The return of the King! Louis CK performs!

he's an undeniably talented standup comic. He sets up his jokes well and has great rapport with the audience. Pity he can't keep his dick in his pants.
i've seen a few mins of one of his standup shows (can't recall which one), didn't laugh much, and i found other comics funnier than him.

Seinfeld should form a group of super comics, Dave Chappelle, Louis CK, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, etc.

His first 3-4 specials were comedic gold. His last couple were pretty meh.

He told them what he was going to do and asked if they minded, if they stayed that's consent.

Bit of a stretch to say the Louis CK held the fates of their careers in his hands. He's a stand-up comedian and produces his own small projects with small casts. He's not a Harvey Weinstein character birthing careers from atop his mountain of influence, distribution, respect and wealth. Harvey could make or break your career because his company was massive and produced big budget movies nonstop.
Louis never had anything close to that kind of power, he was just a popular comedian.
I concede the edge of consent is blurred here, and that's why he didnt receive the same vitriol as Weinstein. But you underestimate CK's outsized power in the indie comedy industry. He had massive sway and production influence across various platforms. What Weinstein was to A-list starlets, Louis CK was to up and coming comedians.

i've seen a few mins of one of his standup shows (can't recall which one), didn't laugh much, and i found other comics funnier than him.
He has a decent stand up.
Jay Mohr making fun of Louis Ck and Ricky Gervais on Opie and Anthony was great.
His impression of their bullshit was spot on.

well even if you think it's acceptable for a grown man to jerk off in front of nonconsenting women there is also the matter of abusing his influence in the industry- one that could decide the fate of the careers of these unwilling observers. He should be grateful that his only punishment was ostracization from the public rather than a criminal sentence.

I didn’t read more than 1 or 2 articles on it but from what I gather he was partying with a couple people and asked if he could jerk off in front of them and they said ‘sure’ -so he did.

I dunno, it’s some weird shit to do.. but I don’t think what he did was all that big of a deal.

I'm a huge fan of his work, so I'm glad to see him work again and take a step forward. It really sucked to hear what he did, it wasn't monstrous but it was certainly fucked up and made me lose a ton of respect for him. That said, it doesn't mean he shouldn't have a career, he still is a brilliant mind and great at his craft. I really hope he's overcome his demons.

Agreed. I thought what he did was fucked up but not exactly a monster or anything. He's been punished and will be punished for the rest of his life over this. The guy has daughters so I'm sure just facing them has been hard.

I didn’t read more than 1 or 2 articles on it but from what I gather he was partying with a couple people and asked if he could jerk off in front of them and they said ‘sure’ -so he did.

I dunno, it’s some weird shit to do.. but I don’t think what he did was all that big of a deal.

Not just that apparently he's done a few times some have said yes thinking he was joking. The one that really got me was when he did it at a hotel and was in front of the door so they couldn't just leave.

Not a big fan of his. He's very clever but his stand up doesn't make me laugh much. That said, he should be allowed back. There was some serious overreaction to what he did.

multiple counts of indecent exposure at the very least. I need to brush up on some Law and Order: SVU to clarify that, but if you or I invited colleagues over to discuss work opportunities and then jerked off in front of them we'd be in handcuffs.
I think it would be a stretch if indeed, as reported, he always asked for consent first.

You could argue due to the imbalance work power dynamic that he put people in awkward situations but I don't think that is criminal.

When younger I had a few hot female superiors who, if they asked if they could masturbate in front of me, they would have absolutely have got my consent.

I think it would be a stretch if indeed, as reported, he always asked for consent first.

You could argue due to the imbalance work power dynamic that he put people in awkward situations but I don't think that is criminal.

When younger I had a few hot female superiors who, if they asked if they could masturbate in front of me, they would have absolutely have got my consent.
That wouldn't have worked with me. I wouldve pounced.
If her pants come off, that "consensual" shits out the window

Agreed. I thought what he did was fucked up but not exactly a monster or anything. He's been punished and will be punished for the rest of his life over this. The guy has daughters so I'm sure just facing them has been hard.
There's a joke somewhere in there but I don't want to get James Gunn'd.

from what I've read, that question was so shocking that they thought it was a joke so replied jokingly in the affirmitive- and then sat there in shock as this madman actually did it.

from what I've read, that question was so shocking that they thought it was a joke so replied jokingly in the affirmitive- and then sat there in shock as this madman actually did it.
Sure I can see that mistake being made. But that is still a mistake and it is made by the other person.

People are allowed to have weird fetishes and if they seek consent and you say yes thinking they are joking you cannot really try to hold them accountable after saying 'but I did not think he would go through with it'. If we say that is the standard then there is no way for a person with a fetish to truly get consent.

Fuck the haters and their fake outrage...

Get a fucking life already

I used to love his comedy but I've found it difficult to hear his constant masturbation jokes since.

Kind of less funny when the truth turns out to be worse than the jokes hinted at.

Didn't he make several attempts to kill the story over several years?

Return of the king?

More like return of the steaming pile of shit. CK is a scumbag. And he isn’t funny at all.

It's hilarious how much feminists hate the idea of Capitalism and the Free Market. They want him banned for life even though he'll make millions if permitted to do stand up again. The idea of feminism, and the left in general, is thought control and controlling how people behave.

Back