Economy The [Wall / Government Shutdown] Megathread

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well at the same time it not only permanently legalizes but gives a road to citizenship to people who many Republicans appear to view as illegals who should be deported stante pede.

That’s why I don’t get why dems aren’t jumping on a compromise like that since Trump may be the guy that his side would allow him to do it. Like this term is a special situation where I think Trump can propose a lot of left policies and his core supporters would go for it but dems aren’t biting on it. It really makes me think that they would never allow an amnesty bill to be passed by a republican president. If he really is willing to pass something like that, he should call dems bluff and make that clear as day for the next two years going up to 2020.

You think more drugs come over in backpacks than on airplanes?
What I've read suggests most of it comes by land, and a fair amount by sea. Planes are mostly used for getting coke from Colombia (at numbers far higher than even the Medellin/Cali Cartel days) to Mexico or Central America.

So Trump asserts a shutdown is necessary because we need to address the issue once and for all.

And his idea for a solution is partial wall funding for a 3 year extension on DACA? DACA which has already got another year on it, at least. So his idea is to put the issues on hold for three years, not address them once and for all.

Hmm I wonder what happens on 3 years? Trump doesn't have to worry about reelection. One way or another. This is him just trying to kick the cam down the lane so he can either not give a shit or it be someone else's issue.

So Trump asserts a shutdown is necessary because we need to address the issue once and for all.

And his idea for a solution is partial wall funding for a 3 year extension on DACA? DACA which has already got another year on it, at least. So his idea is to put the issues on hold for three years, not address them once and for all.

Hmm I wonder what happens on 3 years? Trump doesn't have to worry about reelection. One way or another. This is him just trying to kick the cam down the lane so he can either not give a shit or it be someone else's issue.

Yea, I think the idea lately is Trump really avoids discussing the total budget and details of the wall plan because he knew he had no leverage to get it done. Let’s him try to spin walking away with 1/12th of what he needs as an accomplishment.

This is what I don’t understand. I figure democrats would take that deal easily but I think there may be a disconnect with voters and those elected. Last year I was surprised Trump didn’t push that narrative more after the State of the Union

I would guess he didnt believe they would lose the house and was being lazy.

This shutdown is pissing me off so bad. I don’t comment on politics very often. But I have to on this one.

This shutdown is affecting almost a million families because they are not getting paid. They have no or less income that is affecting their ability to pay rent/mortgage, bills, buy food and other necessities.

Meanwhile, these asshole millionaires are still getting paid!!!

And while they should not be getting paid during the shutdown, it would have little impact on them because they are millionaires to begin with. They have all their money, plus what they get from lobbyists and their investments and everything else that puts them on a level so far above the rest of us. So, yes, I agree that they should not get paid, but it would not affect them.

Because of trumps ego, and the hatred towards him from creatures like pelosi, the Shutdown will go on for probably another month. And trump lives to get in the record books and is probably grabbing pussy over the thought of having the longest shutdown is history. Hell, I bet he will bait pelosi and be obstinate on purpose just to keep this going as a show of his stubbornness just so he can say he stood up to the dems and did not cave and will get his wall. Maybe he and some of his billionaire friends could pay for his fucking wall if they want it so bad. The millions of dollars that come in every single day from special interest groups could be used to build the wall instead of padding their slimy pockets. And no matter if they build this wall, if you build it, they will come-anyway. The immigrants will find a way around, over, under; or get on boats and get into the country that way. Plus, it will mean little without more border guards, more marine patrols, drone squads-whatever they need to stop people getting into the country.

And they absolutely do not care that they are potentially destroying families and neither side will cave, so this will go on for weeks. They really don’t seem to care that fed workers can’t pay their bills. So fucking what, these assholes are making gestures of giving their pay to their staff. So fucking what! That does nothing To help the real workers and families that are being hurt by this shit show.

Besides not getting paid, everyone of these assholes should be forced to be in chambers every single day until the shutdown is over. They should have to be at work every day, weekends as well, sitting in a room and working this out. That is the quickest way to end this.
There are too many giant egos and vendettas to get this solved. Trump won’t budge on the wall, neither will pelosi, who sees the wall as an affront to her voters and ideals so This will go on and on and on.

Take the money you want for the wall and beef up border or fund police departments to be able to offer better wages to be able to attract decent candidates for police work. You say you are pro police, pass something like Clinton’s omnibus crime act bill which added 200 k officers in 1996

Finally, while you are pissing around use your damn emergency powers to pass a law that pays fed workers.

Do that ! They deserve to be paid. Lock these clowns in a room until they solve these issues.

And will this affect our tax returns??’
To sum it up. No pay for all entire fed employees includes fed government. But I say pass emergency law to pay fed employees so they can feed families and pay bills. And finally make them work every day if the week until they solve this issue. You have senators going on vacations while people are working and not getting paid. And we should not have to pay fed income tax until this is over. Don’t be surprised if this goes to sixty days.

This shutdown is pissing me off so bad. I don’t comment on politics very often. But I have to on this one.

This shutdown is affecting almost a million families because they are not getting paid. They have no or less income that is affecting their ability to pay rent/mortgage, bills, buy food and other necessities.

Meanwhile, these asshole millionaires are still getting paid!!!

And while they should not be getting paid during the shutdown, it would have little impact on them because they are millionaires to begin with. They have all their money, plus what they get from lobbyists and their investments and everything else that puts them on a level so far above the rest of us. So, yes, I agree that they should not get paid, but it would not affect them.

Because of trumps ego, and the hatred towards him from creatures like pelosi, the Shutdown will go on for probably another month. And trump lives to get in the record books and is probably grabbing pussy over the thought of having the longest shutdown is history. Hell, I bet he will bait pelosi and be obstinate on purpose just to keep this going as a show of his stubbornness just so he can say he stood up to the dems and did not cave and will get his wall. Maybe he and some of his billionaire friends could pay for his fucking wall if they want it so bad. The millions of dollars that come in every single day from special interest groups could be used to build the wall instead of padding their slimy pockets. And no matter if they build this wall, if you build it, they will come-anyway. The immigrants will find a way around, over, under; or get on boats and get into the country that way. Plus, it will mean little without more border guards, more marine patrols, drone squads-whatever they need to stop people getting into the country.

And they absolutely do not care that they are potentially destroying families and neither side will cave, so this will go on for weeks. They really don’t seem to care that fed workers can’t pay their bills. So fucking what, these assholes are making gestures of giving their pay to their staff. So fucking what! That does nothing To help the real workers and families that are being hurt by this shit show.

Besides not getting paid, everyone of these assholes should be forced to be in chambers every single day until the shutdown is over. They should have to be at work every day, weekends as well, sitting in a room and working this out. That is the quickest way to end this.
There are too many giant egos and vendettas to get this solved. Trump won’t budge on the wall, neither will pelosi, who sees the wall as an affront to her voters and ideals so This will go on and on and on.

Take the money you want for the wall and beef up border or fund police departments to be able to offer better wages to be able to attract decent candidates for police work. You say you are pro police, pass something like Clinton’s omnibus crime act bill which added 200 k officers in 1996

Finally, while you are pissing around use your damn emergency powers to pass a law that pays fed workers.

Do that ! They deserve to be paid. Lock these clowns in a room until they solve these issues.

And will this affect our tax returns??’
To sum it up. No pay for all entire fed employees includes fed government. But I say pass emergency law to pay fed employees so they can feed families and pay bills. And finally make them work every day if the week until they solve this issue. You have senators going on vacations while people are working and not getting paid. And we should not have to pay fed income tax until this is over. Don’t be surprised if this goes to sixty days.

Oh dear, I almost feel bad.

Now imagine someone you love was killed by an illegal alien, and the same folks who ignore that, are complaining about their paycheck.

Reality check, this problem is bigger than you.

This is a perfect time to close up the tsa for good

"The president may have intended to refer to El Paso..."

More than likely.

Stop the fucking Presses!
Our President is human and is not "PERFECT" like Obama was. PFFT! {<diva}

I'm not asking him to be perfect - if he can just reach the level of competent I would be cool

Oh dear, I almost feel bad.

Now imagine someone you love was killed by an illegal alien, and the same folks who ignore that, are complaining about their paycheck.

Reality check, this problem is bigger than you.
Lol

Speaking of the shutdown :

Trump gains approval from Latino voters since government shutdown

Now everyone knows how I feel about Polls. <1>

But since @IGIT had been beating me over the head with "oh. You should focus on NPR. They are legit news" bullshit, I decided to put this up. <OKC16>

Are they STILL legit, IGIT? <{MingNope}>

hey there glenwo2,

from NPR;

While the longest government shutdown in U.S. history continues, President Trump's approval rating is down, and there are cracks showing with his base.

• Down significantly among suburban men, a net-positive approval rating of 51-to-39 percent to a net-negative of 42 percent approve, 48 percent disapprove. That's a net change of down 18 percentage points.
  • Down a net of 13 points among white evangelicals, from 73-to-17 percent approve to 66-to-23 percent approve.
  • Down a net of 10 points among Republicans, from 90-to-7 percent approve to 83-to-10 percent.
  • Down marginally among white men without a college degree, from 56-to-34 percent approve to 50-to-35 percent approve, a net change downward of 7 points.

non partisan and non-corporate owned media. just a bit of context, 'ol buddy!

- IGIT

Back