Economy The [Wall / Government Shutdown] Megathread

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m curious as to why none of the conservative posters here have spoken about this? They must know more than him.

From what I’ve read a majority of border counties don’t want the wall. And I take their word over border agent lobbyists.

My first reaction is $5 billion is what, 1/12th of the budget to build the whole wall? I honestly dunno what that money would buy trump.

Would seem like a democract win if these are the terms.
$5 billion is not even remotely close to enough. A more plausible figure that is mentioned is $60 billion. But even that is going to be a very optimistic figure because such large government projects invariably skyrocket. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $100 billion .

On the Dreamer issue: If a French person moved to the US, overstayed their visa, and raised their kids illegally here -- they and their kids would be deported. Why's it different because they're Mexican? It seems arbitrary and racist to just make them citizens.

Last edited:
$5 billion is not even remotely close to enough. A more plausible figure that is mentioned is $60 billion. But even that is going to be a very optimistic figure because such large government projects invariably skyrocket. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $100 billion .

Perhaps Trump hopes most of his base are unaware of this, and that getting $5 billion let’s him get out of this bind without looking totally out maneuvered.

i will have a new poll coming in a few hours. all answers will make me the God Lord of Sherdog.

I’m curious as to why none of the conservative posters here have spoken about this? They must know more than him.
PRetty self explanatory if you read it. The wall is a controversial idea. The article says he was "narrowly" reelected. He lives in an area with a high migrant population.

The fear over supporting the border wall is purely political. Politicians don't care if we need it or not, they care what effect it might have on their reelection.

Its frankly retarded and unsupportable to say the need for a border wall is a myth when you consider the number of people who cross our border illegally.

Perhaps Trump hopes most of his base are unaware of this, and that getting $5 billion let’s him get out of this bind without looking totally out maneuvered.
Trump is a bullshitter , and he knows his base will keep only voice their discontent quietly t if he throws some crumbs their way but makes it look like chunks.

Did Trump talk yet or when does that happen??

Its frankly retarded and unsupportable to say the need for a border wall is a myth when you consider the number of people who cross our border illegally.
Not when there are better solutions.....

PRetty self explanatory if you read it. The wall is a controversial idea. The article says he was "narrowly" reelected. He lives in an area with a high migrant population.

The fear over supporting the border wall is purely political. Politicians don't care if we need it or not, they care what effect it might have on their reelection.

You are aware the majority of illegal immigrants in this country come actual visas then never leave. That’s the myth, that the border wall is going to save the country. There isn’t a humanitarian crisis that the president has you people lapping up

On the Dreamer issue: If a French person moved to the US, overstayed their visa, and raised their kids illegally here -- they and their kids would be deported. Why's it different because they're Mexican? It seems arbitrary and racist to just make them citizens.

It isnt.

You are aware the majority of illegal immigrants in this country come actual visas then never leave. That’s the myth, that the border wall is going to save the country. There isn’t a humanitarian crisis that the president has you people lapping up
I don't care about percentages and minority/majority arguments. Illegal border crossings are real and cost this country billions. 1 million people per year coming over the border who refuse ,for whatever reason, to do so through proper channels.

Technically its not but it wouldn't garner any politicians any votes. There's no french sub population that will say anything about it.

BBSkr6H.img

Such as the strategy that was detailed in the congressional budget, passed unanimously through the house and senate, which allocated 42 billion towards the DHS, with 21 billion towards border security.

Trump is a bullshitter , and he knows his base will keep only voice their discontent quietly t if he throws some crumbs their way but makes it look like chunks.
Is your lower tax bracket compared to the Obama era BS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back