The UFC really is a financial rip off !

Fight pass: $96/yr

Avg of 13 PPVs a yr at $55 per = $715/yr

Fox Sports 1 available on cable deals around $60/month = $720/yr

This is not even including taxes.

That's an approximate total of $1,531 a year, $127/month.

This is utter bullshit. I love MMA, but the UFC is a big rip off. Given how many people watch illegal due to high costs, wouldn't the UFC be better off charging, say, $70/month, for everything - including Fight Night, PPVs, and the free FOX cards ?
It's not a rip off if people still pay voluntarily.

The value of a product is determined by the price people are willing to pay. Isn't that economics 101?

You don't HAVE to buy PPV or even Fox to watch every UFC fight. Just get a fight pass. What's that? You want to watch fights LIVE? OK, but that's a luxury privilege that you need to pay for. Just like flying first class or having an 80 inch TV.

Don't pay for it then. Pretty simple.

I really like Jordan sneakers, but I don't want to pay $220 for Jordan sneakers, so guess what I do? I don't buy Jordan sneakers.
A smart person buys last years model, and finds ways to watch UFC for free. Pretty simple.
U mad bro?

Fight pass: $96/yr

Avg of 13 PPVs a yr at $55 per = $715/yr

Fox Sports 1 available on cable deals around $60/month = $720/yr

This is not even including taxes.

That's an approximate total of $1,531 a year, $127/month.

This is utter bullshit. I love MMA, but the UFC is a big rip off. Given how many people watch illegal due to high costs, wouldn't the UFC be better off charging, say, $70/month, for everything - including Fight Night, PPVs, and the free FOX cards ?

Your suggestion would make sense if a strong link could be shown between the current PPV price and the amount of people who stream. If you are willing to avoid paying $60, why wouldn't you avoid paying $20. It's like the old chestnut where a gentleman asks a lady at the cocktail party whether she would sleep with him for a million dollars. She says she would, and then he asks if she'd do it for five. When she expresses offense at the second offer, the gentleman responds that having established that she is a whore, he wase only haggling over the price.

Back