The UFC really is a financial rip off !

Right...

If you're still paying for cable, you're behind the times. If you're buying every PPV, then spend that money on a shrink to get over your agoraphobia.

A poor person generally has bad understanding of his/her discretionary spending, and does not have a good grasp on financial breakdowns. It sounds to me like you are actually the poor person.

TS is providing his breakdown and cost benefit analysis of the UFC packaging cost.

Have fun blowing all your money on frivolous things, and calling other people poor though.

hahaha - "analysis".

Right. TS is the 99Silva of shit threads and the white knights come out their cardboard box forts to defend him. Awesome. I guess if you make an anti-Zuffa thread, no matter how retarded, you'll garner a little support.

Fight pass: $96/yr

Avg of 13 PPVs a yr at $55 per = $715/yr

Fox Sports 1 available on cable deals around $60/month = $720/yr

This is not even including taxes.

That's an approximate total of $1,531 a year, $127/month.

This is utter bullshit. I love MMA, but the UFC is a big rip off. Given how many people watch illegal due to high costs, wouldn't the UFC be better off charging, say, $70/month, for everything - including Fight Night, PPVs, and the free FOX cards ?

Nobody buys a cable package purely for FS1 so your cost estimate of FS1 is pretty bullshit.

Also, if you want to head to a local bar or actually have some friends who like UFC then it's not $55 per PPV. You're looking at an absolute worst case scenario.

Additionally, if you make a decent income then it's not that expensive as far as hobbies go.

The best would be, all fights on fight pass for $10/month

Fight Pass covers a lot of MMA/Kickboxing now, i don't know how you could call it a rip off.

I'm actually surprised UFC is streaming smaller orgs now. It's good for the sport & i'm sure they're watching for future prospects.

i4q7eM.gif

I have not paid any ppv or have fox. You can watch all the fights on fightpass. I dont know why people shit on fight pass.

Luke Thomas has a snobbish view and tries to hard to use big words.

Anyways, you have to pick your spots in terms of which you buy, which you bar and which you stream.

Lol @ saying FS1 is $60 per month. You should be a politician.

Who the hell buys every PPV? considering most of them are dog crap outside of the main event, that's just stupid.

As far as cable is concerned, are you really paying for cable just to watch UFC on FS1? I doubt it, so you shouldn't even include that.

I live in Europe so cards are usually in the late night here anyway. I only have to wake up in the morning not spoil the results and watch it,bum life benefits i tell'ya they work

everything is for free via torrent just avoid the internet during the fights ..
Noob, everything is streamable right away on several different sites noob, before any torrent is uplaoded too.

If u dont wanna pirate anything, just but fight pass alone and watch it on their website live connecting to the tv with an HDMI cable.

Noob, everything is streamable right away on several different sites noob, before any torrent is uplaoded too.
Noob, different timezone noob, impossible to watch it live noob, ..

I'm finding the aggressive backlash a bit strange. All major sports (NFL, NBA, etc.) are easily accessible via basic cable access. In contrast, a PPV event costs $55 and the UFC holds 13/year. Let's say the average PPV runs about 3 hours. $55 for 3 hours of entertainment has to be the worst value proposition in all of sports at the moment, outside of live events obviously. Seriously, nobody here thinks that $55 for 3 hours isn't a bit much? I certainly do. I can't just fuck off to the bar for an entire Saturday evening. Sure, I used to be able to do that, but kids will get in the way of your me-time. Similarly, it's not realistic to get a group of guys together on Saturday evenings anymore, for the same reason as above. It is what it is, the UFC is the biggest MMA org right now and if you want to consistently see the best fights, you're going to have to buy their product and they're free to charge whatever they want. But considering how much money the UFC is estimated to pull in (and we know how relatively little most of the roster is paid), it feels a bit weird to me that everyone here is rushing to the defense of the UFC's pay model. Do you not feel like you're getting just a bit fucked? Like, not fully, just the tip, but it's happening.

Back