"They contacted me months ago about it, you know something I don't"?

I hope TTTHS makes an episode with the mma conspiracy guy talking about this.

I think what you're saying is possible. Its like a repeat of what happened with aldo, with Nate being Chad and RDA being Aldo. McGregor vs Aldo pulled 1.2 mill because of that. MAYBE, the UFC realized the success came from everything that happened leading up to 194 and want to replicate that. They want to build up a bigger story, because right now RDA vs McGregor had no background and the only thing enticing about it was that its McGregor going for his second belt.

I honestly can go on and on about this :D

The more I type the more I believe in this conspiracy. We'll never truly know so Its smart business.

I recently made a comment in another thread about the same Diaz quote. Seemed like it shut up Conor for a second and took him a second to get back into character / putting on a show. But I don't know about all of that in your OP. It is possible RDA notified Dana about his injury and Dana told Conor first then Dana and Conor went through possible opponents to step in with Diaz being on top of that list.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories but…

zs701.jpg

Lolz

As if UFC cares about all this.

If they don't make gazillions from X fighting Y right now, they will make the same amount of money or more from Q fighting Z tomorrow.

Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow...

it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma

Not to brag or anything, but I called this whole situation more than two months ago;

"This is the way things play out. Dos Anjos vs McGregor gets signed for spring of next year. The UFC comes forth and pays Dos Anjos some step aside money a month or two before the scheduled date and guise it as an "injury". Nate Diaz gets the call to replace him and we'll see McGregor vs Diaz for the interim title at 155 since that's the fight that the UFC and McGregor want right now at the weight."

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-boxing-edition-version-3.3132291/

If a dummy like me can see that playing out like that well in advance then so should a lot of people.

At 36:17 of the press conference Conor says, "Another reason I chose Nate..."

Seriously i doubt Nate could even tell you right now wtf he was talking about just then

they called me three years ago and shit about this fight thats whats up.

I WOUDLNT CARE

i mean, if hes fighting RDA, thats enough. or lawler

but it is what it is, to keep thinking about that is just, dunno

but nate is kinda crazy, so, his words are like, yeah

Yeah, Nate said some weird shit and Conor was kinda speechless/looked stunned. It was bizarre.

I wouldn't put it past UFC, White and the Fertitas to have some shady background workings. Honestly, a lot of weird stuff goes on in this company.
mafia past

but its like, man, all these conspiracies, if you stop to think about them, youre gonna spend your whole life thinking about shit like that. but, mafia past

Why would they even make the fight if they knew they were going to call it off?

Why not just make the original fight for UFC 200? Makes absolutely NO sense. They have nothing to gain from making the fight for UFC 196 and then canceling it and having someone else come in. They could've easily just made the fight Diaz/McGregor to begin with.

Sherdoggers have their tin foil hats on nice and tight.

Did you slappers really miss that the UFC have been prepping guys to be replacements for main events? They openly talk about it all the time, fighters talk about it. With the frequency of last minute pull-outs, the UFC brass would be stupid to not line replacement fighters up. Diaz would have been approached about this, but in typical Diaz form, he didn't quite understand what it all meant.

Why not just make the original fight for UFC 200? Makes absolutely NO sense. They have nothing to gain from making the fight for UFC 196 and then canceling it and having someone else come in. They could've easily just made the fight Diaz/McGregor to begin with.

They have a bigger story line now and more free press. Meaning more money in the long run.

They're willing to step over dimes if it means they can pick up dollars

There are 100s of millions of dollars on the line every year.

No doubt Dana and gang change it up on purpose behind the scenes to better the company's chance to make money.

Nate has been in the game for a long time. He knows and called him out on it.

But lets be serious, if you where Dana or one of the brothers, wouldn't you do the same thing to pad your pockets with the most cash as possible?

This shit isn't a straight up sport, but sport entertainment.

Not without a whole lot of outrage and accusations with someone like Edgar sitting there waiting for his shot at the FW belt. They could avoid the accusations by signing a Dos Anjos vs Mcgregor fight. But they really couldn't with a McGregor vs Diaz fight. The Diaz fight only really makes sense under the situation we currently have.

Back