Economy The [Wall / Government Shutdown] Megathread

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You forgot to add Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia, and Michigan. All joining in the lawsuit.
As would be expected from the opposition, no matter the reason for the declaration.

As would be expected from the opposition, no matter the reason for the declaration.

No matter the reason? They're joining the lawsuit because there were millions of dollars appropriated to projects in their states that will be de-funded for the wall. I'd say that's a pretty specific reason.

No matter the reason? They're joining the lawsuit because there were millions of dollars appropriated to projects in their states that will be de-funded for the wall. I'd say that's a pretty specific reason.
I'm aware what the lawsuit is about. Blue states opposing a conservative act. You act like this was unexpected. With like 1 exception, you listed the states that were blue on the map post election.

Even Trump already said this was coming. He even expects to lose the initial challenges.

I'm aware what the lawsuit is about. Blue states opposing a conservative act. You act like this was unexpected. With like 1 exception, you listed the states that were blue on the map post election.

Even Trump already said this was coming. He even expects to lose the initial challenges.

His plan is literally taking millions of dollars from projects in these states to build wall on the border. That means jobs and money. Funny how he doesn't mention the people who will be hurt by his emergency declaration.

Well the reason being cited is that this emergency declaration is in violation of the Constitution.

Kinda big thing to gloss over.

Well the reason being cited is that this emergency declaration is in violation of the Constitution.

Clearly trump is more important than the constitution

serveimage

I know a cracking owl sanctuary, how about it?

LOL at California trying to sue Trump over the border wall. When the wall gets built they should stop at California so then all the Mexicans with their drugs and cartels and scum go right into California. They already are the leading sanctuary state for illegals. Give them what they ask for let them drown in them.

So you want a wall to stop the immigrants but also want them to come over and settle in America.

What’s stopping them leaving California once they get there?

Hasn't literally every single congressman who has a district on the border, regardless of party, completely disagreed with the entirety of what you are saying?

Why is this wild west atmosphere not reflected in the crime rates in places like for example El Paso?

Again, i can tell neither of you have been there.

I will admit that the cartel does an unbelievable job at keeping the crime especially the murders on the side of mexico- el paso/juarez being a great example.

For a while there juarez was the murder capital of the world but relatively quiet on the el paso side when it came to murders. And ill tell you why...

Because the cartel isnt stupid. They are first and foremost a business and their business is pushing drugs. If they start murdering on the u.s. side its bad for business and the border will lock up/tighten quite quickly. So they do a good job keeping the murders in Mexico.

But drug trafficking and illegals is a whole other story.

What you guys also fail to realize that this is also bigger than just illegals coming to the country at a rate of at least 10,000 a week. Most of these illegals have to pay to get to the country. We're talking thousands of dollars per person. These people are dirt poor and unable to pay the debt so instead they going into slavery to pay it off... More often than not its prostitution or other illegal activities.

It's terrible problem all around for these people and it's also a terrible problem for the u.s. as its flooding our streets with illicit activity. Not addressing this issue is only enabling the situation and i do sympathize with the illegals cause they are victims of this and there is no easy answer.... And i don't believe the wall is the end all be all. And realistically probably won't do a ton to solve the problem.

But what i am for is Trumps attitude towards the problem and the symbolism behind the whole wall. It is an issue that needs to be addressed. And Trump has my support 100%. It really is a humanitarian problem on the southern border with no easy answer. But to ignore it and say its Not a crisis/emergency is a willing ignorance on our end.

Take care my friends! And take my challenge- go see it for yourself! 1 month down there... Really emerge yourself with the culture.

Last edited:
LOL at California trying to sue Trump over the border wall. When the wall gets built they should stop at California so then all the Mexicans with their drugs and cartels and scum go right into California. They already are the leading sanctuary state for illegals. Give them what they ask for let them drown in them.

You must watch a lot of fox news propaganda by the post I've seen from you here. First with the wall, then with Venezuela. There's already 700 miles of wall along the border, so what you're saying about California is retarded.

The MAGA guys have a serious problem with admitting the stated reasons for a policy are not mere details.

California drowns whatever shit state you live in with money in all likelihood. California literally farms better than every po dunk red area or state you've ever been to. You owe California for you not living in a 3rd world shithole if you're from a red state.

California owes a great deal to real estate-it has perfect weather(minus occasional forest fire) and pacific ocean. You've got mountains, beaches, forests, rivers, there. It's also the "Silicone Valley" capital. You come to middle of nowhere Kentucky, no shit nobody wants to live there. That doesn't take away from the fact that if you get flooded by illegals, it will eventually turn into a shithole.

The MAGA guys have a serious problem with admitting the stated reasons for a policy are not mere details.

American citizens dying as a result of illegal immigration is sufficient as any "national emergency" reason.
What's that girl's name who was slaughtered somewhere out in the cornfield by a South/Central-American illegal? They looked for her for one month until they got him. Tragic death, and could have been prevented with better border security. Examples like these are numerous. If Americans are losing lives as a result of illegal immigration, it's an emergency.

Declaring a national emergency to build a wall is stealing taxpayer money for something a majority of Americans aren't in favor of.

American citizens dying as a result of illegal immigration is sufficient as any "national emergency" reason.
What's that girl's name who was slaughtered somewhere out in the cornfield by a South/Central-American illegal? They looked for her for one month until they got him. Tragic death, and could have been prevented with better border security. Examples like these are numerous. If Americans are losing lives as a result of illegal immigration, it's an emergency.

What about Americans losing there lives through other crimes?

Is that not an emergency?

<LikeReally5><[analyzed}>

What about Americans losing there lives through other crimes?

Is that not an emergency?

What is the job of the Federal Government?
There's your answer. It's #1 description and it says "PROVIDE FOR COMMON DEFENSE". If our government allows illegals to poor in and kill Americans on our soil, they are not performing their #1 duty.

When you have nationals of other countries killing Americans, it can always be an emergency.
Drug-use epidemic can be an emergency.

What is the job of the Federal Government?
There's your answer. It's #1 description and it says "PROVIDE FOR COMMON DEFENSE". If our government allows illegals to poor in and kill Americans on our soil, they are not performing their #1 duty.

When you have nationals of other countries killing Americans, it can always be an emergency.
Drug-use epidemic can be an emergency.

So where’s the national emergencies for the drug use and the Americans being killed by Americans?

American citizens being killed by illegals is no emergency to you.
If you mom/sister/niece/gf got raped and cut up by some illegal, I bet you'd change your mind. I can't imagine what I would do if something like that happened- they'd have to call a national guard to stop me.

So where’s the national emergencies for the drug use and the Americans being killed by Americans?

Well, you can't keep Americans from Americans can you?
You're making a joke out of yourself pushing that line of argument.

Drug epidemic can absolutely be a national emergency, HOWEVER, there is an element of personal choice someone has to make to take a drug. The girl in Iowa or wherever didn't make a choice to get raped and then stabbed by an illegal from Central America. Federal government and her community failed her.

Back