The only thing I admire America for

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just watched some YT videos about people receiving sentences from 50 years to death penalty and breaking down in tears, fainting and whatnot. Videos like that should be played in every school to show youngers what their actions can lead to.

The criminal law system in US and penalties are absolutely nailed and Europe, UK could learn a thing or 2 from it. Three strikes law is great.

People from outside US tend to criticize US a lot for many different reasons. But if someone ever ask me random question on what I think about America, this would be my answer.

Just watched some YT videos about people receiving sentences from 50 years to death penalty and breaking down in tears, fainting and whatnot. Videos like that should be played in every school to show youngers what their actions can lead to.

The criminal law system in US and penalties are absolutely nailed and Europe, UK could learn a thing or 2 from it. Three strikes law is great.

People from outside US tend to criticize US a lot for many different reasons. But if someone ever ask me random question on what I think about America, this would be my answer.

Yet the US has a vastly higher murder rate than the UK.

Does the 3 strike law target only violent offenders or also those who steal a chocolate bar from the grocery store?

Because that would explain the high prison population.

Only if they are a person of color or poor. Gotta make an example. Rape not so much wealthy and white you get a get out of jail free card like monopoly.

3 strikes law is retarded. Steal an orange, break a window and slap someone and go to jail forever.

The endless treasure trove of music alone provides thousands of reasons to love the USA and all the Americas. It's truly amazing, tracing back the origins of hip hop, rock & roll, blues, jazz, country & western music. One can spend a lifetime enjoying it and to a small extent I have and will. The deeper and further you go, you also find amazing music that goes way back to many other countries throughout the world.

Of all the good things about the USA, you admire their completely broken criminal justice system?

I dunno. Ever hear of... Freedom?

Such freedom!

2014-10-incarceration-chart2_tcm7-176264.jpg

Back