Economy The [Wall / Government Shutdown] Megathread

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The "valid explanation" is that our southern border is not the problem. Our problem is legal ports of entry and visa overstays. Combined with Americans willingly hiring illegals to begin with.

Any money on a physical barrier would be better spent addressing the actual problem points.

CZTSPc3.gif

Legal port of entrys??

You have 10,000 illegals entering in around the port of entrys..a week.

How is that not an issue?

You know that land is a vast majority private property, right? You want to pull the biggest government heist of citizens’ property in modern politics so we can address the thing that’s NOT the big issue with immigration? That sounds pretty stupid.
Fake outage

Fake outage

Fake outrage would be throwing a bitch fit over immigration and then having a melt down when folks won’t give you their land and money for something that doesn’t even address the actual biggest illegal immigration problems.

Does this mean we can abolish Congress. They no longer want to do their job and letting the President usurp their power.
What’s next when Kompromat Trump loses in 2020 does he declare a National Emergency and does not leave.
This is the biggest assault on the Constitution in my lifetime.
Does the make Trump a king now? When he dies does Ivanka assume the throne? I am looking forward to Baron Trumps reign in 2050.

They asked Stephen miller there was 4 times as many immigrants coming illegally through the border in 2000 than now but it wasn't a national emergency then so why is it now. he had no answer.

why not make it 300 miles thick too? that would make tunneling difficult. \

because its a stupid waste.

Like I said : "No valid explanation against it."

You have a good night, 7437.
Actually that is a great answer.

Its not the argument 'against it' that needs to be made. There is no argument against making it 300 miles thick or driving it a mile below the ground to ensure no one would tunnel under it. that is a true statement.

Does that mean its a prudent and good use of resources, time and money? No. that is the debate that needs to be had, not that simply there is no valid explanation against it.

No offense man but judging by your posts you've never spent significant time on the southwest border.

I challenge anyone to spend a month in one of the border towns and tell me theres not an issue.

It's the wild west down there.

No offense man but judging by your posts you've never spent significant time on the southwest border.

I challenge anyone to spend a month in one of the border towns and tell me theres not an issue.

Hasn't literally every single congressman who has a district on the border, regardless of party, completely disagreed with the entirety of what you are saying?

Actually that is a great answer.

Its not the argument 'against it' that needs to be made. There is no argument against making it 300 miles thick or driving it a mile below the ground to ensure no one would tunnel under it. that is a true statement.

Does that mean its a prudent and good use of resources, time and money? No. that is the debate that needs to be had, not that simply there is no valid explanation against it.

Agreed. I just find that basically saying "I don't care to give a detailed answer to this so I'll just say it's stupid, instead" is a bit annoying.

@Edison Carasio gave a solid explanation, though. The Visa issue is a big-time problem. It would be foolish to ignore that.

Why is this wild west atmosphere not reflected in the crime rates in places like for example El Paso?

LOL at California trying to sue Trump over the border wall. When the wall gets built they should stop at California so then all the Mexicans with their drugs and cartels and scum go right into California. They already are the leading sanctuary state for illegals. Give them what they ask for let them drown in them.

LOL at California trying to sue Trump over the border wall. When the wall gets built they should stop at California so then all the Mexicans with their drugs and cartels and scum go right into California. They already are the leading sanctuary state for illegals. Give them what they ask for let them drown in them.
California drowns whatever shit state you live in with money in all likelihood. California literally farms better than every po dunk red area or state you've ever been to. You owe California for you not living in a 3rd world shithole if you're from a red state.

You forgot to add Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia, and Michigan. All joining in the lawsuit.

Back