The reason Miesha Tate lost her title shot?

Or that Dana is a pathological liar and a sleazeball whose word is worth less than nothing.

Everyone who has watched the UFC for a significant amount of time understands that Dana White is a sleazy guy. Except for Miesha Tate, apparently.

It seems like the public outcry was largely negative. I can see why the UFC would change positions because I would assume they want to get the most viewers as possible. In order to do that, you have to put on fights fans wanna see......

exactly, just like wrestlemania this year

There are no competitive fights for Ronda at 135, unless Cyborg develops the ability to cut to 135. Throwing a new challenger in there is at least more interesting than treading trodden trails.

bet they rush Amanda Nunes too just to keep Ronda's fights interesting, and try and develop Pena as much as possible before she fights. i see Ronda's next fights going Holm, Tate, Nunes, Pena. unless they squeeze in an Alexis Davis rematch or Cat depending on how they do. no Cyborg at all.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

Couldn't agree more

Nobody would complain if Dana didn't said that Miesha was getting the next shot or if Holm would have blown Reneau or Pennington out of the water.

Have you even seen the Holm vs Reneau fight? Reneau was completely blown out of the water and dominated for all 3 rounds. It was some of the most impressive stand up I've seen in the women's division so far.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

How true.

maybe dana has zuffa guys in Sherdog reading what the people do or don't want

This fuckin' place....

Please don't lump all of us good posters in with the chaff and bullshit please.

I still think she should have had it. I think it is bullshit she is saying because of the cancelled fight now her sponsors will not pay her and she lost the title fight.

Yeah that sucks being hit hard not once, not twice but three fuckin' times in the same day.

Losing the title shot to Holm/UFC bullshit.

Losing the Sponsorship money involved.

Morons calling her out on Twitter telling her she is no good. Guess who that moron was.

So yeah Miesha is having a pretty shitty weekend.

Her shorts aren't see through enough & she doesn't do that
"Keeeyaaaah" tennis player crap enough when she punches.
&The execs are probably sick of caraway's cockblocking bullshit.

Honestly, I am too.

LMAO. It would definitely help her case with Zuffa if she did the things you suggest.

It is when she was finished by Ronda twice, and people don't want to see fight # 3.
You sure about that? Tate is the only other fighter in the division people have heard of.

This fuckin' place....

Yep.

Even if the new challenger has 0 top 10 wins and hasn't looked good in any of her fights in the UFC? If Ronda Rowdy is such a superstar then people will buy her PPV even if she's fighting Miesha again. At least with Miesha getting the title shot they keep some semblance of being a sport with meaningful ranking system and working your way to a title shot by facing other "top" fighters in your division.

I know... someone getting a title shot by doing well prior to joining the company is B.S. I was so pissed when Anderson Silva got a title short for beating Leben... come on... dude wasn't even sniffing top ten... Also, come one Jon Jones only beat hammill and Bader to get his shot.... such garbage... Anjos fought an old washed up Nate Diaz who hadn't done well in a while for his shot... It pisses me off.. AND NOW Conor got a title shot for beating Siver, Max, Porier and Brandao... Everyone know none of those guys have or ever will be top ten or contenders... PLUS they put him against Chad Mendes who is straight up the worst wrestler in the division on short notice..

Moving on... Shogun got a title short after losing to Griffin and beating an old washed up Chuck... Machida got his shot for beating Thiago... who sucks... Brock for beating herring.... Cain for beating old ass Nog, Aldo got his ufc title for being the best in the minor leagues, Cruz the same and then defended against Jorgensen... Barao got his title for beating a non champ... and TJ got his shot after losing to multiple people and one win over a guy who went 0-4 in his last 4 in the ufc...

noone deserves a shot ever because everyone they beat sucks...

The UFC should be shut down because even the champions suck and don't deserve to be champions.

No one should really be that shocked. This forum was filled with threads trashing a third fight with Tate, and since it has also recently been discussed that Dana reads the MMA forums, where is the surprise hear?

In the last day or so several old "Holly is the one" threads have been bumped, so old wishes are now a reality. If Meisha's last win had been more impressive and included a spectacular finish, we prolly would not be having this discussion.

Miesha has been screwed over by Zuffa - on sponsors and now a promised bout being canned.

This fuckin' place....

Yes because sherdog operates on 100% consensus on all issues at all times. One big collective hive, without deviations of opinion.

Or it could be that she's lost twice already..
Most would rather see a new challenger

I wouldn't. At least with Miesha, there's a good chance the fight lasts longer than 60 seconds. Holly Holm's going to get tossed on her ass and either submitted or have her face pounded till the ref calls it, and it's going to happen quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back