The return of the King! Louis CK performs!

Fucking stupid. Is he just supposed to starve himself to death now? He's been in the same career for decades, he'll never regain the power he did have and his reputation is stained. What more is supposed to happen here? Fuck no I don't support his actions, but I'd like to see him contribute to society instead of have a death sentence.

Well I don’t think he’s in danger of starving lol

The people who came out against him need to set some clear boundaries imo. What do they want for recompense? They could file criminal charges, sue for money, or demand he doesn’t preform anymore. They could ask him to kill himself. I don’t know.

I think if they want him gone forever they have to press charges. Otherwise he will be coming back because he has an audience and loved his job.

Guy got carried on his own show by Jim Norton and Pam Adlon.

His stand up is basically someone detailing what it's like to be a mediocre white guy.

Glad he didn't let these retards dictate what to do with his red haired life.

Not just that apparently he's done a few times some have said yes thinking he was joking. The one that really got me was when he did it at a hotel and was in front of the door so they couldn't just leave.

He never blocked the door. The 2 girls never even claimed that he did.

That's just some detail that people added to the story after the fact.

Also, in regards to being powerful. You have to remember that these incidents happened years ago. He was just still on his way to being successful but nowhere near his peak. He did not have the power that people think he had at the time.

That's just some detail that people added to the story after the fact.
Yeah, but in his apology he claimed he didn't realize masturbating in front of clothed women was indecent. Like he had no idea that was WAY over the line.

Masturbation perforated his comedy with frequency, and for about two years prior he saw the writing on the wall and kept telling the audience his luck would run out sooner or later. We thought he just had a firm hold on reality, but reality was he just had a firm hold on himself. And it's jokes like that, not the stigma itself, that'll make his subsequent career a little tougher. He can either keep embracing the Masturbator stand-up or let it go, but people will still attribute it to him anyway. There's little chance he'll get to carry on his Father roles without people raising a stink.

Well I don’t think he’s in danger of starving lol

The people who came out against him need to set some clear boundaries imo. What do they want for recompense? They could file criminal charges, sue for money, or demand he doesn’t preform anymore. They could ask him to kill himself. I don’t know.

I think if they want him gone forever they have to press charges. Otherwise he will be coming back because he has an audience and loved his job.
Like you pointed at, there were no clear boundaries on how people were supposed to respond. Without going to the police, it's just up to society to shame and punish him. But how do you control that? Where does it stop? Does that last forever, making the person irredeemable? Can a person not change? Who decided the moral standards and proper punishments? We have a court of law for a reason. I would rather have seen him do time than to have him be shamed out of his profession for life. How many comedians have done something fucked up or illegal? It's those kind of unique perspectives that make comedy great.

Yeah, but in his apology he claimed he didn't realize masturbating in front of clothed women was indecent. Like he had no idea that was WAY over the line.

Masturbation perforated his comedy with frequency, and for about two years prior he saw the writing on the wall and kept telling the audience his luck would run out sooner or later. We thought he just had a firm hold on reality, but reality was he just had a firm hold on himself. And it's jokes like that, not the stigma itself, that'll make his subsequent career a little tougher. He can either keep embracing the Masturbator stand-up or let it go, but people will still attribute it to him anyway. There's little chance he'll get to carry on his Father roles without people raising a stink.

*masterbating in front of women who gave him consent

With many of us not having any other context of what was going on in the room/rooms prior to him whipping it out.

We don’t know if they were egging him on (maybe still thinking it was a joke, but now he’s getting mixed signals). They may have been acting provocative or suggestive in these situations that lead to him thinking ‘this isn’t out of line in accordance to where the mood is..’ and so on.

I just find it hard to believe that they were all just casually sitting around discussing politics or movies and he just decides to ask if he can jerk off in front of them out of no where. This doesn’t seem like some random impulse based off of what ive read/heard about it. If it is, then yeah, it’s really deviant behavior.

Seems like a creepy douche, but it’s not anywhere near ‘banish him from society forever’ status.

I just find it hard to believe that they were all just casually sitting around discussing politics or movies and he just decides to ask if he can jerk off in front of them out of no where. This doesn’t seem like some random impulse based off of what over read/heard about it.
There is no greenlight for "Can I masturbate in front of you?" That's like asking a girl if they're really a woman, or why are you mad this time? One simply does not ask, Boromir. Like, check the temperature, Louie? Feel the room type of deal? Nah. Not when you look like this.

Wrong is why he did it.

He was getting back at his wife.

There is no greenlight for "Can I masturbate in front of you?" That's like asking a girl if they're really a woman, or why are you mad this time? One simply does not ask, Boromir. Like, check the temperature, Louie? Feel the room type of deal? Nah. Not when you look like this.

Wrong is why he did it.

He was getting back at his wife.

There’s more to these stories than we have access to imo. Context matters bud

What do you think the criminal charge could have been?
you can be charged with several sex offenses for jacking off in front of women. you can actually be a sex offender just for peeing in public in some cities.

I would love to hear that con -- what the hell am I saying?

Well let me ask you this 3G, do you honestly think he all the sudden with zero context just stood up and asked ‘may I now jerk off in front of you ladies’

Or..

..do you think there may have been some behavior going on in the room on both sides that lead up to the question?

Logic and reason suggests the latter to me personally.

you can be charged with several sex offenses for jacking off in front of women. you can actually be a sex offender just for peeing in public in some cities.
Not if you ask first and its consensual. Being a perv is not illegal. Just ask @Zer .

multiple counts of indecent exposure at the very least. I need to brush up on some Law and Order: SVU to clarify that, but if you or I invited colleagues over to discuss work opportunities and then jerked off in front of them we'd be in handcuffs.

Indecedent exposure only applies to public places. You cannot be charged with exposing yourself to another person within the confines of your own home.

Once again, this wasn’t out in public. Nothing CK did meets a criminal threshold.

Indecedent exposure only applies to public places. You cannot be charged with exposing yourself to another person within the confines of your own home.

Once again, this wasn’t out in public. Nothing CK did meets a criminal threshold.
lol I'm going to start inviting women to private places and jacking off in front of them it is ok now in society.

lol I'm going to start in inviting women to private places and jack off in front of them.

Go ahead. Might seriously fuck up your reputation, but you won’t get prosecuted for it. Unless they’re minors. That’s a separate criminal offence that I don’t think really matters if it’s in public or not.

Go ahead. Might seriously fuck up your reputation, but you won’t get prosecuted for it. Unless they’re minors. That’s a separate criminal offence that I don’t think really matters if it’s in public or not.
Harvey Weinstein basically did the same thing to lauren sivan that Louis Ck allegedly did to these women.

I heard there's a restraining order against him.

He now can't be within 500 feet of a potted plant.

Harvey Weinstein basically did the same thing to lauren sivan that Louis Ck allegedly did to these women.

And? Weinstein hasn’t been charged with what he did to her. Almost 80 women made accusations against him, and he’s being charged for what he did to two of them, neither of which is her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lessconaga
Back