-------------------------------------------------
Genki Sudo
(Japan / Beverly Hills Jujitsu Club)

VS

Medalist of Taekwondo
(Korea)

WINNER : Genki Sudo(2R 0:16 KO)
--------------------------------------------------

(ok i don't know why they didn't put the name of the korean guy)

anyway...sudo, mixed martial artist (not a kickboxer or anyone specialized in striking) KOed a TKD "master of kicking" guy. :rolleyes: he was the olympic fighter from korea methinks. sorry i cna't find the picutres, but they were posted here on sherdog before.

Originally posted by True2KungFu
exactly, look at the brazilian top team and guess what? all of them cross train. Try and tell people Chute Box is crappy cuz they cross train.

yes. why TKD sucks? cuz all the "experts" are very cocky and one dimensional. they stick to what they're good at, and not what is good.
how cocky are they? they don't like to punch. punching is THE necessity of ALL martial arts, yet they don't do it. and that shows a lot about TKders doesn't it?

BTT's standup training: Muay Thai and Boxing.

Chute Boxe's standup training: Muay Thai.

Miletich Fighting System's standup training: Muay Thai and Boxing.

See a pattern everyone? Where are the animal style Kung Fu? Where is the Wing Chun? Where is the TKD? Where is the Tang Soo Do? NO WHERE BECAUSE THOSE THINGS DON'T WORK.

TKD is horrible. It can easily be countered and gets raped by many other styles

Originally posted by Silver Wolf
BTT's standup training: Muay Thai and Boxing.

Chute Boxe's standup training: Muay Thai.

Miletich Fighting System's standup training: Muay Thai and Boxing.

See a pattern everyone? Where are the animal style Kung Fu? Where is the Wing Chun? Where is the TKD? Where is the Tang Soo Do? NO WHERE BECAUSE THOSE THINGS DON'T WORK.

zacly wat i am tryeen to say man.

if all yu tkd'ers and tang soo do'ers wud just put yer pride aaside and ferget thaa fact that yu mostly wasted 2 or 3 years in thoz laime kata horse-stancen arts. yu too wud be enlighted like the rest of us EX-tkd'ers.

silver wuf haz just been tellin all yu kaata lovin freeks that thoz arts are not wat werks.

Gen Punisher,

Nog does NOT do only BJJ. As someone else pointed out, he does a lot of Muay Thai.

And where are you getting this "Royce is a top 10 fighter" crap? He hasn't fought in 2 years, hasn't beat a top fighter in 8 years, and from what I can tell, isn't planning on fighting professionally anywhere in the near future. I talked to Royce during a training seminar a few months ago, and he gave no indication that he wanted to.

As much as I respect the guy, he is NOT a top fighter anymore, and most everyone I think, will agree with me. Did you see this in an official ranking? Or did you just make this up?

he is a top fighter and nog (if you read the damn thread) mainly uses bjj. You dont see him stand up fight very much.

Originally posted by Gen Punisher
he is a top fighter and nog (if you read the damn thread) mainly uses bjj. You dont see him stand up fight very much.

you still dont get it he Still trains in other stlyes and uses them whther it be offense or defense.

Nog mainly uses BJJ and he is a champion

Bas rutten mainly used muai Thai/ kickboxing and he was a Champion.

Tito uses mainly wrestling and is a champion

Silva uses mainly Muay thai.

Can you say ANY Of them use just one though? NO.. Champions today hav evolved..Nog can punch, Bas can submit, tito can stand and strike...everyone has a stlye and works from it many styles have produced champion BJJ isint the only one.

Muay thai and boxing are the quickest to learn, thats why they are used. Kung fu works, but its been done to death so why bother.

Originally posted by True2KungFu
Muay thai and boxing are the quickest to learn, thats why they are used. Kung fu works, but its been done to death so why bother.

no it doesnt.

Kung Fu sucks. Remember in the second ufc where royce faced a kung fu guy and almost broke his arm??? Ya thats what i thought,

TKD may not be worthless, but it's MORE worthless than every other style.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
okay aobut a TKD person NOT from a mcdojo..how bout this i foun on the k1 site:
-------------------------------------------------
Genki Sudo
(Japan / Beverly Hills Jujitsu Club)

VS

Medalist of Taekwondo
(Korea)

WINNER : Genki Sudo(2R 0:16 KO)
--------------------------------------------------

(ok i don't know why they didn't put the name of the korean guy)

anyway...sudo, mixed martial artist (not a kickboxer or anyone specialized in striking) KOed a TKD "master of kicking" guy. :rolleyes: he was the olympic fighter from korea methinks. sorry i cna't find the picutres, but they were posted here on sherdog before.
yeah that stuff on the k-1 website is a bunch of crap.....didnt it say that kim was a medalist at the olympics in tkd and no one found a single thing on him being in the olympics its just a bunch of lies trying to promote the fight

Originally posted by Kain
TKD may not be worthless, but it's MORE worthless than every other style.

actually i think TKD is better than kungfu. at least its EASY to transition from TKD to kickboxing, but ONLY if u realize it sucks, and what u need to improve b4 u kickbox.
if u are a kungfu guy who started realizing kungfu sucks, u basicaly have to start from scratch.

k.o. kid, Kim still should have beat Genki as Sudo isn't all that good standing and Kim only trains in standup.

Originally posted by k.o. kid
yeah that stuff on the k-1 website is a bunch of crap.....didnt it say that kim was a medalist at the olympics in tkd and no one found a single thing on him being in the olympics its just a bunch of lies trying to promote the fight

kim (if thats hs name) may not be an olympian (btw..it dind't say he was an olympian i thought he was..cuz someone said so on the board), but must be among the top 20 TKDers if he's a medalist from the country.

how bout this: despite the misleading info, how can the website be a bunch of crap...the fight HAPPENED. a high ranked TKD guy got KOed by a MMArtist. what about tkd winning? why do u believe that? cuz from what i know, it's NEVER happened.

if u think kim is a bad representative of TKD..then where are the potentially "good" ones? are they chicken or lazy ? or never thought about fighting in kickboxing?

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
kim (if thats hs name) may not be an olympian (btw..it dind't say he was an olympian i thought he was..cuz someone said so on the board), but must be among the top 20 TKDers if he's a medalist from the country.

how bout this: despite the misleading info, how can the website be a bunch of crap...the fight HAPPENED. a high ranked TKD guy got KOed by a MMArtist. what about tkd winning? why do u believe that? cuz from what i know, it's NEVER happened.
well sorry i thought it said that he was a medalist in tkd in the olympics because of what some people posted on here from awhile back, ive never seen the website my mistake

and yes i know the fight happened and kim did get creamed ill give you that

and as for your question on where are all the tkd fighters in kickboxing most of the tkders only have the olympics on there mind...you dont see or hear of them because they arent professionals because that will mess up there whole olympic tkd career they cant go to the olympics if they are a pro most of them are amatuers, but that just speaks for the people that practice olympic style tkd i dont know about the other styles of tkd i have no clue as to where they are

Originally posted by Silver Wolf
k.o. kid, Kim still should have beat Genki as Sudo isn't all that good standing and Kim only trains in standup.
yes but the outcome of all fights dont end up the way they are supposed to you of all people should know that

Back