The only thing I admire America for

regarding the U.S. locking people up-

giphy.gif

Food is very cheap in America...compared to a lot of other places. I used like in London, where food was way more expensive.

We got fullsize trucks here, while most of the rest of the world makes do with small and medium sized trucks. Trucks are expensive if you go for lots of bells and whistles. They are pretty good value when you consider what you are getting compared to how much one pays for an SUV or Car with similar trim.
What gets me are guys/ housewives who drive gas guzzling trucks and suvs with no practical use for them other than to feel and look big

Tell that to the family members of those that were mowed down and killed in Wisconsin by a man let out on cash bail who was a clear violent threat. There should be no dollar amount that makes that possible

So out of all the incredible achievements America has made, you pick that they put people in jail for 50+ years or execute them.

What the fuck Sherdog

Reactions: LMP
Just watched some YT videos about people receiving sentences from 50 years to death penalty and breaking down in tears, fainting and whatnot. Videos like that should be played in every school to show youngers what their actions can lead to.

The criminal law system in US and penalties are absolutely nailed and Europe, UK could learn a thing or 2 from it. Three strikes law is great.

People from outside US tend to criticize US a lot for many different reasons. But if someone ever ask me random question on what I think about America, this would be my answer.

You seem nice

From Eastern Europeans I know, one of the biggest criticisms I hear is that the legal penalties for crime in Canada are far too weak.

3 strikes law is retarded. Steal an orange, break a window and slap someone and go to jail forever.

I thought it was 3 felonies.
Only slapping someone qualifies, and even that could be pleaded down.

Does the 3 strike law target only violent offenders or also those who steal a chocolate bar from the grocery store?

Because that would explain the high prison population.

There has to be a felony charge in there for 3 strikes to apply - and not all states have 3 strike laws.

American's have a sick sense of vengeance when it comes to prison and jail. There are still people in the U.S. incarcerated for life for drug trafficking and marijuana related charges.

Freedom of Religion, verbal expression, keeping any power possible away from the federal government and a means to defend ourselves against it is why America exists.

Here’s why I hate American news

Who’s responsible Joe? You knew before the fucking speech.

Here is a question, maybe needs its own thread. If any of you started a City where you make the laws and your population has to be similar to what major cities with crime issues have now, how would you handle crime?
1. Armed Robbery?
2. Drug offenses?
3. Rape/Pedophilia/sex crimes?
4. Murder?
5. Shoplifting?
6. Quality of life crimes: Public disturbances, pissing/shitting on streets, pan handling, living on streets, etc?

We see what is happening in cities with lax laws in the name of social justice-Portland, Chicago, Philly, SF, LA, NYC. Right now there are mass tent cities, theft, organized shoplifting events, public drug use, defacation etc. But these cities are also releasing people of color in record numbers for offenses that may have been too harsh in some cases, and in others they should have never been let out and reoffend. Its a conundrum as I believe in being tough on crime.....But not on ones that target people of color unfairly like Weed crimes. I would let drug offenses slide all together but these folks are often commiting crimes to get the actual drugs.....Tough call....Does any country or city have it right?

I think its a good idea for a thread if you wanna make one I happily participate. Instead of a city I would propose a country with own laws and stuff just to see how people would respond. Kinda would be interesting.

Back