• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked THE MANDALORIAN Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call. Tait's 6'3" & Fabreau is 6'1"

Maybe they could work that out with platform boots for Fabreau... or even just camera angles so as not to give away the height difference... but again we're looking at a lot of trouble to go through for a masked character who the stunt man can obviously just play all the time unless Fabreau just wants to do it just to say he did it or something.

Fun Fact: I just now realized Tait Fletcher used to be an MMA fighter with a short run, but was on the 3rd season of TUF.
Damn really? I always got the impression Jon was short. But I guess looking back at PCU he is kind of big. Disregard previous post

Damn really? I always got the impression Jon was short. But I guess looking back at PCU he is kind of big. Disregard previous post
Yup... & actually, I kept digging & came across a definitive answer in a Vanity Fair article that sayz:

"He’s voiced by series creator Favreau, but performed by Tait Fletcher, the real-life MMA fighter and John Wick villain who played the bearded cantina tough guy in the opening scene of Chapter One."

I extended that quote to include that Tait was in the John Wick film... because Ep. 3 was sooooo Jon Wick... with all the bounty hunterz coming after him. Thought that was a neat little bit of synchronicity.

Not sure what her character will be but it seems like she's a rugged type that just beats people up like every other man in the show

So she's basically a man

I mean, she can actually beat men up in real life (if I recall correctly she has too), lol, I don't think that makes her a man though.

haha

But mark my words the feminists will be pissed off cause the only woman on the show isn't womanly enough

I could be wrong but I doubt that, it actually sounds like a pretty sexist thing to say that a woman is supposed to look and behave a certain way, plus it'd be body shaming Gina for being big & strong.

I've actually heard a feminist say that 'buff' women are underrepresented.

In general though I think anti-SJWs are as bad as reactionary SJWs and somewhere along the way realized they could monetize complaining about people who complain. They both are literally in the business of being triggered. Some of these fucks make entire boring as videos about being offended about other people being offended. It's one thing pointing out obvious shit like when someone puts out a shitty movie and tries to use identity to defend it (or is trying to push it in a shitty movie as in TLJ), it's another to constantly pay attention to it and drone on and fucking on about it (not directed at you, just in general) and constantly chase phantoms.

Hell, in this thread there's been some legitimately sexist comments and whining about shit I didn't even know about. Whining about feminists and then making actual sexist remarks is like complaining about a fire while you're dumping gas on it. Kinda fuckin' stupid.

And I mentioned this awhile ago in a private chat, but I kept referring to baby Yoda as he, and the missus said “what makes you think it’s a ‘he’?”

I just did an “oh shit” reaction

And I mentioned this awhile ago in a private chat, but I kept referring to baby Yoda as he, and the missus said “what makes you think it’s a ‘he’?”

The scientist guy yells out "dont hurt him!" in ep3 when Mando storms into the room that baby yoda and scientist was in.

The scientist guy yells out "dont hurt him!" in ep3 when Mando storms into the room that baby yoda and scientist was in.
Ok I like this, will throw this in the missus’ face later, gracias!! THIS THE WAY!

Ok I like this, will throw this in the missus’ face later, gracias!! THIS THE WAY!
I just watched that section... & that particular part, the doc could've said "her" as well. The next section where he's cowering by the end of the table however, he's clearly saying "him."

In the scene where Dyn busts into the lab where the Yodling is hooked up to the machine... the doc cowards at the end of the table begging for his life saying... "I protected him." (2x) Now I don't know if the doc got a peek under the robe... but you know he pretty much had to. That's likely one of the first parts of the examination in case it plays a role.

Good call. Tait's 6'3" & Fabreau is 6'1"

Maybe they could work that out with platform boots for Fabreau... or even just camera angles so as not to give away the height difference... but again we're looking at a lot of trouble to go through for a masked character who the stunt man can obviously just play all the time unless Fabreau just wants to do it just to say he did it or something.

Fun Fact: I just now realized Tait Fletcher used to be an MMA fighter with a short run, but was on the 3rd season of TUF.

The Fav has been a fan of MMA for years:cool:

One would assume the code allows them to take it off in private. They have to eat... & I pray to god they bath & clean it out otherwise they'd all be dying from noxious gas... lol... Gina be all... Boiy you better wash that ass if your gonna be checking me out with your little xray helmet. That's right... I know wtf you're looking at. I don't mind...
<NewGina>
...but you smell like a fookin Jawa & this ain't going nowhere till you wash dat nasty ass.

Really? I'd let Gina suffocate me to death with her dirty haven't washed in 17 days Mandalorian armor loincloth ass.

Haha... just a bit of fun. :D That's probably why he had to get tough & be an MMA fighter to check people for making that joke. :eek:

Should we let everyone know what Mando's name is? Or should we make them beg before sharing?

I already know Mando's name.

I have spoken;)

I love baby Yoda so much.........it hurts :(

@Clippy I need a 'get well soon'

Yup... & actually, I kept digging & came across a definitive answer in a Vanity Fair article that sayz:

"He’s voiced by series creator Favreau, but performed by Tait Fletcher, the real-life MMA fighter and John Wick villain who played the bearded cantina tough guy in the opening scene of Chapter One."

I extended that quote to include that Tait was in the John Wick film... because Ep. 3 was sooooo Jon Wick... with all the bounty hunterz coming after him. Thought that was a neat little bit of synchronicity.

Good catch. The scene with the bounty hunters' tracking fobs reminded me of the assassins waiting for the contract on Wick to go live:cool:

Really loving this show. Best Star Warsy thing since the originals.

If Disney make a new Star Wars movie it has to be Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau to make it.

That was taken out of context.

They decided not to use any of the EU stories in the main sequel trilogy... & so they had to make a new story from scratch. That's all she was saying. The point she was making is that there's a lot more un-knowns involved in showing a story to the public for the first time in a movie, than it is to have a proven story that you're making a movie about.

Personally, I'm happy to see a new story.

Neither the new sequel trilogy nor the Mandalorian are stories straight out of the EU... but they both sprinkle tidbits of EU lore in here & there.

They didn't just decide not to use the EU for the new movies. They de-canonized it from all of Star Wars media.

They supposedly got rid of the EU for the purpose of "creative freedom," so there shouldn't be any complaining about writers' block on their part. This is what they wanted.

Also, they don't have any problem cherrypicking from the EU when it suits them (i.e. including Thrawn in Rebels).

The issue is that Kennedy and the people that she brought into Lucasflim aren't real Star Wars fans, and they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Rebels had a good bit of it as well... & one of their main characterz Sabine... was a Mandalorian who very well could be the Armorer Lady.
Sabine Wren is currently off looking for Ezra Bridger with Ahsoka Tano after the events of Rebels.

That was taken out of context.

They decided not to use any of the EU stories in the main sequel trilogy... & so they had to make a new story from scratch. That's all she was saying. The point she was making is that there's a lot more un-knowns involved in showing a story to the public for the first time in a movie, than it is to have a proven story that you're making a movie about.

Personally, I'm happy to see a new story.

Neither the new sequel trilogy nor the Mandalorian are stories straight out of the EU... but they both sprinkle tidbits of EU lore in here & there.
<LikeReally5>
That's the point. There was ZERO reason other than greed to not use EU material. They had the perfect Skywalker/Solo kids stories to tell, but they decided to take a giant shit on fans just so they could make the property in their own image.

Sabine Wren is currently off looking for Ezra Bridger with Ahsoka Tano after the events of Rebels.

<LikeReally5>
That's the point. There was ZERO reason other than greed to not use EU material. They had the perfect Skywalker/Solo kids stories to tell, but they decided to take a giant shit on fans just so they could make the property in their own image.

I think what it really boils down to is laziness.

They were like

"Ok writers, you have to make new Star Wars but you can't contradict any of these books"

:eek: "Nah fuck that we need money NOW let's just make our own continuity"

76769609_613768599182710_8066832834049867776_n.jpg

@Morning Star

Random couple on internet talking about Mandalorian - not worth watching but it brings up an interesting point. People care about Mandalorian and don't care about TROS. If people are spending any money they'll stay home with Disnee plus where it's warm than venture out to see a sequel to a disappointing movie. You want that avatar yet @One MMA Fan ?

All this show did was take more viewers eyes away from the movie. I don't hear nothing about this movie but the buzz is on for Mando. Even on sherdog the TROS thread has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back