The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.
steroid era in mma:
iu

steroid free era:
iu

I like those guys, but half of them can't even make weight......which is another post-USADA bummer.
Romero and Jacare are the only ones I can recall who missed weight.

Not jacare but I meant Gastelum

The USADA era should have been the best for fair clean competition. Instead they made a two tier system where punishments for PED violations depends on how rich and famous you are.

At least the PED era was fair to everyone.

There are no steroids in MMA.

There are still steroids in MMA (UFC). You only have to look at the number of fighters who have been busted. And thats only a small percentage of those who are using.

The USADA era should have been the best for fair clean competition. Instead they made a two tier system where punishments for PED violations depends on how rich and famous you are.

At least the PED era was fair to everyone.

The logic of how rich you are also applies to the "PED era"

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.
Pride was the best. I remember staying up to watch many of those cards back in the day. All of those Samurai were juiced to the max. I miss the good old days.

that's nothing compared to America watching Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire literally grow before their eyes as if they were going through a 2nd puberty, and then acting shocked as fuck like it was common for adult men to gain 100lbs of muscle in a few years. people don't want to see what they don't want to see, no matter how obvious it is.
9c276cad8f04064941dd6405096ac695.jpg
47c91d5c7464ef7c69419b4389cb9cfd.jpg
Maybe Americans are oblivious to this kind of shit.

They even had a damn muscle shark back then

And a coked to the gills Chuck Liddell. Giving those crazy eyes, and just walking forward swinging. Fk I miss those days

Lol the steroid era is right now just ask Jon Picogram Jones.

Steroids were still illegal then and many still got caught. Obviously Vitor 150000% abused his TRT exemption. No matter what USADA does,there will be still guys not getting caught or getting caught after using them 80% of the time,already. Things havent really changed all that much.
PEDs are still going on obviously but fighters can't take the massive wild west amounts they took in Pre-USADA and PRIDE.

Back then they could methodically juice as much as needed for optimal performance out of training camp, during training camp and in fight night. Now it's about what and how much can you take to consistently beat tests.

Fighter performance has dropped because performance enhancing drug use has dropped. It's really that simple. Back then it was carte blanque to juice as much as you could handle, now it's about juice moderately and be smart about it so that you don't get caught.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back