The UFC really is a financial rip off !

complains about fighter pay
complains about prices
Came in here to post this. Everyone bitches about how much fighters make, then everyone says to not buy the ppv and just stream them for free.

Forest Gump looks like Edison compared to some of these idiots.

this is a ridiculous statement. Why should anyone be only allowed to have 1 hobby as if other hobbies don't cost as well it so in it's sum it's more than 100 bucks you spent on hobbies. even if your hobby is just MMA what if you fot example train then it's another 100bucks each month down the shitter as well let alone if you also watch boxing on top of that.

Combat sports have also always appealed to poor people and not upper middle class with boxing maybe mroe than MMA but probably even with MMA and a ton of the talent comes from lower class or lower middle class families. Not only does this exclude many possibly MMA fans but it also excludes possible talent as most people start training after actually watching the sport they consider joining.

It is bad for the sport

So just because poor people can't afford something they should drop prices? That's bullshit. I work hard for my cash so I can spend money on the things I like.

I know people like you. Bitching how everything is so expensive and they can't have nice things. Guess what? If you worked 60, 70 or 80 hours a week like I do, you can have nice things too. Yet most people do 38 or 40 and then complain they can't have nice things.

This kind of fucking misplaced entitlement is exactly what is wrong with western society today. Everybody wants nice shit but nobody is willing to put in the work to get it.

I got fight pass for like 68 bucks for the year. I'm happy with that price

well you are the dumb ass paying 720 a year just to watch fox sports 1

besides that $1500 isn't that much. I easily spend that in a weekend one or twice a year when I go to a live UFC event.

$127 a month is 3 hours of work.

What's your profession? Just curious.

Very true. And that is why people will continue to stream it instead
FFS why do people keep telling me this? yes I know man, I stream almost every event except when I go out to watch the fights in a bar. TS is whining that the price is a financial rip off, it makes no sense. How can an exclusive product be a rip off? They'll charge whatever they want. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If there's enough 'you's in the world, maybe they'll set the price lower, hell, maybe they'll set the price even higher to compensate for the lack of buyers. It's their choice and never a rip off. You wanna watch a stream, that's fine, but that's also not their product. You're not stealing their shit and you're not getting it for free. You're getting a different, worse service that's constantly buggy. Also let's not lie to ourselves saying people wouldn't continue to stream it instead of buying it if it was cheaper. Some people will never pay for this and will prefer to stream it no matter how much the UFC lowers their price.

Don't pay for it then. Pretty simple.

I really like Jordan sneakers, but I don't want to pay $220 for Jordan sneakers, so guess what I do? I don't buy Jordan sneakers.

Do you stream them?

Came in here to post this. Everyone bitches about how much fighters make, then everyone says to not buy the ppv and just stream them for free.

You can complain about both and be right (i'm not part of complainers but i understand them) !

The UFC gives out to fighters 13-16 % of their revenue (you can look it up on google or even on sherdog forums) whereas in other major leagues it is closer to 50 %; so basically yeah if zuffa wasn't greedy they could lower their prices and upper the fighter pay.

Don't bitch about things you don't know nothing about (even if what you said could have seemed as common sense in the first place). Now who did you say looked how ?

So just because poor people can't afford something they should drop prices? That's bullshit. I work hard for my cash so I can spend money on the things I like.

I know people like you. Bitching how everything is so expensive and they can't have nice things. Guess what? If you worked 60, 70 or 80 hours a week like I do, you can have nice things too. Yet most people do 38 or 40 and then complain they can't have nice things.

This kind of fucking misplaced entitlement is exactly what is wrong with western society today. Everybody wants nice shit but nobody is willing to put in the work to get it.

You know shit about me so stop assuming. I have never complained about anything of that sort. If you like working 60-80 hours a week fine I wouldn't like it if you do good for you if you don't also fine.

I complain not because of the product because anyone with an internet connection will be able to watch it in the end. I complain because I like the sport and becaus eit is bad for the sport.
It's not a personal statement it's a statement made because i love the sport.

You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder because you are willing to work more I'm not like that and don't think work itself is rewarding in amount unless you enjoy the work itself and would do it even for little pay but if you do it for the money and it makes you happy good for you but stop assuming that's what every other person is supposed to see as fulfilling just like you should stop to assume like you know anything about me if literally all you know about me is my username on a forum.

ok man your thread title says it's a financial rip off. That's what upset me and that's why I originally posted what I posted. You can just stream whatever event you wanna see for free or download later too. Even if you couldn't do any of this, that's their product so it's their price. Buy it or don't buy it, you're not forced to. I really don't know if PPV is bad, good or indifferent to the sport but I know it's a big slice of Zuffa's income.

I didn't make the thread.

They bitch about fighters' salaries, they bitch about Rogan, they bitch about Reebok, they bitch about PPV's.......

GET A LIFE!

You know shit about me so stop assuming. I have never complained about anything of that sort. If you like working 60-80 hours a week fine I wouldn't like it if you do good for you if you don't also fine.

I complain not because of the product because anyone with an internet connection will be able to watch it in the end. I complain because I like the sport and becaus eit is bad for the sport.
It's not a personal statement it's a statement made because i love the sport.

You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder because you are willing to work more I'm not like that and don't think work itself is rewarding in amount unless you enjoy the work itself and would do it even for little pay but if you do it for the money and it makes you happy good for you but stop assuming that's what every other person is supposed to see as fulfilling just like you should stop to assume like you know anything about me if literally all you know about me is my username on a forum.

I didn't make the thread.

Nah, it's not like that at all. The hard work was never about becoming rich, which I am not. Money is and has always been a means to an end. I work hard so I can do the things I enjoy most.

Either you pay to watch the fights, or you don't pay and watch shitty streams. It's that easy.

It all comes down to how much something is worth to you and if you are willing to put in the effort to get it.

Besides, after that post I already know more about you than just your username. If punctuation is to much effort for you, picking up an extra shift or second job is probably out of the question.

Expectancy is the belief that one's effort (E) will result in attainment of desired performance (P) goals.

If I thought paying for cards would actually translate to higher fighter pay I would be motivated to do so.
However, I believe there is little to no chance that increased buys would lead to increased fighter pay, just more of this.
4DVcEqq.jpg

Nah, it's not like that at all. The hard work was never about becoming rich, which I am not. Money is and has always been a means to an end. I work hard so I can do the things I enjoy most.

Either you pay to watch the fights, or you don't pay and watch shitty streams. It's that easy.

It all comes down to how much something is worth to you and if you are willing to put in the effort to get it.

Besides, after that post I already know more about you than just your username. If punctuation is to much effort for you, picking up an extra shift or second job is probably out of the question.

I already said it isnt about me but about the sport so why are you playing keyboard Freud and keep talking shit?
if you don't see why this is bad for the sport (small hint: potential fans and casual fans don't watch shitty illegal internet streams) then I can't help you

Expectancy is the belief that one's effort (E) will result in attainment of desired performance (P) goals.

If I thought paying for cards would actually translate to higher fighter pay I would be motivated to do so.
However, I believe there is little to no chance that increased buys would lead to increased fighter pay, just more of this.
4DVcEqq.jpg
So what? A multi millionaire who busts his ass every day doing what he loves uses his money to give his kids a white christmas. If I had the money I would do that too. Unfortunately I do not have a large stake in a billion dollar company so I only make 65k a year. It you helped grow a company from bankruptcy to a multi billion dollar corporation, you deserve to be able to do shit like this.

Let me guess, the next insult is going to involve me being a shill rather than someone who believes hard work should be rewarded.

So what? A multi millionaire who busts his ass every day doing what he loves uses his money to give his kids a white christmas. If I had the money I would do that too. Unfortunately I do not have a large stake in a billion dollar company so I only make 65k a year. It you helped grow a company from bankruptcy to a multi billion dollar corporation, you deserve to be able to do shit like this.

Let me guess, the next insult is going to involve me being a shill rather than someone who believes hard work should be rewarded.

Did I insult you?
I never said Dana didn't deserve to make money. But I think the fighters deserve a larger split of revenues.
Still, I would not spend thousands of dollars so my kids can sled for 5 seconds, but its a mostly free country.

I already said it isnt about me but about the sport so why are you playing keyboard Freud and keep talking shit?
if you don't see why this is bad for the sport (small hint: potential fans and casual fans don't watch shitty illegal internet streams) then I can't help you

Why is it bad for the sport? The UFC is just like anything else.

If you don't want to ride in a shitty Honda, you get a job, save up and buy a Mercedes. If your ass get's itchy because of your generic dollar store underwear, you get a job, save up and buy a pair of silk boxers. If you get sick of eating instant noodles every day and getting chronic diarrhea, you get a job, save up and buy yourself some steak at a good butcher. If you don't like watching shitty streams because they go offline just when a Sexyama fight starts, you get a job, save up and order the fucking ppv.

If you like Hondas, itchy ass, chronic diarrhea and missing Sexyama fights that's fine, but don't go around complaining shit is to expensive.

If you don't want to ride in a shitty Honda, you get a job, save up and buy a Mercedes. If your ass get's itchy because of your generic dollar store underwear, you get a job, save up and buy pair of silk boxers. If you get sick of eating instant noodles every day and getting chronic diarrhea, you get a job, save up and buy yourself some steak at a good butcher. If you don't like watching shitty streams because they go offline just when a Sexyama fight starts you get a job, save up and order the fucking ppv.

If you like Hondas, itchy ass, chronic diarrhea and missing Sexyama fights that's fine, but don't go around complaining shit is to expensive.

Because someone who isn#t a fan won't pay fucking 70 dollars to watch a sport he never saw before (properly) not even casual sport fans who happen to watch MMA will spend 70 dollars. You get no new fans or very few new fans this way all the buyers are hardcore fans already.

Not only is this bad for the popularity for the sport but it also limits the amount of talent that comes into the sport. There is a reason the NFL, NBA, tennis and soccer aren't PPV

If you don't want to ride in a shitty Honda, you get a job, save up and buy a Mercedes. If your ass get's itchy because of your generic dollar store underwear, you get a job, save up and buy a pair of silk boxers. If you get sick of eating instant noodles every day and getting chronic diarrhea, you get a job, save up and buy yourself some steak at a good butcher. If you don't like watching shitty streams because they go offline just when a Sexyama fight starts, you get a job, save up and order the fucking ppv.

My Mercedes was in the shop more in the first two years than my Honda was in 250k miles.

But I will pass on the itchy bum.

I get about 300 channels for $60 that include Fox Sports 1. Who is paying $60 for just Fox Sports 1? By my calculations Fox Sports 1 costs about 20 cents.

To be fair I'm not a big cable guy, so I pay 60 bucks just to get FS1. The other channels I slightly care are on sling for 10 bucks a month.

Did I insult you?
I never said Dana didn't deserve to make money. But I think the fighters deserve a larger split of revenues.
Still, I would not spend thousands of dollars so my kids can sled for 5 seconds, but its a mostly free country.
You didn't isult me, was more of a knee jerk reaction to two posters quoting me with a similar response (granted the other was worse than yours but I read yours second). Apologies if it came off agressive.

And yes, holy shit!, someone apologized on Sherdog. :)

Back