The reason Miesha Tate lost her title shot?

"I’m losing probably 90% or like 80% of what I make in sponsorships, so that hurts."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/2...bryan-caraway-ufc-reebok-deal-mma-sponsorship

Personally, I don't think that was it.

I have two theories.

1. If its Rousey vs Cyborg for co-main on UFC 200, then it makes sense to squeeze in the last undefeated prospect than make Rousey vs Tate III . And Tate could fill in for Cyborg if she does not make the weight. But the more I think about it, that seems more and more less likely.

2. They are probably saving Rousey vs Tate III for a co-main on UFC 200, granted that they both make it past their next opponents.

it could be to reprimand her for her comments or some other sht we dont know about

I think it's as simple as the UFC wants to ride out the wave of Ronda beating a ton of people with ease, rematches would make casual fans lose interest. There's no way they can promote "Ronda's toughest test ever!" when she's fighting someone she's beaten twice...

Cowboy said the same shit, is he not fighting for the title?

think its tate is second best fighter in the div, we dont know if Holm could even get a title shot by beating top 5 so they do it now. Fresh fight, mma vs boxing angle and if Cyborg fight doesnt happen the UFC knows they have the Tate fight in their back pocket. Assuming she can beat Nunes if they make that fight.

And again Ronda might want new challenges instead of beating the same people. This would be the best striker she's fought, another unbeaten fighter.

Part of Ronda's allure is that she's spent less than 30 total minutes in the Octagon. If she fights Tate again, it'll go past the first round, probably to the third again.all these new casuals will see that she's not so invincible. It'll destroy part of her allure.

Instead, she'll fight Holm,mprobably win in the first round, by submission. This will only happen after the UFC hype machine has spent at least two months hyping up this fight. Ronda has already called this her toughest test yet.

Afterwards, she'll have beaten a former boxing champ, rogan will interview her with a hard on in the center of the Octagon, and Dana will be foaming at the mouth at the post fight press conference with Floyd Mayweather's balls- re- his name, hanging from his mouth. The Ronda Rousey show rolls on.

Or it could be that she's lost twice already..
Most would rather see a new challenger

Sure but not holly. If they cant get cyborg then Miesha.

Shit isnt that hard to understand. You'll see holly eventually. Just like well see Mieshas 3rd shot.

This is getting monotonous.

Maybe the UFC wants Miesha to fight Cyborg. Who knows, who cares. Ronda is staying busy and that's what matters

I know... someone getting a title shot by doing well prior to joining the company is B.S. I was so pissed when Anderson Silva got a title short for beating Leben... come on... dude wasn't even sniffing top ten... Also, come one Jon Jones only beat hammill and Bader to get his shot.... such garbage... Anjos fought an old washed up Nate Diaz who hadn't done well in a while for his shot... It pisses me off.. AND NOW Conor got a title shot for beating Siver, Max, Porier and Brandao... Everyone know none of those guys have or ever will be top ten or contenders... PLUS they put him against Chad Mendes who is straight up the worst wrestler in the division on short notice..

Moving on... Shogun got a title short after losing to Griffin and beating an old washed up Chuck... Machida got his shot for beating Thiago... who sucks... Brock for beating herring.... Cain for beating old ass Nog, Aldo got his ufc title for being the best in the minor leagues, Cruz the same and then defended against Jorgensen... Barao got his title for beating a non champ... and TJ got his shot after losing to multiple people and one win over a guy who went 0-4 in his last 4 in the ufc...

noone deserves a shot ever because everyone they beat sucks...

The UFC should be shut down because even the champions suck and don't deserve to be champions.
You're operating under the fallacy that WMMA orgs outside the UFC are comparable to MMA orgs, which is foolish. While there are legit MMA orgs with fighters who can compete with the UFC's best, that is not the case with WMMA orgs. WMMA records outside the UFC/SF are suspect, as we've seen when those girls compete in the UFC and get wrecked. High level MMA existed and continues to exist outside the UFC. That is not true of WMMA.

Tate did not had two cracks at the title. Stop with that bull already. She had only one in the second fight. In the first fight Honda was the challenger.

So she did not have a chance to win because Ronda was the challenger?

So if Cain loses, we should set up #3 because Cain did not have 2 chances to win?

Meh, who cares besides Miesha?

The women likes to fight and wants to figure out the champ.

Ronda going to roll over any female on the current roster anyway. I hope I am wrong, but the odds makers are with me on this.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

brah! you been here 5 years minimum...the thing that bugs me more is when people post the obvious...oh...wait...ummm...

She fought Rousey, that's why she lost her title.

I was so psyched for Holm's UFC debut but she has not looked good in her past 2 fights. I suppose UFC would like to use her before she loses. It's not an interesting fight right now though.

Holm should have fought at least one grappler before facing Rousey.

I don't think that, I think Dana is just a big mouth that changed his mind in order to keep the Ronda wrecking in seconds train rolling. It's not like its the first time someone has been promised a shot only to get passed over and someone else given the shot instead.

Holm has looked like shit in the UFC. If you don't want to see Ronda-Tate 3 (even though Dana assured it would happen), fine. What's the excuse for Nunes being passed up for a shot over Holm though?

If this happened in any other division in the UFC, people would be flipping out. A borderline top 10 fighter with 2 unimpressive, non-top 10 wins getting a shot over the #1 and #4 ranked fighters in the divisions who both have a legit case for a shot at the champ.

I think its the reaction they got from fans and media about rematches and Tate already losing twice. But they will only be able to deny her a shot so long, her next win she should get it. Tate vs Nunes, but I dont see Tate winning that one

Back