The only thing I admire America for

The US Justice system is a joke. My wife's coworker/friend was murdered by her fiance (typical Lil douchebag) beaten savagely then finished off with gun. Cops got there that night he was covered in blood crying admitting to the crime. He was bonded out like 9 hours later he didn't even spend a full day in jail. His family has money and got a good lawyer, they had recently bought them a 300k home in Conroe north of Houston. For the bond they Maybe paid 20-50k cash to get out. That was 2 years ago. He's been walking around living the life since then. Crazy literally no jail time. Supposedly he can drag this out a couple more years then they say his lawyer is gonna claim crime of passion (to make it seem like this chick was cheating, wasn't happening the dude was just an insecure weirdo) to try and get 10 years maybe out in 5. I think it's crazy but He does have a good lawyer. I wouldn't be surprised.

The criminal justice system should be fair and shouldn't tip in favor of people who have money and grind the bones out of people who don't. This is in TX by the way, showing money eclipses all.

Does the 3 strike law target only violent offenders or also those who steal a chocolate bar from the grocery store?

Because that would explain the high prison population.

No one is in prison for stealing a chocolate bar. It's all the other much more serious things they were doing when they stole the chocolate bar.

Tell that to the family members of those that were mowed down and killed in Wisconsin by a man let out on cash bail who was a clear violent threat. There should be no dollar amount that makes that possible

So what is the solution? No bail in any circumstances on the account that some people are psychopaths and might drive through a parade after a knife fight?

Make bail even more expensive, which is already a serious enough problem that people are pleaing guilty to crimes they didn't commit because they can't afford bail and their life would be completely destroyed if they get stuck in jail awaiting trial?

The US is really good about locking people up, we have something like 25% of the worlds prison population. It's embarrassing.

"
  • Between 2% and 10% of convicted individuals in US prisons are innocent.
  • 2,666 people have been exonerated in the US since 1989.
  • Proven innocent people have served more than 23,950 years in prison so far.
  • Out of 100 sentenced to death, 4 are likely innocent, but only 2 get exonerated.
  • 69% of wrongful conviction cases happen due to eyewitness misidentification.
  • False confessions account for 29% of wrongful convictions.
  • Official misconduct plays a part in 31% of murder exonerations.
  • False accusations are present in 70% of wrongful convictions.
  • Since 1989, there have been 375 convicts who were found innocent due to DNA testing.
"

As long as its not me!

Add to this that a lot of (potentially) innocent people will ultimately plea to a lesser charge rather than running the risk of a jury trial and going to prison for a much longer stretch than if they plea out.

So what is the solution? No bail in any circumstances on the account that some people are psychopaths and might drive through a parade after a knife fight?

Make bail even more expensive, which is already a serious enough problem that people are pleaing guilty to crimes they didn't commit because they can't afford bail and their life would be completely destroyed if they get stuck in jail awaiting trial?
I dunno. If a guy expresses hatred for white people, expresses violent ideology, expresses mowing people down with his car. Maybe make it harder for him to get out.

An article i enjoyed reading this morning about crime in America. ~

"Third Worldizing America
Our elites, like the Third World rich, have mastered ignoring—and navigating around—the misery of others in their midst."

https://amgreatness.com/2021/12/01/third-worldizing-america/

excerpt:

In a recent online exchange, the YouTuber Casey Neistat posted his fury after his car was broken into and the contents stolen. Los Angeles, he railed, was turning into a “3rd-world s—hole of a city.”

The multimillionaire actor Seth Rogen chastised Neistat for his anger.

Rogen claimed that a car’s contents were minor things to lose. He added that while living in West Hollywood he had his own car broken into 15 times—but thought little of it.

Online bloggers ridiculed Rogen. No wonder—the actor lives in multimillion-dollar homes in the Los Angeles area, guarded by sophisticated security systems and fencing.

vdh-photo.jpg

Vineyard roadsides used as dumps—a normal scene along rural avenues near my home
Yet both Neistat and Rogen accurately defined Third Worldization: the utter breakdown of the law and the ability of the rich within such a feudal society to find ways to avoid the violent chaos......

Which demographics?

Let's just say that 12% of the population commit 50% of the murders.

I'll just say that it isn't by happenstance that New Hampshire, Maine, Idaho, and Vermont have the lowest homicide rates in the US.

I wouldn't say I admire the US for anything, but I generally like the people, pizza in NY State can be pretty awesome, good fishing and roads (except shit States like Vermont).

Of all the good things about the USA, you admire their completely broken criminal justice system?
What is your definition of "completely broken"??????

Are you comparing the US to certain countries that have 5% conviction/apprehension rate when it comes to murder? Or countries who's police have zero reason NOT to be corrupt? Or countries who's police back down to the cartels? Or countries who's police arrest people that send "bad tweets"?

Yet the US has a vastly higher murder rate than the UK.

And I'm pretty sure that multiple studies have shown the death penalty does not do anything to deter crime.

Last edited:
The US Justice system is a joke. My wife's coworker/friend was murdered by her fiance (typical Lil douchebag) beaten savagely then finished off with gun. Cops got there that night he was covered in blood crying admitting to the crime. He was bonded out like 9 hours later he didn't even spend a full day in jail. His family has money and got a good lawyer, they had recently bought them a 300k home in Conroe north of Houston. For the bond they Maybe paid 20-50k cash to get out. That was 2 years ago. He's been walking around living the life since then. Crazy literally no jail time. Supposedly he can drag this out a couple more years then they say his lawyer is gonna claim crime of passion (to make it seem like this chick was cheating, wasn't happening the dude was just an insecure weirdo) to try and get 10 years maybe out in 5. I think it's crazy but He does have a good lawyer. I wouldn't be surprised.

So you think you know more about your wife's co workers situation than the court does?

Post like this make me lol because the only way you know about this is from your wife who got her information from her friend

You have no fucking idea about anyone in this situation and typing like you know what your wifes coworker does outside of work is fucking mind boggling stupid

To top it all off you know he has a good lawyer?

How the fuck would you know that?

People like you are fucking crazy man

Walking around life thinking you know everything but just have third hand information from biased sources lol

Back