**This thread has a slightly medicinal smell**

One strange thing about aging is not truly realizing it. I don't see the world through the eyes of a 37 year old. When I see kids in college, or am sparring against a younger guy in the gym, or we're playing a certain team in softball, it doesn't register that I'm twice their age.

Yeah this is true for me too. When I am doing judo, i dont care about any of that.

Yeah this is true for me too. When I am doing judo, i dont care about any of that.

IDK. As a dude also in his mid 30's when I compete against guys in their early 20's it's very apparent of the age difference to myself. Your mind thinks you can still move and react like a kid but the body can't keep up, you're basically a step behind. I notice this in basketball mostly and the flag football league I play in. Around the end of my twenties I noticed that extra gear or young man strength lessens with age. I reach a point where I'm like, "that's all I got" where as in my younger years i knew I could always pull out a little more.

Not to forget, the next day I'm nearly dead. Recovery time gets longer with age

things I enjoy with my age are numerous though. I enjoy being financially secure and knowing I only have 15 years left of work till retirement. Not having a need to impress like I did in my younger years. Learning to live within your means and learning more about what true happiness is. Being able to be insanely stoned in public and getting away with it since you're dad aged and dress like a banker. Also you can always say you have allergies. That doesn't work if you're a red eyed teenager.

IDK. As a dude also in his mid 30's when I compete against guys in their early 20's it's very apparent of the age difference to myself. Your mind thinks you can still move and react like a kid but the body can't keep up, you're basically a step behind. I notice this in basketball mostly and the flag football league I play in. Around the end of my twenties I noticed that extra gear or young man strength lessens with age. I reach a point where I'm like, "that's all I got" where as in my younger years i knew I could always pull out a little more.

Not to forget, the next day I'm nearly dead. Recovery time gets longer with age

I was well into my 50s before I noticed or admitted that and really started slowing down in my mid 60s. Climbing stairs got to be a real chore and I started using elevators to go up one floor.

Louie CK once said something hilarious that always stuck with me

"when I wake up it takes a half our or so for my eyes to really focus now."

not a half hour for me but I find this to be true as I get older.

I'm 27 but my life has been over for the most part since 25

i have to shave at night because of this. I simply can't see well enough in the morning to shave my face.

^^ haha that's such a good idea, one less step to worry about during the morning routine, think I might take up on that

Im 42. I actually got distinguished looking, with salt and pepper hair. My body looks better than it ever did, but I do have to take meds for BP and cholesterol now. And just this year I started to need some help reading menus in dark places, or small print on my phone. I thank George Clooney for letting grey be OK. The only thing I would change is I wish my joints were still 25...getting aches and stuff. My dick still works great, I just tried it out before.

You watch a lot of TV? I am in front of the PC all day so I thought maybe that was the problem. I'm only 30 and had my eyes checked, doctor said it was fine. But I can't read the clock on the cable box at any distance.

You watch a lot of TV? I am in front of the PC all day so I thought maybe that was the problem. I'm only 30 and had my eyes checked, doctor said it was fine. But I can't read the clock on the cable box at any distance.

I work in IT so I'm behind a screen all day. it takes me about 10 minutes or so to adjust

One of the joys of being my age? I just woke up from a great nap, and I feel great!

28, but with the hairline of a 41 year old.

IMO, the 40s are a person's prime and all the cool posters ITT supports the idea.

My real age, it's actually 345. I'm just trapped in this young body.

Can we talk about our bowel movements in this thread?

^^ I try not to deuce when the bird is home

sucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back