The reason Miesha Tate lost her title shot?

People on this forum have to get over their jealousy of Dana, its just ridiculous.

lol

Not approving of him breaking his word = jealous of him?

Dana is that you or are you just resting your balls is Mike's mouth as he types this?

:icon_chee

Sure they would. People bitch at everything.

Actually they wouldn't. Holm has looked extremely average in her 2 UFC fights and its people quite rightly feel she totally doesn't deserve a shot. Still this is the UFC we are talking about so I don't know why anyone's surprised tbh, at least she's actually won her last fight unlike Cain and Gus.

Two separate issues

Whether people wanted to see the fight or not (I did) has nothing to do with the fact that once again Dana publicly lied. Whether people wanted to see it or not, most seem to be in agreement that if you promise the fight to someone, it is bullshit to take it back.

In fact, anybody fine with those tactics because personally they'd rather see a different fight is kinda showing what kind of person they are. What someone prefers to see should have nothing to do with believing if the president of a promotion publicly promises a title shot to someone he should keep his word.

Oh' break out the fuckin' violins....

Nobody would give two shits about Dana keeping his word if he had announced Cyborg as Rousey's opponent. You guys are just whining as usual.

Nobody wants to see Rousey/Tate III. Nunes vs Tate is far more attractive to fans.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

This is how it always goes.

UFC makes a decision.

Outrage ensues.

I don't mind seeing it be someone new either. I also would have been fine with Tate as she more than earned it. And I don't even like Tate. But she loses like 90% of her sponsor income on the Reebox deal, earns a title shot that she was promised just to have it pulled, and now she has to fight probably the toughest person left just not to get knocked all the way back down again. That's doing someone as dirty as it gets.

It is one thing imo to go more the WWE format where rankings don't matter. At least fans have an idea of what to expect and the more 'old school thinking' kind of fans can adjust to the fact that entertaining ie money-making fights will trump rankings. But when you give your word you keep it. You should see some of the stuff Cung Lee is saying about Dana now. That he forced him to fight injured against Rich Franklin and tried to strong-arm him into publicly admitting he took PEDs, presumably to take the exposure off the UFC for the joke lab they decided to go with.

It is just getting to the point with me that White's whole scumbag routine has worn thin. I really don't even want to follow anything to do with the company in-between cards. I obviously still enjoy the fights though.

It was probably Ronda and not the UFC who nixed the fight, IMO.

Nothing is final until both fighters sign the contract. Seems likely that Ronda refused and they gave her this matchup to make her happy.

I think it's really cute how the anti-UFC crowd here picks and chooses when to take Dana's "word" as law. He's a fighter promoter not a priest, get used to it already.

Cung Le, really... that's what you're going to cling to. He wasn't forced or strong armed into anything. I can't even take you seriously when you bring that kind of shit up.

I don't mind seeing it be someone new either. I also would have been fine with Tate as she more than earned it. And I don't even like Tate. But she loses like 90% of her sponsor income on the Reebox deal, earns a title shot that she was promised just to have it pulled, and now she has to fight probably the toughest person left just not to get knocked all the way back down again. That's doing someone as dirty as it gets.

It is one thing imo to go more the WWE format where rankings don't matter. At least fans have an idea of what to expect and the more 'old school thinking' kind of fans can adjust to the fact that entertaining ie money-making fights will trump rankings. But when you give your word you keep it. You should see some of the stuff Cung Lee is saying about Dana now. That he forced him to fight injured against Rich Franklin and tried to strong-arm him into publicly admitting he took PEDs, presumably to take the exposure off the UFC for the joke lab they decided to go with.

It is just getting to the point with me that White's whole scumbag routine has worn thin. I really don't even want to follow anything to do with the company in-between cards. I obviously still enjoy the fights though.

Plus if Tate winds again who is to say that Dana won't go back on his word again? "Okay you goofs, Tate did good and won five in a row but let's not get crazy. Let's see how she does against Cyborg first."

I agree with the rest of your message too. This is turning into less of a sport and more of a billionaire popularity contest. It's all about who the billion Fertitas' and Dana White like versus actual merits or fighting ability. Even champions are getting pissed on now (Aldo) in order to hype up other fighters and get them the belt. Then you have legitimate #1 contenders (Tate and Edgar) basically getting screwed because the billionaires like other less ranked fighters more since they believe they will earn them more money.

Beating her last opponent on the score cards 30-26 and 30-27 2x is not looking like shit, she completely dominated her second fight.

BTW, Dana doesnt make the fights and he simply stated she's the #1 contender in the presser after Tates last fight. He may have believed that but there are 2 other match makers and owners involved in making that decision. They looked at it afterwards and obviously saw a different fight. There are too many people shitting on Dana for this

1: The scorecards were 30-26, 30-27, 29-28.

2: Holm has been extremely underwhelming in both of her fights. She may have been a bit more aggressive against Reneau than Pennington but it still left much to be desired.

3: Dana isn't a matchmaker. That is precisely why he should keep his mouth shut when asked if Tate is the #1 contender or if she will receive the next shot. He deserves to be shit on since he's the one running his mouth.

4: Once again, if you're going to screw Tate over, at least do it for Nunes since she actually has a legit claim for the title shot.

Back