The reason Miesha Tate lost her title shot?

because a tate fight would maybe go into round 2. with the publicity ronda is getting now, they need opponents she can finish in under a minute

Top 3 Reasons

3. Much easier sell on the mainstream RR fans (champion vs champion)
2. HH will give Ronda the fight of her life, piling up the RR bandwagon (you guys are forgetting about Jackson's point-fighting system)
1. Miesha would fight Cyborg on same card to prove a point (with the right compensation of course)

Bypassing your #1 contender for a #9 ranked fighter just reeks of WWE booking.

Tate did not had two cracks at the title. Stop with that bull already. She had only one in the second fight. In the first fight Honda was the challenger.

The point is that she was finished twice by Ronda.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

It is bullshit when someone gets promised a fight and then they get screwed over. If they wanted to make the Holm fight they should have offered it to her from the beginning.

It is bullshit when someone gets promised a fight and then they get screwed over. If they wanted to make the Holm fight they should have offered it to her from the beginning.

Maybe the lesson here is that fight offers aren't official until the contracts are signed.

saying the number 2 ranked fighter in that division gets the next title shot = acting rashly

It is when she was finished by Ronda twice, and people don't want to see fight # 3.

Maybe the lesson here is that fight offers aren't official until the contracts are signed.

Or that Dana is a pathological liar and a sleazeball whose word is worth less than nothing.

So? it doesn't make her any less of being the #1 contender and deserving of another shot.

Perhaps, but it does make the prospect of Tate receiving another shot much less interesting.

Actually, you completely mischaracterized the situation. Yes Rousey-Tate 3 was a silly matchup, but Dana White gave his word in public and in private to Tate that this would be the fight. Tate had already started training when Dana White decided to change the matchup. Don't know about you, but a lot of people put value on keeping one's word.

Sounds like fake outrage to me. What do you give a shit about Dana's word if it's going to result in a fight nobody wants to see? Ever think he changed his mind due the legions of morons on the internet complaining about the match up?

"We didn't want to see the fight, but we really value a fight promoter keeping their word."

LOL, okay. I'm sure you'd all care about Dana's word if he made Cyborg/Rousey instead. Give it a rest. MMA fans are the biggest hypocrites and whiners on the face of the Earth, and that's all their is to it.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

Dana started the rumor

This fuckin' place....

I come here to vent. And laugh at loser fanboys. It beats knocking my wifes teeth out.

Hey look, I want Rousey Tate 3 for the simple fact they will promote Tate like a mofo unlike their last fight and we'd get to see tons of hot pictures of her phenomenal ass and tits...everywhere.

here's what i think happened.
i think word got to UFC that Cyborg isn't even trying to cut weight,
the fight with Rousey is way off and probably won't even happen.
i think they are throwing Holly Holm to the wolves,
cause she has some hype behind her.
saving Rousey/Tate 3 for UFC 200, where they'll have 3 title fights.
probably the return of Bones Jones and maybe Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar.
just a thought.

The reason is simple, everything in the weeks since the fight announced was negative. No one wanted this fight, no one was happy about it, except Tate. No one cares what Tate has to say, she is a paid employee who fights...not a match maker. This fight with Holmes isn't a good fight either, though. Dana just sucking at his job like usual! The guy that said UFC wasn't the place for womans fighting is clueless and bad at promotion? No way...

Back