TKD worthless? well...

BTW, Gen Punisher...

Originally posted by Iron Angel
Hey, Gen Punisher, what stand-up style do you study?

Just curious, because you always sing the praises of BJJ on standup forums but I've never seen you post on the grappling forum. Regardless, I constantly see you pop into discussions about TKD, Muay Thai, Kenpo, etc and say something about BJJ, an art that has little or nothing to do with striking arts.

In addition to BJJ, I train in Thai and yes, I even practiced kenpo, therefore I feel I'm qualified to add an opinion on standup arts as well as grappling, but I haven't heard you say anything about a standup style except "it sucks compared to BJJ".

BTW, I've done BJJ for five years and I've never seen a successful choke applied while standing and not have the fighters go to the ground.

Well?

BTW, Gen Punisher...

Well?

First of all, on the back of the gracie tapes is the 98%...As for Bjj... LIKE I FUCKING SAID YOU WHORE, THE KEYWORD IS IF!!!! IF YOU WERE TO CHOOSE ONE STYLE IT SHOULD BE BJJ OR GJJ..BUT OF COURSE MUI THAI IS ALSO GOOD AND SOME WRESTLING. I WOULD RATHER MASTER ONE STYLE THAN KNOW A FEW.

Originally posted by True2KungFu
Exactly, going to the ground is a last resort. I sure as shit wouldnt purposely try to roll with someone on cement, thats how a kid died 100 yds from my house cuz he hit his head off a curb.

If its on the street, people will want to stay standing unless absolutley neccessary. You can run away from multiple guys if your feet are on the ground , but not if your body is on the ground. Not to mention you can fight multiple people better while standing up.

Punisher, get some real statistics and knowledge aside from a few tapes which you think make you a good fighter.

Obviously stubborn, read the whole post you newb shit, i said if!!! if if if if if you were to choose one style it should be bjj or gjj, you asked for a fact so i gave it to u, its on the abck of the tapes. i never said i was a good fighter becuase i dont like to boast but i sure as hell can be the shit outta you bitch

Yep theres that vicious name calling...

THIS IS TKD Thread

Yes your right so why do you bring up BJJ? Why do you bring it up in every thread? Is this the mixed martial arts Forum? Grappling forum? NO THIS IS STANDUP

As for the fact that 98% of all fights go to ground, you said find the fact and i did

You found something that a gracie said you didint find any proof. I said only BJJ people say that and so far you have responded by telling me what a Gracie SAYS.

you said find the fact and i did

No you said the same thing you said in your first post. the only peple you can find that say that are BJJ people.

there are also many google sites that give you this

since they are in abundance why dont you show everyone one of these sites...rember PROOF..no one cares what you claim if you cant back it up with evidence.

See now I hope you feel like an idiot

Yea you sure showed me..all this proof and evidence to back up you stupid claims is just overflowing...

98% of all fights go to ground, ill also be ready for the 2% that doesnt

No all of YOUR fights will go to the ground because you will either go their on purpose or get knocked out trying.

Listen, little kid. I asked you some civil questions. Don't light your ass on fire over me. Try actually reading my post. I asked what standup style you studied, because all you mention is BJJ. I wasn't commenting on choosing one style over another, so don't try to piss on me.

And what are the web sites that list the fighting statistics? I'd honestly like to read them.

Iron angel-good luck, he dosent actually answer questions he just starts calling people names and then changes the subject when he cant back up his wild claims.

Sorry, TJS. We crossed ideas, there.

I study mui thai, also you must be illiterate... your last post said all i talk about is bjj and i said why all i talk about is bjj. I aint a little kid either. YOu act like you deserve respect but in reality your a little bitch.

Yeah, he's been doing this for a while. I've noticed the same thing on a lot of other standup threads. No grappling threads, but lots of standup ones.

Yeah, he's been doing this for a while. I've noticed the same thing on a lot of other standup threads. No grappling threads, but lots of standup ones.

If your talking about me it's becuase these standup styles are pointless and criticizing them is a justification of my opinion towards them

Funny, your profile doesn't mention Muay Thai.

Why don't you ever post in grappling threads?

Still looking for those web sites, BTW.

And, just to set it straight, you called me a "fucking whore", not to mention "illiterate" and "a little bitch". And you're 16, or so you claimed in another thread. That makes you a kid. Get used to it.

I bet your study of Muay thai consist of watching a video tape.

Originally posted by TJS
Please show me where that statistic came from? Dont bother trying because you cant. because it is bullshit and because you only hear statistics like that from BJJ people. they go to the ground after you get KTFO or maybe for a second ..people dont go rolling around fighting in the street most of the time.

Oh, so they always manage to stay standing up or somehow end up on the ceiling? As far as statistics, you'd have to look at police sites etc.

Then what are you going to do when his friend kick you in the head and kills you? dont say it dosent happen.

I have heard of it happening to several people ..one went to my school..He got his kneck broken and will never walk again.

There is also a surveilance video is a BJJ guy taking an attacker to th ground...then his friend run's up and kicks the guy in the head and kills him right there.

Oh, so now everyone has friends now that are in a position to help? What about all those school fights where somebody's getting ground n' pound until the teachers/security stops it, not their "buddies" who are too busy looking scared or cheering.

What is he has a knife? are you going to get into your gaurd?

I'd certainly rather be there than get sliced trying a TKD disarm! And why do you assume I'd be in the guard?

THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IN A REAL FIGHT IS ON THE GROUND.

It's the last place your opponent wants to be too! So go learn some effective tactics instead of making excuses.

Oh, so they always manage to stay standing up or somehow end up on the ceiling? As far as statistics, you'd have to look at police sites etc.

No, I think many fights go to the ground but I know 98% of them do not and i dont go making up percentages about it either.

Oh, so now everyone has friends now that are in a position to help?

No but it's good possiblity. people only attack people or start fights with people they think they can win against..many times that means them having a weapon or a friend...to many people get caught up in the "1 vs 1 fair fighting scenario"

What about all those school fights where somebody's getting ground n' pound until the teachers/security stops it, not their "buddies" who are too busy looking scared or cheering.

Yea and you know what else happens alot? their friends jump in..I have seen that happen just as many times..i would rather be standing up and get hit by suprise than on the ground.

I'd certainly rather be there than get sliced trying a TKD disarm! And why do you assume I'd be in the guard?

Where did i say anyhting about a TKD disarm? I would never try a TKD disarm. Im not defending TKD this has nothing to do with it.

It's the last place your opponent wants to be too! So go learn some effective tactics instead of making excuses.

I think you misunderstand me. I think BJJ is very effective I plan on taking it up soon. YOur right people dont know how to fight on the gorund, if you do that gives you a huge advantage,I dont however think it's the end all, be all complete art. I dont want to rely on having to go to the ground in every fight

Basically The last place you want to be in a fight is on the ground..however many fights end up there and that is where BJJ plays an important roll. I just dont think people should rely completly on it. this the birth of MMA

Originally posted by TJS
No, I think many fights go to the ground but I know 98% of them do not and i dont go making up percentages about it either.

No but it's good possiblity. people only attack people or start fights with people they think they can win against..many times that means them having a weapon or a friend...to many people get caught up in the "1 vs 1 fair fighting scenario"

Yea and you know what else happens alot? their friends jump in..I have seen that happen just as many times..i would rather be standing up and get hit by suprise than on the ground.

Where did i say anyhting about a TKD disarm? I would never try a TKD disarm. Im not defending TKD this has nothing to do with it.

I think you misunderstand me. I think BJJ is very effective I plan on taking it up soon. YOur right people dont know how to fight on the gorund, if you do that gives you a huge advantage,I dont however think it's the end all, be all complete art. I dont want to rely on having to go to the ground in every fight

Basically The last place you want to be in a fight is on the ground..however many fights end up there and that is where BJJ plays an important roll. I just dont think people should rely completly on it. this the birth of MMA

Ill give you one thing tjs. That its not very effective against many people, but what if they bring you to the ground? WOuld you like to know what to do?? ALso i said i studied mui thai, but pure bjj aint thhhaaaat bad, in fact it could be very affective especially if your on the bottom in the fight, or top for that matter..ANd you were saying for me to post somehwhere else meanwhile you just said this has nothin to do with tkd...Can that be any more hypocritical?

Funny, your profile doesn't mention Muay Thai.

Why don't you ever post in grappling threads?

Still looking for those web sites, BTW.

And, just to set it straight, you called me a "fucking whore", not to mention "illiterate" and "a little bitch". And you're 16, or so you claimed in another thread. That makes you a kid. Get used to it.

Seriously if you have the time to do this you're exactly what i called you. Anyway take your bitching to another thread, i said why i post here. Becuase i want to criticise tkd and proove its worthlessness.

Originally posted by TJS
I bet your study of Muay thai consist of watching a video tape.

Pure Stupidity, no need for such a post, obviously showing to all the free time you have. You waste that time so easily by posting such a dumb remark.

Troll.

Another pointless remark to gain some sort of popularity, plz give this asshole a yellow card.

Back