The only thing I admire America for

There's plenty of coloured people on the streets who have a large history of criminal activity. Hell the guy who ran over people at that parade had way more than just 3 prior arrests.

at this point legal system overtaken by political activists.

you loot/riot and have long criminal history = slap on the wrist

you have a clean record and just trespass = get slapped with the harshest sentencing possible

There's plenty of coloured people on the streets who have a large history of criminal activity. Hell the guy who ran over people at that parade had way more than just 3 prior arrests.
Correction, it was a car, not a “guy” that ran over those people at that parade.
Source: MSM

It really depends on the city or state.

I do find it fascinating that the same people will go into 1 thread and complain that we have an over incarceration problem, then jump over to another thread and argue that we need gun control because we have too many crazy people and criminals walking the streets.

3 strikes law is retarded. Steal an orange, break a window and slap someone and go to jail forever.
<{walkerwhut}>

Who on earth told you 3 misdemeanors get you life in prison?

You could randomly pick anybody out of any of the BLM riots with a strong likelihood that they have at least 4 or 5 misdemeanors and a couple felonies.

Last edited:
Does the 3 strike law target only violent offenders or also those who steal a chocolate bar from the grocery store?

Because that would explain the high prison population.

From what I understand it's any felony. Heard of a women getting life for writing bad checks once it's to insane.

always amaze me how this
-1x-1.jpg

and this
1.jpg

can be in the same country and mind you just a few miles appart....

Every time I go on vacation I see shit like this and I always think about how crazy it is. As well as how fortunate I am.

It's well known that deterrence doesn't work very well.

Honestly who gives a shit about deterrence? Or rehabilitation for that matter? If you commit violent crimes...especially against innocent victims you need to be removed from the population and segregated. That way you can't do it again to the next person....being in prison will certainly deter you from victimizing the next person because you can't access them.

But if we want to talk deterrence....how about some cruel and unusual punishment? Let's say you shoot up a school and there is 0 doubt it was you....we have you on camera, you admit it, etc. Etc. 1000% guilty no doubt.

Then we just throw you in a locked room with the victims family for couple hours. If you survive then we execute you after.

You think any of these twerps would risk that level of pain and misery? Very few would

at this point legal system overtaken by political activists.

you loot/riot and have long criminal history = slap on the wrist

you have a clean record and just trespass = get slapped with the harshest sentencing possible
Lol

It's always some random factoid with these people. I once had a German tell me that America is behind because we still have telephone polls and they dont.

I have a friend who got busted 3 times. First was a broken license plate light on his Mercury Sable. Second was possession of an illegally downloaded mp3 of Master of Puppets off of Napster. Third strike was when the cops saw him spit a sunflower seed out of his Mercury Sable.

Currently doing life without parole at San Quentin.

Prisons are big money making businesses. America won’t have an issue being short of prisoners, but you can be sure that people get screwed over and sent to prison to keep that money machine going.

Only if they are a person of color or poor. Gotta make an example. Rape not so much wealthy and white you get a get out of jail free card like monopoly.
There is no law in the USA that is exclusive to "colored" people.

Can we stop with this shit already?

I have a friend who got busted 3 times. First was a broken license plate light on his Mercury Sable. Second was possession of an illegally downloaded mp3 of Master of Puppets off of Napster. Third strike was when the cops saw him spit a sunflower seed out of his Mercury Sable.

Currently doing life without parole at San Quentin.

That is the Thing That Should Not Be.

Just watched some YT videos about people receiving sentences from 50 years to death penalty and breaking down in tears, fainting and whatnot. Videos like that should be played in every school to show youngers what their actions can lead to.

The criminal law system in US and penalties are absolutely nailed and Europe, UK could learn a thing or 2 from it. Three strikes law is great.

People from outside US tend to criticize US a lot for many different reasons. But if someone ever ask me random question on what I think about America, this would be my answer.
The high school in my school district is right next to the giant county jail. You can see the guard towers and hear when it goes into lockdown. The staff call it great motivation for the kids lol

I don't fully understand the 3 strikes law, but theoretically if someone developed a drug habit and shoplifted 3 times to feed it could they be incarcerated for life?
No. The crimes have to be felonies. Most states do not even prosecute petty stuff anymore. In California you can rob a store and as long as its under $950 they cant even arrest you. We have gone the other way on crime...No Bail lets repeat violent offenders out almost immediately. Our jails were overflowing due to a lot of weed stuff. Those are no longer punishable by jail time, just misdemeanors and even then it has to be for selling or transporting large quantities. The jails are emptying like crazy. Crime is up though.

Back