**This thread has a slightly medicinal smell**

Wtf I didnt know so many old people posted here. Did your grandchildren have to show you how?

Jk its nice to have that wisdom here in the berry. Also it reminds me that im still young at 28.

Old age is in the mind it's true, but as I age I do have strange aches and pains that come and go without rhyme or reason.

This is true. It's hard being an older guy. Just turned 40 this summer. Doing bjj is painful sometimes. Also sometimes it hurts to walk after you wake up. Walking to the morning piss feels like I'm walking on marbles.

haha what's a prickit?

shiners as in black eyes

DSC03813.JPG

Na I was thinking this type.

shiner_bock_texas_beer.jpg

i am 2 months younger then Anderson the Spider Silva.:mad:

i swear somehow having children speeds up time poof then your old

im 35 and have that old man strength.

Now I get why this place is called mayberry.

I'm 44. My kids are grown. Now if I could just figure out how to get them to finish college and move out.

Well I have older man strength, *Gets equus in a headlock and starts barking at the sky*

*give Paul 100k vcash to let go of headlock. immediately fills Pauls face with uppercuts and picks up 100k vcash.

runs away.

funny thing though, i still feel as if i am 19/20, though i do find myself reacting to situations more and more like my father......(less patience)

i know i've gotten older, can see the lines appearing around the eyes, though not too bad. the skin on my hands/arms are what is really noticable to me now. hard to explain, but years of being outside playing golf or whatever and not using sunblock is very noticable. i wear solar sleeves these days and make sure i have block on my head/neck/hands.

35 in a couple months

+1 on the skin. I really notice it when I look at one of my kids perfect , unblemished skin next to my increasingly weathered dermis......subtle little spots starting to show up and drier and more textured looking. I also noticed that cuts take forever to heal now. My single biggest gripe with getting older is waking up sore and stiff everyday , its fine once I get going , but the back/hips and such are definitely not as bombproof as I once thought.

Overall , I enjoy life more and more the older I get so Im not bothered by it too much. Beats the alternative anyhow

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 46. I have shirts older than many of the forum posters. I remember things that seem ridiculous now and are hard to explain to the kids (8-track tapes, rotary phones, etc.) and I don't remember where I put my keys, my wallet, and my hat. The future looks grim.

31. But Marine corps ages you10 years sooooo yea

I'm 50 but by your math I'm 60. Wait 20 years in the Coprs. might make me closer to 70

Been through a lot in my years. I still try and learn something new everyday.

I have been fortunate to have lived a good life. There have been many obstacles along the way but have managed to get through them somehow. I have done so many things in my life that I stated to write a memoir about a year ago. Going through my memories of moments and events have brought me a ton of smiles and some tears.

I lived a good life and there is still a lot of fight in me.

(this'll seem stalky to people who don't know the Plats how they used to be).

I miss the old plat days. Most of the plats of the old days will never know how much I appreciated the support they gave me.

Back