The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

didnt ubereem pop and get a suspension before his first fight when he was meant to face JDS?

Looking back at old fights its insane how they looked, like half of them looked like Costa and no one thought twice.
I think it all the time. These dudes were fucking jacked. Like Nate marquardt against I believe chael sonnen I believe looked absolutely beefed up, and Chael was even bigger !

He's rich because the test he failed was actually proven to be tainted and he won the lawsuit.
Regardless none of the other guys have failed to my knowledge. Just showing evidence that the sport is full of amazing fighters right now
And the company declared bankruptcy and went out of business instead of paying Yoel. It was just politics, he did get caught. Elite PED users are usually ahead of the anti-doping agencies.

i doubt anderson would have 3 title defences if he was was clean.

USADA is on helluva party pooper.

And the company declared bankruptcy and went out of business instead of paying Yoel. It was just politics, he did get caught. Elite PED users are usually ahead of the anti-doping agencies.
Okay, my bad. One name that doesn't count but the other guys are action packed and clean (compared to post USADA at least)

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.

Now we still have the USADA era where only UFC favored fighters are still on steroids...

The ufc at the time probably had more percentage of their roster on roids the only difference is pride was open about it.

Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, vitor since the beginning, etc.

Except Pride 31 right?

Looking back at old fights its insane how they looked, like half of them looked like Costa and no one thought twice.

that's nothing compared to America watching Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire literally grow before their eyes as if they were going through a 2nd puberty, and then acting shocked as fuck like it was common for adult men to gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years. people don't want to see what they don't want to see, no matter how obvious it is.
9c276cad8f04064941dd6405096ac695.jpg
47c91d5c7464ef7c69419b4389cb9cfd.jpg

Silva was probably the cleanest champion of that era.
<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

thats cute, he probably thought all the other fighters how to juice!

anderson was most definitely a ped cheat then, and he still is now!

Fighters are still on creatine, broccoli and chicken with hard work they just need to hire better doctors now with USADA in play.

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.

Yes, absolutely. That's why PEDs should be legal and encouraged. Two men at the absolute peak of what's physically possible throwing down > Non-PED athletes fighting.

Watched Franklin vs. Tanner II the other day and couldn’t believe how jacked and sculpted they were. Twas a good scrap, but essentially it was two juice heads beating the shit out of eachother and one of them was more technical. Franklin bless.

Watched Franklin vs. Tanner II the other day and couldn’t believe how jacked and sculpted they were. Twas a good scrap, but essentially it was two juice heads beating the shit out of eachother and one of them was more technical. Franklin bless.
RIP tanner.

The guy who popped for deca? LOL.
Drostanolone and androstane.
Don’t forget some cheap synthetic testosterone and dieuretics that he used because he wanted to avoid catching gastelums fists.

Back