Movies THE MATRIX: RESURRECTIONS (New Trailer)

This movie isn't half a bad as many in here are making it out to be. It is pointless. It is harmless. The action is dull. However, it isn't a real true clusterfuck. There were some real genuine, funny moments in this film and that first hour was done well when it referenced the original and poked fun at itself and game development. I had no issues with the cast either. The film was just too damn long and it tread no new ground.

Length is never a problem in Matrix films, which should be long as their subject is deep.
Being "pointless and harmless" is actually a problem and enormous criticism of this film.
A Matrix sequel should never be pointless or harmless, it should be groundbreaking. Especially after so much time.
It was a fun/fanservice type of film, but a missed opportunity.

Crazily enough, the scenario/premise was good (a new matrix, etc), however the plot fizzled out too quickly, with Neo & Trinity getting overpowered too quickly.
What made the original great and justified 3 films, was that the premise of defeating the machines and their matrix was a difficult near impossible task only possible by "The One". What we get here is literally Neo getting awakened and fucking up the new Matrix in record time. All because...He woke up Trinity too? I feel like the transgender director farted that script out after a bad night.

Basically it comes down to everything being too easy for the MC to do. What made the originals actual thrillers was that the machines & matrix were actually overpowered and almost certain to win against humanity. Here we have a bunch of ridiculous kind of moments, like infiltrating machine city in about 10 minutes and waking up Trinity in the most secure machine city location. Sorry but that just kills the thrill. In the original Neo fricking died getting into that city and nearly died everytime he entered the Matrix.

Didn't watch yet, but heard podcaster say it shouldn't have been made since it sucked that bad.

This guy explains exactly how I felt about this movie. Really not sure how anyone watched this movie thinking there was anything remotely good about it. Maybe too many people have gotten used to Fast 9 type terrible films that they cant even recognize when something is just awful.

This guy explains exactly how I felt about this movie. Really not sure how anyone watched this movie thinking there was anything remotely good about it. Maybe too many people have gotten used to Fast 9 type terrible films that they cant even recognize when something is just awful.

Part of me also thinks that Lana Wachowski directed this film the way she did on purpose.
She made it goofy just like the social commentary injected in the film.
This is clearly not a film taking itself seriously like the original trilogy where it was a battle of life and death.
This is a film that is about making social commentary, and almost a comedic rendition of the Matrix and its tropes.

I mean, the director achieved her goal. But I somewhat dislike that she used the Matrix franchise to do this with.
The original trilogy were pretty legendary, and the fourth film has almost the same effect on the legacy as Woodley getting KOed by Jake: It was unnecessary.

I wanted more of Thomas Anderson. None of the Matrix stuff was interesting. All of the good parts were Thomas and Tiffany trying to figure out what was going on. 90% of the movie should have been that.

This movie felt more like a joke than an actual movie. Did anyone see that Jay and Silent Bob Reboot? Not that bad but same vibes.

Full movie has been doing rounds on Telegram since 12/26

I dont have HBO max cuz I'm poor, and neither of the two theaters I live near are playing it. Also not playing nightmare alley.

Really wanted to like this. Starts out OK but…it’s just not good. You can just tell that this was a money grab because there was no reason for it to exist and no creative care in it at all.

For a movie literally relying on nostalgia, not having weaving and fishburne is a huge miss.

Decided after reading this forum from my sherbros im officially not watching it. Thanks guys. Almost caved in with ppl i know telling me to watch it.

Decided after reading this forum from my sherbros im officially not watching it. Thanks guys. Almost caved in with ppl i know telling me to watch it.
Just teasing you earlier but think about this. People you know in the real world asked you to see the movie. You are missing a chance to have a reference in a culturally relevant debate that’s going on right now and share it with those acquaintances. They didn’t ask you to commit to meditating twice a day or trying to be vegan for a year . They asked you to watch a Matrix movie. It’s basically a happy meal with a piece of broccoli. You don’t need to be afraid of the movie. It’s not going to hurt you in any real way. Maybe it will make you think a little about things you don’t usually think about but what’s so bad about that? Surely you don’t think you know everything about everything already? Or that you’ll ever need to know? Or everything you could ever want know? Or everything you should know?
Don’t let some guys on the internet tell you what to think. I mean unless that’s your thing. At the end of the day you gotta do you, or at least some version of you.

No one can be told what the Matrix is bla bla bla you gotta see it to believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just teasing you earlier but think about this. People you know in the real world asked you to see the movie. You are missing a chance to have a reference in a culturally relevant debate that’s going on right now and share it with those acquaintances. They didn’t ask you to commit to meditating twice a day or trying to be vegan for a year . They asked you to watch a Matrix movie. It’s basically a happy meal with a piece of broccoli. You don’t need to be afraid of the movie. It’s not going to hurt you in any real way. Maybe it will make you think a little about things you don’t usually think about but what’s so bad about that? Surely you don’t think you know everything about everything already? Or that you’ll ever need to know? Or everything you could ever want know? Or everything you should know?
Don’t let some guys on the internet tell you what to think. I mean unless that’s your thing. At the end of the day you gotta do you, or at least some version of you.

No one can be told what the Matrix is bla bla bla you gotta see it to believe it.
Damn. I liked your spoiler message. Im sold. Will watch now. My real life brother though told me to avoid it. Will watch now.. im old school so it takes awhile to convince me. Im not gullible though..

Never saw any of these movies. Are they worth watching?
The first one certainly is. But you've got to remember the context: it broke a lot of new ground and things that were mindblowing back in 1999 aren't so much now. It's still got some great action and design work, but a first time watcher in 2022 isn't going to get the same thing out of it.

The two followups are completely skippable. This one, no clue, I refuse to watch it.

This was pretty bad. Spent yesterday snowed in and caught up on some movies available on streaming apps. I'm indifferent to CGI (unless it is awful or breathtaking) in general. This wasn't anything special, everyone not just looked old, but moved old. The GoT sand snake chick was about the only interesting person. Even an exiled Monica Bellucci wouldn't have been able to save this movie.

Back