TKD worthless? well...

Actually k.o. kid, that fight DID end up the way it was supposed to since the TKDer lost. ha

Originally posted by k.o. kid
yes but the outcome of all fights dont end up the way they are supposed to you of all people should know that

he got knocked by spinning backfists!! u see those in TKD don't u? yet he didn't see them coming.

no blackbeltnow i dont see spinning backfist in tkd in the tkd i fight in(olympic) they are not allowed.....although it is practiced in tkd

Gen Punisher needs to quit riding the Gracies' jocks. Royce is not a top 10 fighter, nor is Rickson. Or any other Gracie, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong).

And as was said before, Nog isn't purel BJJ. He trains in Muay Thai as well. Get it through your head, man.

Originally posted by Torn Victor
Gen Punisher needs to quit riding the Gracies' jocks. Royce is not a top 10 fighter, nor is Rickson. Or any other Gracie, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong).

And as was said before, Nog isn't purel BJJ. He trains in Muay Thai as well. Get it through your head, man.

Gracie??? Rickson??? Hahahahahah your kidding me. FOR THE ALST TIME NOG MAINLY USES BJJ. LAST FIGHT IN RPDIE HE USED PURE BJJ.

BBN, kung fu is much easier to transition to kickboxing. Im speaking northern styles. Do you know why? Because we dont do those lame jumping kicks. We do round kicks and thrust kicks , close range trapping, and all the standard punches from an open stance.

I do tons of bagwork a day and i spar full contact , i dont do these crazy punch from horse stance and other lame ass shit you morons think up. I cant speak for all kung fu practioners, i however have a good open minded teacher, and i learn from other styles as well. I would never call kung fu useless. Ill be proving it in the ring as soon as eligable.

Originally posted by True2KungFu
BBN, kung fu is much easier to transition to kickboxing. Im speaking northern styles. Do you know why? Because we dont do those lame jumping kicks. We do round kicks and thrust kicks , close range trapping, and all the standard punches from an open stance.

I do tons of bagwork a day and i spar full contact , i dont do these crazy punch from horse stance and other lame ass shit you morons think up. I cant speak for all kung fu practioners, i however have a good open minded teacher, and i learn from other styles as well. I would never call kung fu useless. Ill be proving it in the ring as soon as eligable.

hehe, true2, i bet you 10 bucks that some troll going to post something like this: "oh, you don't need to fight, we already know that you're going to lose against MT (etc. ) fighter cuz KUNG FU IS WORTHLESS" (insert evil maniacal laughter here).

anyways, good luck. i hope you win so that you can prove some of the trolls here wrong (but remember to do some ground stuff and techniques from other MA as well, as i know you will).

Originally posted by Gen Punisher
Gracie??? Rickson??? Hahahahahah your kidding me. FOR THE ALST TIME NOG MAINLY USES BJJ. LAST FIGHT IN RPDIE HE USED PURE BJJ.

No he is not kidding with you. Neither one of them are top 10 MMA fighters. If you want to argue that provide proof not opinion.

So nog did not throw a single punch in his match? You know punching is not in pure BJJ.

NOG CROSSTRAINS PERIOD. EVERY GREAT FIGHTER TODAY CROSSTRAINS. There are champion who use mainly MT, Champions who use mainly wrestling, and champion who use mainly BJJ..but ALL of them have studied other stlyes.

If you are going to argue dont switch topics every post and try some supporting evidence.

Originally posted by True2KungFu

Sounds like you train Muay Thai.

They may cross train but they dont always use it in fights.

Dude.... go watch Nog vs Heath Herring... Nog outpunched Herring during standup.... You can't tell me that wasn't a factor. Your argument's dead already.... let it go.

Royce Gracie still a top 10 fighter?? Stop pulling things out of your ass already....

To silver wolf.............what do you think of Kyokoshin(spelling) do you think that they play 'footsie tag' as well, because it is karate???

As for the Sudo fight..............................SUDO IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!. If anyone could post a link to the end of the fight it would be most welcome. As for the tkd guy he fought tho, im guessing he wasn't that good (kinda like Art Jimmerson in the UFC), K1 just wanted a TKD guy to lose. I think this, because most serious tkd guys stick to tkd.

listen up :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, u misunderstood me........i am saying if u were to choose one style and by some act of God u could not train in another....bjj is the one......tkd sux......does anyone in mma today train mainly in tkd and win?......no......Nog has a main background in bjj, but he does cross-train as every fighter does so they know their opponent beetter, anyone who disagrees doesnt want to believe that all their years in their mcdojo were a waste, and that one style has proven its supremecy (bjj).....It is better to be the master of one, than to be good at two....so for idfiots who keeop arguing with me, my point is if u were to choose one style above all others ( and this what the early ufc was trying to prove because each fighter did not cross trian till around frank shamrock), than bjj is the style....if u disagree have fun on the streets

top level mma fighters do not do tkd . why? because it isnt anywhere near the most effective stand-up art.

Originally posted by k.o. kid
no blackbeltnow i dont see spinning backfist in tkd in the tkd i fight in(olympic) they are not allowed.....although it is practiced in tkd

so..it IS TKD's fault FOR kim losing to several backfists, NOT kim's. that goes to show everyoen who thinks "its the fighter, not the art" wrong. recall TKD in korea is supposedly not mcdojo.

They may cross train but they dont always use it in fights.

i didn' tread his prev posts. from reading other ppls post it sounds like many ppl disagree with him.

but i agree with this one. silva is a pupple belt in BJJ but we don't see him use it when he's on the agressive side. he prefers striking. u never see him shoot or take down (but u see him sprawl ).

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
i didn' tread his prev posts. from reading other ppls post it sounds like many ppl disagree with him.

but i agree with this one. silva is a pupple belt in BJJ but we don't see him use it when he's on the agressive side. he prefers striking. u never see him shoot or take down (but u see him sprawl ).

Yep but as you know studying a style dosent mean you use it offensivly..Many Strikers train BJJ so they can avoid getting in a submission/choke and know what is going to be thrown at them.

GEN punicher- we dont live in a vaccume- people train multiple styles. you are arguing a point that was a contreversy 10 years ago. GET OVER IT.

oh and you saying
if u disagree have fun on the streets
Let me ask you, If you got attacked/mugged or just got into a fight at a bar/club whatever would you take the fight to the ground? I realy want to know what you would do?

To silver wolf.............what do you think of Kyokoshin(spelling) do you think that they play 'footsie tag' as well, because it is karate???

If you check my profile and read more of my posts you would know that I really like Kyokushin and promote that art a lot. It's one of my 'Big 4' standup arts. I have nothing but good things to say about Kyokushin and it's atheles have proven themselves in the ring against real fighters.

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow

Watch Silva versus Sakuraba.... he goes from guard to armbar attempt (even though he didn't get it). I'd say that was an offensive bjj attempt.

It's all situational.

Back