The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

Buddy, it was absolutely flabbergasting how many of these schmucks actually thought that was possible! The common line went something like, "I gained 50 pounds of muscle in a year by just tweaking my diet and hitting the weights so it's entirely possible..."

I used to lose my everloving mind on these people. Comparing their scrawny, pinner selves to a pro athlete who literally gained 35 pounds of lean muscle in just under a year while simultaneously improving his cardio and overall athletic performance. Never mind his S&C partner/coach was Holland's strongest man (100% roid monkey) and his jaw grew as fast as his biceps, all he really had to do was hit the weights and it all came together!

He was 227 pounds when he beat Buentello for the Strikeforce HW title in 2007, guys...
Lol alot of people take peds and dont change. Overeem has great genetics and responded well when he took them. Genetics have a big part as well

PEDs are still going on obviously but fighters can't take the massive wild west amounts they took in Pre-USADA and PRIDE.

Back then they could methodically juice as much as needed for optimal performance out of training camp, during training camp and in fight night. Now it's about what and how much can you take to consistently beat tests.

Fighter performance has dropped because performance enhancing drug use has dropped. It's really that simple. Back then it was carte blanque to juice as much as you could handle, now it's about juice moderately and be smart about it so that you don't get caught.

A lot of fighters then/now are making peanuts too, so it isn't like all of them are going to be on some BALCO/Lance Armstrong regime. If you can barely afford rent you aren't going to have access to teams of scientists. That's not saying that they are clean, but if you don't have money and want to beat the tests, you are going to end up taking a loss less shit.

we all miss pre usada ufc when everybody was 120% on the juice.

steroid era in mma:
iu

steroid free era:
iu

"Virtually identical, Joe!"

<Goldie11>

Didn't cro cop beat this guy up bad?

Man, Andre Roberts stopped Waterman! The H20 Man was a helluva specimen, but fighting was never really his thing. That keylock though...

Back