The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

& who remembers roided Bigfoot Silva vs Hunt!? I know they don’t (brain damage)

The Steroid Era

LOL.

Is this satire? The ERA is Now and always will be.

Nah. There were still some boring fights here and there. People are thinking the roids = violent fights but the better way to get those types of fights is either to make it a mismatch or matchup fighters who will scrap. WallnStall and Lay'n'Pray existed back then too, and people gassed out as well.
Like mark Coleman,dude looked like he-man in the beginning but absolutely no gas after a round

Also we got fighters like
Costa
Romero
DC
Stipe
Ngannou
Volkanovski
Aldo
McGregor (fuck him)
Gaethje
Poirier
Zabit
Usman
Moraes
Sandhagen
Lineker
Luque
Swanson
Jacare
KG
Izzy

All of these guys are spectacular to watch, have never failed a test and show high level skills

Don't let nostalgia ruin the present for you.

I like those guys, but half of them can't even make weight......which is another post-USADA bummer.

100% morals aside it was absolutely brilliant, the fact that the skill and game and improved alongside improved drug testing just made it more boring.
It's a shame that the best form offense has proved to be wrestling, it effectively killed off a sport that was once entertaining

Yes, TRT Vitor, GSP, JDS, Brock Lesnar ...
What a surprise to see you accusing St-Pierre of using steroids again, while simultaneously not mentioning Silva, or you know, the guy in your profile picture.

Quite telling, that you and your friends have resorted to throwing sh*t at Georges St-Pierre because all of you have realized that Anderson Silva and especially Jon Jones have tainted their careers forever.

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.
RIP Brazilians fighters

What a surprise to see you accusing St-Pierre of using steroids again, while simultaneously not mentioning Silva, or you know, the guy in your profile picture.

Quite telling, that you and your friends have resorted to throwing sh*t at Georges St-Pierre because all of you have realized that Anderson Silva and especially Jon Jones have tainted their careers forever.

GSP was the most explosive and athletic guy @ WW in the "steroid" era.

GSP was the most explosive and athletic guy @ WW in the "steroid" era.
Because he trains whenever he can and probably is genetically gifted as well, let's not act like his athleticism was something we've never seen before in a human.

I don't remember any other UFC fighter have a scientist analyze the frame rates of his opponents footage to determine how fast the opponents reaction time is either.
He was just dedicated like no one else.

...and contrary to both Silva and Jones he has never tested positive for anything.
<BC1>

I liked it better when they didn't have rules, rounds or weight classes and you could kick people on the ground also.

DapperWanAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Lmao, how naive some people can be.

Not interested in discussing anymore as you are clearly ignorant about the subject, sorry
If you think so...
<Fedor23>
I'd say i have to deal with less cognitive dissonance than you, man.

Lol. Imagine think Ubereem performed better than DC or Stipe. Or that Vitor performed better than Israel or the Natty Legend Costa.
Seriously. All the roids in the world wouldnt have made Ubereem champ. All you gotta do is give him a real good peck on the cheek and he goes down.

Absolutely the best time to be a fan. Before all the hipsters and liberals got into MMA and ruined everything

Pride was MMA's golden era

Back