The Road to Wing Chun applied in Combat Sports

Why would I study that and get back to you with what? I fought for 18 years, I'm not American I'm not sure what this is supposed to teach me lol.

Teach you that combat and fighting has different levels , types and forms and you cant judge every situation from your limited experiences of certain forms of ring fighting if you have that experience

Last edited:
Teach you that combat and fighting has different levels , types and forms and you can judge every situation from your limited experiences of certain forms of ring fighting if you have that experience

I did boxing and muay thai and competed for 18 years. not trained for 18 years, I started competing at 12. So I'd say I'm reasonably set for most situations.

Limited experiences in certain ring fighting already had delivered enough ppl in coffins exactly from da tech streets and without gloves of course.
-
Instead of stories about fights on the roofs etc.
-
Open hands techniques are widely taught in womans self defense courses too. :)
-
Regards to throat striking with open hand techniques, usually special forces more practise so called choke- strike type striking above throat with opened and algined hand, where neck is attacked with surface between index finger and thumb in order to debilitate for short time not to kill.
-
Or if it is possible to strike throat with hand- spear, then by 95% instead of this is possible to hit chin properly too. Fist, elbow.
--------------

I did boxing and muay thai and competed for 18 years. not trained for 18 years, I started competing at 12. So I'd say I'm reasonably set for most situations.

Yes I would say that you are. And your point is what exactly?
I would say just having done Judo for many years when I was young and having a decent natural right cross and good chin had me set for most situations against untrained guys also even before I did Wing Chun.

When you are young, you don't even need martial arts to defend yourself if you are fairly strong. But will it work in 20-30 years is also another question.

Limited experiences in certain ring fighting already had delivered enough ppl in coffins exactly from da tech streets and without gloves of course.
-
Instead of stories about fights on the roofs etc.
-
Open hands techniques are widely taught in womans self defense courses too. :)
-
Regards to throat striking with open hand techniques, usually special forces more practise so called choke- strike type striking above throat with opened and algined hand, where neck is attacked with surface between index finger and thumb in order to debilitate for short time not to kill.
-
Or if it is possible to strike throat with hand- spear, then by 95% instead of this is possible to hit chin properly too. Fist, elbow.
--------------

I don't need to watch videos from the 60's to show me what works.

Choose your main weapons, whether fist, palm,spear hand, and train them with power, speed and precision.

Angles also are different. To strike with a fist may not be possible from some positions. Maybe you could break your fist bare knuckles, there are many variables.

Maybe you want to give him a chance so you palm strike his nose only.
KO him maybe his head hits concrete and he dies, happened many times so going for KO is not safe. Body shot is better.

Or maybe he has a weapon so you can't rely on the punch maybe not KOing him but you have to make sure he is debilitated or injured from one strike so a spear hand is necessary.

Be prepared for different situations.

If one thing we have learned in MMA over the years is that yesterday's 'useless style or technique' is tomorrows latest addition or champions evolution.
I remember when MT was trashed even as useless against wrestling and Sambo.

When you add unkown variables outside our sport it is an even more unknown question. Who is qualified to talk about this? I did not say I was, maybe special forces but they use mainly weapons or knives at close range.

There is a tradition passed down from a time when this was used and we trust that tradition since it is not tested nowadays.
If someone softly hits your throat you feel it, so no need to prove anything for power strikes.

But for most ordinary situations I stick with the palm heels or maybe palm hooks.

More defensive looking, and can switch from control to striking easily and control of force and damage is easier.

If MMA was bare knuckle I think palm strikes would be much more popular than closed fist punches.

I think that WC can be a valuable addition to boxing, especially the bare knuckle variation, and the Muay Thai clinch, and the greco clinch.

With Muay Thai clinch I mean the real MT clinch that you see in stadiums by the likes of Petchbonchu, Muang Thai and older legends like Yodkhunpon, Samson Issan, Lamnamnoon, etc, which is all about trapping arms, controling elbows, pushing the face away, and entry (!!!).

That being said, wing chun should be just an addition, because while some tools are valuable, like learning how to generate power and acceleration with hardly any weight transfer or hip rotation and trapping arms, it also teaches a lot off TMA-style trash like ridiculous stances, leaning back, poor control of one's equilibrium, as well as a fuck load of impractical stuff.

So yeah why not, but let's remain very skeptical of an overall inferior art.

Yes I would say that you are. And your point is what exactly?
I would say just having done Judo for many years when I was young and having a decent natural right cross and good chin had me set for most situations against untrained guys also even before I did Wing Chun.

When you are young, you don't even need martial arts to defend yourself if you are fairly strong. But will it work in 20-30 years is also another question.

I don't need to watch videos from the 60's to show me what works.

Choose your main weapons, whether fist, palm,spear hand, and train them with power, speed and precision.

Angles also are different. To strike with a fist may not be possible from some positions. Maybe you could break your fist bare knuckles, there are many variables.

Maybe you want to give him a chance so you palm strike his nose only.
KO him maybe his head hits concrete and he dies, happened many times so going for KO is not safe. Body shot is better.

Or maybe he has a weapon so you can't rely on the punch maybe not KOing him but you have to make sure he is debilitated or injured from one strike so a spear hand is necessary.

Be prepared for different situations.

If one thing we have learned in MMA over the years is that yesterday's 'useless style or technique' is tomorrows latest addition or champions evolution.
I remember when MT was trashed even as useless against wrestling and Sambo.

When you add unkown variables outside our sport it is an even more unknown question. Who is qualified to talk about this? I did not say I was, maybe special forces but they use mainly weapons or knives at close range.

There is a tradition passed down from a time when this was used and we trust that tradition since it is not tested nowadays.
If someone softly hits your throat you feel it, so no need to prove anything for power strikes.

But for most ordinary situations I stick with the palm heels or maybe palm hooks.

More defensive looking, and can switch from control to striking easily and control of force and damage is easier.

If MMA was bare knuckle I think palm strikes would be much more popular than closed fist punches.

No, MT was never, ever seen as useless against wrestling and sambo in an MMA context.
Also, if you are talking about MMA with trained fighters and small gloves, I think that wing chun punches rarely generate the right angle, distance, acceleration and power to KO an apanyent. Yes absolutely it can be extremely effective against some asshole who gets too close as a good short punch to the plexus / nose will certainly calm him down, but while it certainly hurt a trained fighter it will rarely KO him.

WC operates at a combination of range and angles that will very rarely be match defining against a trained figher using gloves (even if small gloves).

and the greco clinch.
Clinch training with seasoned grapplers might be a part from a pro boxer's training, yeah. ;)
I don't know might silver or bronze in world championsihps or Oly considered as enough high skils to drill a clinch with the boxer?
-

No, MT was never, ever seen as useless against wrestling and sambo in an MMA context.
Yes, I agree, but this is until an opponent had established the grip.
full MT rules still are considerably more less leninent to grappling skills usage and especially if talks are about combat sambo or combat sambo for service applications or even sport sambo too. Or the same judo, esp if koshen rules allowed.
---

There I think thai in a boxe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pichit_Sitbangprachan
-
Diff question that MT is their heritage and well known longer than sport boxe in thailand + MT is offspring from TMAs.........
without gloves ofc his punches might had more effect than with pro boxing rules and in the ring.

To become a real death master in gung-fu, you need at least 25 years of paying the chec... I mean, participating in training sessions. Go back to your training, noob!

cakeface_karate.png

To become a real death master in gung-fu, you need at least 25 years of paying the chec... I mean, participating in training sessions. Go back to your training, noob!

cakeface_karate.png

No, Wing Chun only does the practical dangerous strikes which are disallowed in combat sports.

Russian Spetznaz masters have reached the 'highest level' of the psychic energy...;)

Btw I think some parts of this style which is partly based upon Chinese martial arts is legit.
But they also include much BS as well like below.
Luckily we do not leave reality like they do...

Last edited:
No, Wing Chun only does the practical dangerous strikes which are disallowed in combat sports.

Russian Spetznaz masters have reached the 'highest level' of the psychic energy...;)

Btw I think some parts of this style which is partly based upon Chinese martial arts is legit.
But they also include much BS as well like below.
Luckily we do not leave reality like they do...

As a Russian I'mma say this, if you think those guys are real Spetsnaz you really do believe everything you see online.

As a Russian I'mma say this, if you think those guys are real Spetsnaz you really do believe everything you see online.

They are cooler than spetznaz GRU, bruh, these fellas are real deal. Just take a look at their serious faces and world-class T-shirts.

They are cooler than spetznaz GRU, bruh, these fellas are real deal. Just take a look at their serious faces and world-class T-shirts.
Well, real systema is good because they take most of their principles from the core of wing chun and Judo

Typical commies... can't invent anything on their own, only take from others

Michael Jai White said to Scott Adkins that kung fu does not work in a fight, but that some coodination skills you learn can be useful for other systems.

OKey, there some exapmples how it might look.

2:00 worth to start watch.

:)Really? You are a kung fu master if you are accomplished architector or doctror too.
--

Back