Economy The [Wall / Government Shutdown] Megathread

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
American citizens being killed by illegals is no emergency to you.
If you mom/sister/niece/gf got raped and cut up by some illegal, I bet you'd change your mind. I can't imagine what I would do if something like that happened- they'd have to call a national guard to stop me.

My sister shot herself on my parents front lawn. 5 times as many suicides each year as total murders, not from just illegals.

But not a national emergency. Just a shitty thing that happens.

My sister shot herself on my parents front lawn. 5 times as many suicides each year as total murders, not from just illegals.

But not a national emergency. Just a shitty thing that happens.

Like I explained to the genius above, it's not federal government's job to monitor mental health. At least that's not one of their core duties.

Their primary function is to provide common defense which ensures strong military, strong border and border patrol. If illegals come in and kill Americans, they are failing and it is a preventable crime. If enough Americans are getting killed and government/Congress isn't acting on it, there is no issue escalating it to national emergency.

Like I explained to genius above, it's not federal government's job to monitor mental health. At least that's not one of their core duties.

Their primary function is to provide common defense which ensures strong military, strong border and border patrol. If illegals come in and kill Americans, they are failing and it is a preventable crime. If enough Americans are getting killed and government/Congress isn't acting on it, there is no issue escalating it to national emergency.

Americans killed by mental health= fine and no need to change anything

Far fewer Americans killed by immigrant criminals= spend 100 billion dollars, seize people's land and suspend the constitution.

Americans killed by mental health= fine and no need to change anything

Far fewer Americans killed by immigrant criminals= spend 100 billion dollars, seize people's land and suspend the constitution.

How do you think Federal government can prevent mental health issues? You have big universities, clinics, and industry working on that full time. It's a pretty complex issue that's perpetuated by varying factors and conditions with no "one policy solution" by the Executive Branch.

And illegal comes into the country through Southern Border and kills a US citizen or a legal resident- the problem is pretty damn straight forward- Federal government isn't doing it's job of protecting citizens or legal residents from foreign trespassing. The solution, will be tougher border security and more ICE and local police cooperation. Of course, you have states that are doing the opposite of that, makes you wonder what their agenda really is.

Last edited:
Well, you can't keep Americans from Americans can you?
You're making a joke out of yourself pushing that line of argument.

Drug epidemic can absolutely be a national emergency, HOWEVER, there is an element of personal choice someone has to make to take a drug. The girl in Iowa or wherever didn't make a choice to get raped and then stabbed by an illegal from Central America. Federal government and her community failed her.

So a few immigrants kill some people equates to national emergency but tons of Americans killing Americans is fine <Lmaoo>

How many murders will the wall prevent?

Win-win with the national emergency in my opinion. This won't pass the courts, it's not a real emergency and bypassing Congress in this way is unconstitutional.

However if it does pass, I'll set precedent and the next president (Bernie) will have a nice tool to his disposal to use.

So a few immigrants kill some people equates to national emergency but tons of Americans killing Americans is fine <Lmaoo>

How many murders will the wall prevent?

You like to shoot off at the mouth without doing any research, I see.
Apparently illegals are committing thousands of homicides. It may be over a span of several years, but in one year, they apprehended over 2000 illegal homicide offenders. I'd say that's substantial.

According to the fiscal year 2018 ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations report, the criminal records of people arrested by ICE for being illegally in the country included 2,028 homicide offenses (387 charges and 1,641 convictions). According to the fiscal year 2017 report, the criminal record of people arrested included 1,886 homicide offenses.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook...about-63000-americans-being-killed-illegal-i/

However if it does pass, I'll set precedent and the next president (Bernie) will have a nice tool to his disposal to use.

Bernard cucked himself in the 2016 primaries. He's done.
There used to be many Trump supporters who were Bernie and vice versa. Now all that Bernie support is just communist far left.

You like to shoot off at the mouth without doing any research, I see.
Apparently illegals are committing thousands of homicides. It may be over a span of several years, but in one year, they apprehended over 2000 illegal homicide offenders. I'd say that's substantial.

According to the fiscal year 2018 ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations report, the criminal records of people arrested by ICE for being illegally in the country included 2,028 homicide offenses (387 charges and 1,641 convictions). According to the fiscal year 2017 report, the criminal record of people arrested included 1,886 homicide offenses.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook...about-63000-americans-being-killed-illegal-i/

How may of those immigrants crossed the border?

Given that you're a likely troll with few posts, I'm not longer interested in feeding you.

I’ve only asked you a question?

Surely you’d want to back your claims up rather than running away.

I’m not doubting what you say I just want to know the facts.

"In January, 47,893 people were apprehended between ports of entry on the Southwest Border, compared with 50,749 in the month of December and 51,857 in November. In FY18, a total of 396,579 individuals were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border."

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Those are people we're catching... Not even calculating the ones were missing.

And thats the lowest amount of people since 1972. Illegal crossing at the border is at historic lows.

https://www.cbp.gov/document/stats/...t-border-sector-apprehensions-fy-1960-fy-2017

How is something an emergency when it's at historic lows? Since 2006, the numbers have dropped to about a 1/3 of what they were in prior decades. A smart person would use funds to bolster the policies that have actually worked.

Last edited:
California owes a great deal to real estate-it has perfect weather(minus occasional forest fire) and pacific ocean. You've got mountains, beaches, forests, rivers, there. It's also the "Silicone Valley" capital. You come to middle of nowhere Kentucky, no shit nobody wants to live there. That doesn't take away from the fact that if you get flooded by illegals, it will eventually turn into a shithole.
So you agree with what I said.

You forgot to add Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia, and Michigan. All joining in the lawsuit.
He'll say 'fuck them all too', especially Hawaii. No wall for them.

I'm aware what the lawsuit is about. Blue states opposing a conservative act. You act like this was unexpected. With like 1 exception, you listed the states that were blue on the map post election.

Even Trump already said this was coming. He even expects to lose the initial challenges.
Do you not believe in or care about the Constitution? Do you not think it should be fought for?

The Congress controls spending. The Congress has earmarked those funds for those States. The POTUS has no Constitutional right to defund them and take the money for his own priorities.

Just on premise alone this needs to be challenged to the Supreme Court as just abdicating that new power to the POTUS is a change to the Constitutional powers. So even if you want the POTUS to have that power now and every POTUS going forward, you should want the Supreme Court to affirm that new power and perhaps support an amendment to the Constitution to define for later.

One of the biggest legal fuckups tRUmp made regarding his nat'l emergency:

He's pulling funding from drug/weapon detection at ports of entry - the largest source of illegal entries into the US for the wall.

<36>

If there's a national emergency, all data backs up you should fund ports of entry and he's pulling funding from it

Courts are going to strike him down. This shit will move through the courts. We'll hopefully see a resolution by the time primaries are done next year.

What is the job of the Federal Government?
There's your answer. It's #1 description and it says "PROVIDE FOR COMMON DEFENSE". If our government allows illegals to poor in and kill Americans on our soil, they are not performing their #1 duty.

When you have nationals of other countries killing Americans, it can always be an emergency.
Drug-use epidemic can be an emergency.
Well the new bill included billions of new money for border security, so the issue is just that not funding Trump's campaign slogan doesn't constitute an emergency.

Back