The reason Miesha Tate lost her title shot?

because ronda is ducking Tate.

Holm has looked like shit in the UFC. If you don't want to see Ronda-Tate 3 (even though Dana assured it would happen), fine. What's the excuse for Nunes being passed up for a shot over Holm though?

If this happened in any other division in the UFC, people would be flipping out. A borderline top 10 fighter with 2 unimpressive, non-top 10 wins getting a shot over the #1 and #4 ranked fighters in the divisions who both have a legit case for a shot at the champ.

Beating her last opponent on the score cards 30-26 and 30-27 2x is not looking like shit, she completely dominated her second fight.

BTW, Dana doesnt make the fights and he simply stated she's the #1 contender in the presser after Tates last fight. He may have believed that but there are 2 other match makers and owners involved in making that decision. They looked at it afterwards and obviously saw a different fight. There are too many people shitting on Dana for this

I think its the reaction they got from fans and media about rematches and Tate already losing twice. But they will only be able to deny her a shot so long, her next win she should get it. Tate vs Nunes, but I dont see Tate winning that one

Find me a single post, article, or tweet even that stated they'd rather see Holm vs Ronda when they announced the Tate fight though. There was a small amount of backlash against this fight, but almost everyone agrees that Tate is the 2nd best in the UFC.

She's lost twice. Yeah, she took Rousey to the 3rd round but it's not as if she did anything significant in those 3 rounds. It's crazy how these girls can't find a way to beat her, she's like the Faber of WBW.

He woke up the next day and decided to make the right decision.
He always changes his mind, this time it was for the better
it's been said Dana visit's Sherdog every day and I'm sure other notable MMA forums and the amount of people saying that they didn't want another rematch between the two could of have something also to do with the decision also Tate will still be there if Holm loses he loses another fight he can promote as a threat to Ronda .

Find me a single post, article, or tweet even that stated they'd rather see Holm vs Ronda when they announced the Tate fight though. There was a small amount of backlash against this fight, but almost everyone agrees that Tate is the 2nd best in the UFC.

Where did I say fans prefer Holm?? No one said they would rather see Holm, some just said they didnt want Tate. Its not like fans had a choice here. Dana said its gonna be Tate, some fans didnt like that idea and they went a different route.

Dana just mentioned this is the reason why because people already saw Ronda/Meisha twice. I think its safe to assume that fans didnt want to see a rematch, now did they want to see Holm instead?? Dont know about that. But I read twitter comments at Dana afterwards stating they didnt want a 3rd fight and we saw some fans reacting negatively to this rematch on here. I cant recall but I read a couple mma sites that didn't like the rematch. Although, I think they were more upset it wouldnt be Cyborg.

But its not about being second best, especially when she already had a shot at her. We know there is more to making a title fight in the UFC then just the ranking.

I don't think that matters.

Rousey sells vs. anybody. If people were skipping Tate 3 because it's a rematch, UFC just needs to change Tate. It doesn't matter who she fights.

Rousey is still the draw.

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

ive sensed a "dana is a liar and piece of shit" argument rather than an argument based upon merit.

i dont care who rousey fights next--i dont buy her fights, its the dana danaing that bugs me.

Nobody would complain if Dana didn't said that Miesha was getting the next shot or if Holm would have blown Reneau or Pennington out of the water.

well, you just gave some legitimate reasons.

Or that Dana is a pathological liar and a sleazeball whose word is worth less than nothing.

lol, someone's mad.

24afaa8ca18e11748e5b048bed2e5c60.jpg

This shit kills me. Rumours of Tate/Rousey 3 circulate, and Sherdog is all "Fuck that bullshit. She got her ass kicked twice already. Who wants to see that again?"

Tate gets passed over, and Sherdog is all "This is bullshit! Tate deserves it way more than Holm. It must be because she insulted Reebok. Fuck you Dana!"

This fuckin' place....

Yes. Because everyone on this forum shares the same opinion.:rolleyes:

Shill ? You couldn't be more wrong. I just find your emotional investment in Meisha losing her title shot funny. lol.

It isn't about Meisha, I just hate people who don't keep their word.

This fuckin' place....

Two separate issues

Whether people wanted to see the fight or not (I did) has nothing to do with the fact that once again Dana publicly lied. Whether people wanted to see it or not, most seem to be in agreement that if you promise the fight to someone, it is bullshit to take it back.

In fact, anybody fine with those tactics because personally they'd rather see a different fight is kinda showing what kind of person they are. What someone prefers to see should have nothing to do with believing if the president of a promotion publicly promises a title shot to someone he should keep his word.

Well some time people change their minds.

That really isn't supposed to be an option after giving your word. Tate's fight against Eye was a title-shot eliminator that she won. Holly was already scheduled to fight Kaufman. They promised Tate the fight, several times actually. Before the Eye fight if she won and then confirmed it after she did.

"Dana White confirms Miesha Tate gets next title shot against Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correria winner at UFC 190"

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/26/9...esha-tate-title-shot-ronda-rousey-trilogy-mma

That really isn't supposed to be an option after giving your word. Tate's fight against Eye was a title-shot eliminator that she won. Holly was already scheduled to fight Kaufman. They promised Tate the fight, several times actually. Before the Eye fight if she won and then confirmed it after she did.

"Dana White confirms Miesha Tate gets next title shot against Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correria winner at UFC 190"

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/26/9...esha-tate-title-shot-ronda-rousey-trilogy-mma

Well I for one is happy to see Ronda fight some one new.
I really dont want it to be a Cain JDS Bigfoot thing.

Dana just mentioned this is the reason why because people already saw Ronda/Meisha twice. I think its safe to assume that fans didnt want to see a rematch, now did they want to see Holm instead?? Dont know about that. But I read twitter comments at Dana afterwards stating they didnt want a 3rd fight and we saw some fans reacting negatively to this rematch on here. I cant recall but I read a couple mma sites that didn't like the rematch. Although, I think they were more upset it wouldnt be Cyborg.

I agree with this, although I do think that Tate does have some name/drawing power herself. Shes the only other WMMA fighter on the roster save possibly future JJ appearances that can headline a prelim or be on a PPV maincard. As far as the Holm matchup, I don't think any MMA fans want this fight right now. It seems even more far-fetched atm than the Bethe match did and the same fans who can be sold on the Holms fight probably never saw either of the Tate/Ronda fights anyways.

Well I for one is happy to see Ronda fight some one new.
I really dont want it to be a Cain JDS Bigfoot thing.

I don't mind seeing it be someone new either. I also would have been fine with Tate as she more than earned it. And I don't even like Tate. But she loses like 90% of her sponsor income on the Reebox deal, earns a title shot that she was promised just to have it pulled, and now she has to fight probably the toughest person left just not to get knocked all the way back down again. That's doing someone as dirty as it gets.

It is one thing imo to go more the WWE format where rankings don't matter. At least fans have an idea of what to expect and the more 'old school thinking' kind of fans can adjust to the fact that entertaining ie money-making fights will trump rankings. But when you give your word you keep it. You should see some of the stuff Cung Lee is saying about Dana now. That he forced him to fight injured against Rich Franklin and tried to strong-arm him into publicly admitting he took PEDs, presumably to take the exposure off the UFC for the joke lab they decided to go with.

It is just getting to the point with me that White's whole scumbag routine has worn thin. I really don't even want to follow anything to do with the company in-between cards. I obviously still enjoy the fights though.

Back