The UFC really is a financial rip off !

Because someone who isn#t a fan won't pay fucking 70 dollars to watch a sport he never saw before (properly) not even casual sport fans who happen to watch MMA will spend 70 dollars. You get no new fans or very few new fans this way all the buyers are hardcore fans already.

Not only is this bad for the popularity for the sport but it also limits the amount of talent that comes into the sport. There is a reason the NFL, NBA, tennis and soccer aren't PPV

There's free fights on fox, plenty out there on youtube, there is Bellator free on Spike, there's TUF. All that's for new fans. The big fights go on ppv and even than you can watch live and for free (in inferior quality I admit) or donwload afterwards.

If you like what you see you can either pay or you don't. Nobody is forcing anybody to cough up 70 bucks for a ppv.

I think the point is that you have to "subscribe" to 3 different "products" in order to see all the fights on one card.

You didn't isult me, was more of a knee jerk reaction to two posters quoting me with a similar response (granted the other was worse than yours but I read yours second). Apologies if it came off agressive.

And yes, holy shit!, someone apologized on Sherdog. :)

I have apologized a couple times.
sometimes its hard to keep track of who is saying what, and sarcasm is not always easy to see

I can be overly snarky though, i admit that

My Mercedes was in the shop more in the first two years than my Honda was in 250k miles.

But I will pass on the itchy bum.

I used to drive a Honda Civic. I loved that car. Just an example.

I could live with itchy bum personally. No way could I go without Sexyama fights though.

I dont pay a dime. Just my fee for the interwebs

I would be willing to spend more money on some sort of "Get all PPV's for a single price" deal, rather than the few I actually buy per year. I watch all the fights though...

And I do pay for fight pass currently but I usually discontinue when I get bored or watch everything in the backlog that I wanted to watch.

I think the point is that you have to "subscribe" to 3 different "products" in order to see all the fights on one card.

If you buy a PPV they should throw in fight pass for a couple months free or something.

The PPV should include all the prelims in one place as well.

Fight pass: $96/yr

Avg of 13 PPVs a yr at $55 per = $715/yr

Fox Sports 1 available on cable deals around $60/month = $720/yr

This is not even including taxes.

That's an approximate total of $1,531 a year, $127/month.

This is utter bullshit. I love MMA, but the UFC is a big rip off. Given how many people watch illegal due to high costs, wouldn't the UFC be better off charging, say, $70/month, for everything - including Fight Night, PPVs, and the free FOX cards ?

If WWE can do it UFC should as well.

TS was just breaking down the approximate cost of watching legitimately but everyone has to be so fucking literal...or douchey.

It is a chunk of change to a lot of people and frankly I am less opposed to streams than I used to be.

Lol cry more. Fight pass is $10/month, and you can see fights at the bar. If you can't make that work, you need to get off Sherdog and get a job.

Fight pass: $96/yr

Avg of 13 PPVs a yr at $55 per = $715/yr

Fox Sports 1 available on cable deals around $60/month = $720/yr

This is not even including taxes.

That's an approximate total of $1,531 a year, $127/month.

This is utter bullshit. I love MMA, but the UFC is a big rip off. Given how many people watch illegal due to high costs, wouldn't the UFC be better off charging, say, $70/month, for everything - including Fight Night, PPVs, and the free FOX cards ?
Just stream bro.

Just dont buy all the cards. I work for the public school district here so I don't make a ton of money and have to be selective with what I purchase.
Right...

If you're still paying for cable, you're behind the times. If you're buying every PPV, then spend that money on a shrink to get over your agoraphobia.

hahaha - "analysis".

Right. TS is the 99Silva of shit threads and the white knights come out their cardboard box forts to defend him. Awesome. I guess if you make an anti-Zuffa thread, no matter how retarded, you'll garner a little support.

How do you not pay for cable and still get TV and internet?

They charge what the market can bare and it's pretty obvious that the market can bare it because they have been doing this for many many years.

theres on simple solution TS

kodi.

it's expensive but you don't have to pay for every event (my friend my say you don't have to pay for any events) and they do have plenty of content for free

it's not a cheap sport, but even the costs you broke down there are about the equivalent of holding a season ticket for a high level sports team... if you are passionate about it and enjoy it there's tonnes of content for you to enjoy

it does suck for you guys that live in countries where you have to pay for ppvs though

Lol cry more. Fight pass is $10/month, and you can see fights at the bar. If you can't make that work, you need to get off Sherdog and get a job.

LOL, fightpass is almost the price of a beer in england, why do people moan about paying a fiver a month.

you dont need cable to have internet.....as a matter of fact i dont have cable but i do have internet. an im watching fight pass on my tv on my firestick, loaded with kodi

Yeah but aren't you reassured by the really good pay the athletes risking brain damage get? And that's not even including sponsorship money!!!

Just joking, I meant to say shut up you goof.

Last edited:
Just dont buy all the cards. I work for the public school district here so I don't make a ton of money and have to be selective with what I purchase.

My computer is just plugged into my TV, so I usually just go to the channels website to watch something. Most places now are uploading their content online because they rather you watch it there with their ads instead of pirating it.

You can also use something like Roku.

PPVs I either watch out around the town or they sometimes sucker me into buying from ufc.tv when they e-mail me a coupon.

Back