"They contacted me months ago about it, you know something I don't"?

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Yeah, Nate said some weird shit and Conor was kinda speechless/looked stunned. It was bizarre.

I wouldn't put it past UFC, White and the Fertitas to have some shady background workings. Honestly, a lot of weird stuff goes on in this company.

I think the UFC originally wanted to have Conor fight Nate as it would be a lower risk/big money fight. But they realized the fan backlash and people would have demanded Conor defend his FW title against Frankie. So instead the scrapped the idea and decided to let Conor jump the line and get a free title shot against RDA.

They probably called Nate to test the waters before they made any final decision. I think originally they were hoping Cowboy would win too. I have no proof of this but it seemed they were weighing quite a few options and the one they were not looking to do was FW against Frankie right away and Nate was one of the fights they considered.

Conor vs. Lawler at UFC 200 would've been WAY bigger than Conor vs. RDA though. It sure would've been more lucrative.
It would have been big but all the gift decisions Lawler has received in title fights would damper it's appeal. Conor vs a dominant champ would be a great headliner vs 200.

Nate Diaz to Conor regarding himself filling in for RDA at the press conference today.

Something has been extremely fishy about this whole ordeal. I imagine the UFC is fully banking on Conor winning on March 5th and fighting RDA at 200. RDA wasn't hurt. This was all part of the plan. The pictures could have been from anytime. It's also the real reason why Khabib was shot down.
or maybe they were just in contact with all possible contenders in case one of the fighters had to drop out due to injury....just maybe.

Nate Diaz to Conor regarding himself filling in for RDA at the press conference today.

Something has been extremely fishy about this whole ordeal. I imagine the UFC is fully banking on Conor winning on March 5th and fighting RDA at 200. RDA wasn't hurt. This was all part of the plan. The pictures could have been from anytime. It's also the real reason why Khabib was shot down.

Nate said this months ago here:

or maybe they were just in contact with all possible contenders in case one of the fighters had to drop out due to injury....just maybe.

And maybe just maybe they liked the Diaz option because after staying contact with him they knew he wasn't training and his style isn't one to exploit Conor's glaring weakness. And maybe just maybe they had plans all along of saving the RDA/Conor fight for UFC 200 and could milk a quick paybay this March.

I think the UFC originally wanted to have Conor fight Nate as it would be a lower risk/big money fight. But they realized the fan backlash and people would have demanded Conor defend his FW title against Frankie. So instead the scrapped the idea and decided to let Conor jump the line and get a free title shot against RDA.

They probably called Nate to test the waters before they made any final decision. I think originally they were hoping Cowboy would win too. I have no proof of this but it seemed they were weighing quite a few options and the one they were not looking to do was FW against Frankie right away and Nate was one of the fights they considered.

Frankie said to InsideMMA that UFC was well aware that he had surgery and was recovering. And is pissed the UFC is using his name in all of this. So no the Frankie fiasco is all just a front. As well as the Aldo thing as discussed at length at the press conference today.

The only other real option was Khabib. And that was quickly shot down and we're seeing why as stated in OP

Frankie said to InsideMMA that UFC was well aware that he had surgery and was recovering. And is pissed the UFC is using his name in all of this. So no the Frankie fiasco is all just a front. As well as the Aldo thing as discussed at length at the press conference today.

The only other real option was Khabib. And that was quickly shot down and we're seeing why as stated in OP
I am not talking about anything recent or why Frankie couldn't step in as the replacement after RDA got hurt. I am talking about after the Aldo win people would have demanded Conor defend his belt against Frankie if he tried to go the Nate Diaz route.

But I think after Conor beat Aldo, the UFC and Conor were considering trying to make his next fight Diaz. Especially after Cowboy lost and Diaz called out Conor. I think the UFC felt that would be a good fight to cash in on.

But they decided it would be too hard to justify not making Conor defend his FW title so he could do a non-title fight against Diaz and instead they gave Conor the shot at RDA. Because you need a real good reason for a champ to not even have one defense before looking at other weight-classes. But while they were considering it they may have contacted Diaz to even see if it was possible but ended up going the RDA route.

um, didn't nate say they've been calling him since the aldo fight? which happened before his last fight....I think someone needs to sharpen his/her own toolbox before criticizing someone else's home improvements...

Exactly .. and that is why Nate said in his post fight interview after the Johnson fight " You know who the money is ", because they were already calling him for it.

And maybe just maybe they liked the Diaz option because after staying contact with him they knew he wasn't training and his style isn't one to exploit Conor's glaring weakness. And maybe just maybe they had plans all along of saving the RDA/Conor fight for UFC 200 and could milk a quick paybay this March.
and maybe, just maybe you have lost your mind and need to take the tinfoil hat off. RDA posts fake pictures of his foot and fakes an injury......oh boy. You people are beyond silly

I am not talking about anything recent or why Frankie couldn't step in as the replacement after RDA got hurt. I am talking about after the Aldo win people would have demanded Conor defend his belt against Frankie if he tried to go the Nate Diaz route.

But I think after Conor beat Aldo, the UFC and Conor were considering trying to make his next fight Diaz. Especially after Cowboy lost and Diaz called out Conor. I think the UFC felt that would be a good fight to cash in on.

But they decided it would be too hard to justify not making Conor defend his FW title so he could do a non-title fight against Diaz and instead they gave Conor the shot at RDA. Because you need a real good reason for a champ to not even have one defense before looking at other weight-classes. But while they were considering it they may have contacted Diaz to even see if it was possible but ended up going the RDA route.

Diaz also said he's sure Conor knew his entire training camp that he would be fight him.

I do love how some fighers seem to post pics after they pull out. Why would they need to?

#formation

I've always said ufc is dirty if not even more dirty than pride FC

So yeah

Diaz also said he's sure Conor knew his entire training camp that he would be fight him.
Well if that's the case then yeah I'd like to know why Nate thinks that and if there is anything he knows that can confirm it. I'd have to think even Nate would know not to pick that scab too much until the fight takes place. But maybe something will come out after?

If it was just about anybody other than Nate I'd already be more curious but it's very easy to see Diaz being confused. At the same time, he's one of the few guys that would say so if it was the case so hard to know.

I'm sure the UFC is lining up replacements well in advance given the recent run of injuries.

Back