The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

You mean like the pride era? GSPs reign? Yeah it was good

Do you not watch Romero, usman, costa? Jones was geared out of his mind in his last fight. Every fight, for that matter

All pro athletes take gear. The contemporary nfl & contemporary boxing wouldn’t even exist in their current forms without PEDs, they’re a part of sports. They just can’t abuse them in MMA anymore unfortunately

I am sorry, who is champ @ LHW? We are past the steroid era lol?

oqdQhaT.jpg

Fighters pushing the boundaries of what’s humanly possible during training and especially in the cage on fight night... I’m all in for it.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

What I’m not a fan of... the slanted playing field we have now, some fighters have the means and resources to come in chemically enhanced while others do not...
<{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}><{nope}>
The UFC under USADA, is the era of the have’s and have not’s, some fighters are still enhanced, while others are not, some even given a hall pass to do so, It’s all to maintain perceptions of a clean sport. it’s a joke...
{<jordan}<36><{MingNope}>

Jon Jones is literally juicing in plain site and USADA is fine with it. If there was ever a 'steroid era', its right now.

that's nothing compared to America watching Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire literally grow before their eyes as if they were going through a 2nd puberty, and then acting shocked as fuck like it was common for adult men to gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years. people don't want to see what they don't want to see, no matter how obvious it is.
9c276cad8f04064941dd6405096ac695.jpg
47c91d5c7464ef7c69419b4389cb9cfd.jpg

It was baseball however p4p one of the dullest sports on the planet.
Roided up they hit 70(ish) home runs from 162 games so it wasn't even 1 every other game.
I think the best part of that era was all the denials and how utterly ridiculous they were.

When was the steroid era anyway?
Barnett was getting popped in 2001 and 2002 so was this era before or after then? Is it the pre-USAD era?
Fights now are infinitely better than they were in the 1990's and early 2000's, no matter what the fighters looked like then, their skill and stamina levels sucked.

What are you talking about we are still in the steroid era lol

Steroids were still illegal then and many still got caught. Obviously Vitor 150000% abused his TRT exemption. No matter what USADA does,there will be still guys not getting caught or getting caught after using them 80% of the time,already. Things havent really changed all that much.

Before USADA, very few fighters got caught. When fighters know when the test will be, like it was pre-USADA, almost all of them know when to cycle off. With USADA random testing, fighters are getting caught much more often than before. It's not a perfect system by any means, but pre-USADA, very few fighters got caught.

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.

Yes

Less cancelled fights.

Vets could fight till they are mid 40s.

Strong star power.

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.

Something else that's important to remember is juice is VERY often used in ways that's nothing intended with regards to improved performance, it's often to do with recovery, and also recovery from injuries. Inc more minor injuries which may simply nag a fighter during a fight and hinder performance.

So now we likely see far more burnt out athletes, by the time they step into the cage.

Something else that's important to remember is juice is VERY often used in ways that's nothing intended with regards to improved performance, it's often to do with recovery, and also recovery from injuries. Inc more minor injuries which may simply nag a fighter during a fight and hinder performance.

So now we likely see far more burnt out athletes, by the time they step into the cage.

<mma4>

the UFC never gave a fuck about testing aside from not wanting their stars to get caught, the commissions did half hearted testing along the way after a certain point and then USADA came in....USADA enforces their "rules" subjectively and has no set path for offenders....so you could say we're still in a steroid era....

its always been the steroid era....

I was always a fan of MMA not UFC so if youre asking what the best time to be a MMA fan was...without a doubt during Pride's heyday...if you meant when was the best era for UFC probably the event 90-120 mark

the tapout, brocktober, affliction, silverstar, condomdepot era.... unfortunately that came in hand with the lnp era...

Jon Jones is literally juicing in plain site and USADA is fine with it. If there was ever a 'steroid era', its right now.
It's worse now from a level playing field stand point. At least when the UFC ignored steroids before everyone was equally on the juice.

It was absolutely the best time. I want to see science experiments like Vitor, Chael, Overeem. Those guys were roided out of their minds and put on some great battles.
Steroid vs Steroid fights like Lesnar & Overeem, JDS v Carwin, Vitor v Rockhold. Fantastic!

Back