TKD worthless? well...

Originally posted by MichaelQuach
Watch Silva versus Sakuraba.... he goes from guard to armbar attempt (even though he didn't get it). I'd say that was an offensive bjj attempt.

It's all situational.

yea ur right. that was the word i was lookig for "situational". i forgot it for some reason when i wrote what i wrote so i worte that incomplete statement. haha.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
so..it IS TKD's fault FOR kim losing to several backfists, NOT kim's. that goes to show everyoen who thinks "its the fighter, not the art" wrong. recall TKD in korea is supposedly not mcdojo.
no blackbelt now it dosent work like that, its kims fault for not training for that...he supposedly knew the rules and if he knew that spinning backfist were allowed than its his fault that he didnt train to defend against them

Originally posted by k.o. kid
no blackbelt now it dosent work like that, its kims fault for not training for that...he supposedly knew the rules and if he knew that spinning backfist were allowed than its his fault that he didnt train to defend against them

he has a trainer. he has friends. he has ppl from his TKD school. so many resources, yet no one said a word and told him "hey...u better punch" or "keep ur hands up when u kick"? i don't believe that. i ocntinue to blame the martial art for corrupting him and the ppl around him.

well you can beleive that blackbeltnow but it is kinda wrong to say that he got beat because of an entire martial art

Originally posted by TJS
Yep but as you know studying a style dosent mean you use it offensivly..Many Strikers train BJJ so they can avoid getting in a submission/choke and know what is going to be thrown at them.

GEN punicher- we dont live in a vaccume- people train multiple styles. you are arguing a point that was a contreversy 10 years ago. GET OVER IT.

oh and you saying Let me ask you, If you got attacked/mugged or just got into a fight at a bar/club whatever would you take the fight to the ground? I realy want to know what you would do?

I think your illiterate. I said IF you were to choose one stlye. HENCE THE IF :eek::eek::eek:. ANYway 98% of all fights go to the ground! I would wanna know how to get outta a mount and snap someones arm. ALso u were saying no punching in bjj...Now i was also talkiung about gjj and if u watched the video tapes from gracie jiu jitsu you would know they teach you some strikes.

Also if i were to get mugged, i would probably take the guy down and either break his arm or gnp his ass. eww tkd on the streets. Hey come back here lemme kick you in the face mr scary man!

Originally posted by k.o. kid
well you can beleive that blackbeltnow but it is kinda wrong to say that he got beat because of an entire martial art

well, it is fair. thats hwat hapens when a martial art's fighters hide from real fighting.

yes i will admit that he got destroyed in the fight but that doesent make it right to say that it was tkds fault that he got owned

Originally posted by TJS
I thought we already established that royce trains several times a week in Striking arts. That eliminates him.

Now Nob. I dont know for sure but i would be willing to bet he has studied other arts but i could always say....he punches..there is no punching in pure BJJ..there goes that argument.

What did Royce win his match against Pat Smith with? Punches from the mount. Gee, I guess his BJJ wasn't "pure." Oh my, what's that closed fist strike done for the self-defense demonstrations etc.? It sure looks like a PUNCH to me... ah, must be another one of Rorion's tricks eh?

So I guess a McDojo that suddenly adds sprawling etc. in a desperate bid to appeal to people must have found some lost magical TKD textbook that they've overlooked with all sorts of "deadly" techniques? Whatever.

If "real" TKDers aren't gonna use horse stances etc. in a "real" fight, then why teach those things in the first place? Are people too stupid to learn the mystic ways of TKD? Second, why do TKDers say that Olympic style isn't the best version while Olympic competition is the highest in the other arts and sports? :rolleyes:

Anyone that uses horse stance in a real fight is an idiot and has no idea what he's doing. No sane person would do that.

Originally posted by Gen Punisher
I think your illiterate. I said IF you were to choose one stlye. HENCE THE IF :eek::eek::eek:. ANYway 98% of all fights go to the ground! I would wanna know how to get outta a mount and snap someones arm. ALso u were saying no punching in bjj...Now i was also talkiung about gjj and if u watched the video tapes from gracie jiu jitsu you would know they teach you some strikes.

Also if i were to get mugged, i would probably take the guy down and either break his arm or gnp his ass. eww tkd on the streets. Hey come back here lemme kick you in the face mr scary man!

ANYway 98% of all fights go to the ground!

Please show me where that statistic came from? Dont bother trying because you cant. because it is bullshit and because you only hear statistics like that from BJJ people. they go to the ground after you get KTFO or maybe for a second ..people dont go rolling around fighting in the street most of the time.

if i were to get mugged, i would probably take the guy down and either break his arm or gnp his ass

That answer sums up your knowladge.

Then what are you going to do when his friend kick you in the head and kills you? dont say it dosent happen.

I have heard of it happening to several people ..one went to my school..He got his kneck broken and will never walk again.

There is also a surveilance video is a BJJ guy taking an attacker to th ground...then his friend run's up and kicks the guy in the head and kills him right there.

What is he has a knife? are you going to get into your gaurd?

THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IN A REAL FIGHT IS ON THE GROUND.

If you are going to argue please post something real or a fact not sme random name calling comment followen by some random blither.

Originally posted by TJS
Please show me where that statistic came from? Dont bother trying because you cant. because it is bullshit and because you only hear statistics like that from BJJ people. they go to the ground after you get KTFO or maybe for a second ..people dont go rolling around fighting in the street most of the time.

That answer sums up your knowladge.

Then what are you going to do when his friend kick you in the head and kills you? dont say it dosent happen.

I have heard of it happening to several people ..one went to my school..He got his kneck broken and will never walk again.

There is also a surveilance video is a BJJ guy taking an attacker to th ground...then his friend run's up and kicks the guy in the head and kills him right there.

What is he has a knife? are you going to get into your gaurd?

THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IN A REAL FIGHT IS ON THE GROUND.

If you are going to argue please post something real or a fact not sme random name calling comment followen by some random blither.

Yes cuz tkd will help you that much more..as for the % look at the back of the gracie tapes. Go to google and type in statistics for fights, as for fights in school, i have gotten into many of them. I would rather break one guys arm then stand up and get jumped by two. Your response to my message sums up your knowledge. YOu sound like a complete idiot.

Wow you can't spell at all. Please type in full sentences...Bjj is not only ground idiot. You can get em in a choke from the air. It focuses on all aspects in fights. When someone is agressive, moderately fast, slow and many more. Why don t you get the tapes you dumbass. All your posts are idiotic.

Hey, Gen Punisher, what stand-up style do you study?

Just curious, because you always sing the praises of BJJ on standup forums but I've never seen you post on the grappling forum. Regardless, I constantly see you pop into discussions about TKD, Muay Thai, Kenpo, etc and say something about BJJ, an art that has little or nothing to do with striking arts.

In addition to BJJ, I train in Thai and yes, I even practiced kenpo, therefore I feel I'm qualified to add an opinion on standup arts as well as grappling, but I haven't heard you say anything about a standup style except "it sucks compared to BJJ".

BTW, I've done BJJ for five years and I've never seen a successful choke applied while standing and not have the fighters go to the ground.

Originally posted by Gen Punisher
Yes cuz tkd will help you that much more..as for the % look at the back of the gracie tapes. Go to google and type in statistics for fights, as for fights in school, i have gotten into many of them. I would rather break one guys arm then stand up and get jumped by two. Your response to my message sums up your knowledge. YOu sound like a complete idiot.

I tried doing you google search for "assaults", "statistics for fights", "Coast to Coast Crime Statistics", "crime statistics", and "ground fight". I found zero matches that say x% of all fights go to the ground. You seem very knowledgable in BJJ. Could you please provide us with some statistics from someplace other than a BJJ school?

LOL gen punisher is telling me I cant spell....

Yes cuz tkd will help you that much more..

Did I say ANYTHING about TKD?

I say
you only hear statistics like that from BJJ people

And your response to that is...
as for the % look at the back of the gracie tapes

Like I said every statistic like that come from a BJJ school, instructor, fan, promoter whatever..the fact is its BS and you cant find anything other than a Gracie saying it? How Ironic.

I would rather break one guys arm then stand up and get jumped by two

ok you go to the ground on purpose and get your head bashed in. smart people stand up when possible.One guy will have a broken arm you will have a fractured skull and one will be laughing at you sound like a good plan to me.

Why don t you get the tapes you dumbass

um ok...Why so I can see these "statistics" If if i choose to take BJJ I will take it at a school.

If bJJ has all these standup techniques why did YOU say the first thing you would do in a real fight is go to the ground?

Can I look forward to more of your name calling in substitute for real answers or proof to back all you claims?

whats going to be the new topic for you to avoid backing up your claims?

Exactly, going to the ground is a last resort. I sure as shit wouldnt purposely try to roll with someone on cement, thats how a kid died 100 yds from my house cuz he hit his head off a curb.

If its on the street, people will want to stay standing unless absolutley neccessary. You can run away from multiple guys if your feet are on the ground , but not if your body is on the ground. Not to mention you can fight multiple people better while standing up.

Punisher, get some real statistics and knowledge aside from a few tapes which you think make you a good fighter.

lol, damn guys, Gen Punisher is CLEARLY trolling you all and you are all falling for it.

Originally posted by Silver Wolf
lol, damn guys, Gen Punisher is CLEARLY trolling you all and you are all falling for it.

I know.. i dont take him seriously..He has yet to back up a single claim he has made.

Originally posted by TJS
LOL gen punisher is telling me I cant spell....

Did I say ANYTHING about TKD?

I say

And your response to that is...

Like I said every statistic like that come from a BJJ school, instructor, fan, promoter whatever..the fact is its BS and you cant find anything other than a Gracie saying it? How Ironic.

ok you go to the ground on purpose and get your head bashed in. smart people stand up when possible.One guy will have a broken arm you will have a fractured skull and one will be laughing at you sound like a good plan to me.

um ok...Why so I can see these "statistics" If if i choose to take BJJ I will take it at a school.

If bJJ has all these standup techniques why did YOU say the first thing you would do in a real fight is go to the ground?

Can I look forward to more of your name calling in substitute for real answers or proof to back all you claims?

whats going to be the new topic for you to avoid backing up your claims?

Lol you're a complete idiot. THIS IS TKD Thread so the comment about if tkd will do better than bjj was aimed towards all. As for the fact that 98% of all fights go to ground, you said find the fact and i did, there are also many google sites that give you this. See now I hope you feel like an idiot. Also there are things called standing submissions...98% of all fights go to ground, ill also be ready for the 2% that doesnt.

Back