• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked THE MANDALORIAN Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ff52e8ab-acbc-41df-8eb7-3235f7493fc4-jpeg.682875

This is why the movies suck, and the show rocks. Filoni and Favereau don’t totally disregard the Legends tales.
That was taken out of context.

They decided not to use any of the EU stories in the main sequel trilogy... & so they had to make a new story from scratch. That's all she was saying. The point she was making is that there's a lot more un-knowns involved in showing a story to the public for the first time in a movie, than it is to have a proven story that you're making a movie about.

Personally, I'm happy to see a new story.

Neither the new sequel trilogy nor the Mandalorian are stories straight out of the EU... but they both sprinkle tidbits of EU lore in here & there.

Last edited:
Episode 3 review:

- The show keeps getting better. This is Star Wars pared down to it's roots; awesome action sequences, badass characters and one-liners cooler than a carbonite bath. This is the Way:cool:

- At least two shout-outs to Iron Man. The first is obvious; "I have to get one of those". The second is slightly more subtle: the Mandalorians flying in to save the day reminded me of the Suits arriving at the end of Iron Man 3.

- The Whistling Birds could also be a reference to Stark killing the 10 Rings terrorists who are holding hostages in the first Iron Man film.

- The Heavy Infantry Mandalorian with the M60 Blaster was cool AF:cool:

- Greebo's people really should find alternative occupations to Bounty Hunting:)

- Does anyone else think Mando might have deliberately shot Apollo in the area he knew Creed was carrying the Beskar?

- I wasn't aware of any prohibition in Mandalorian culture against removing one's helmet. Reminds me of Judge Dredd more than Star Wars.

- Mando's rifle, apart from being fucking awesome, is a nice shout out to Empire: "No disintegrations".

The show hit the ground running and, if anything, is still accelerating. If they can sustain the pace for the rest of the season, then GOAT-status is inevitable. I have spoken:)

Last edited:
If Yoda baby was Gizmo from Gremlins this show would be amazing

Greebo's people really should find alternative occupations to Bounty Hunting:)
{<jordan}

You ain't fooking kiddin' <Lmaoo><45><45><Lmaoo>

- Does anyone else think Mando might have deliberately shoot Apollo in the area he knew Creed was carrying the Besker?
For sure... & I think that's going to be a perfect in for them to reconcile later... despite the fact that he fooked up the job... making him pay back the Beskar. It would be hard for Creed to let it go... if for no other reason that he fooked up his day at the Twi'lek Healing Baths...:p but since he spared his life, I think he can get over it.

It also makes Creed look like he was willing to give his life to get the asset back & so the client shouldn't be thinking about any kind of conspiracy. There's a lot about that scene that I think fits in different ways. major character building as well showing Mando's sense of loyalty.

- I wasn't aware of any prohibition in Mandalorian culture for removing one's helmet. Reminds me of Judge Dredd more than Star Wars.
They did it all the time in the Clone Wars series... so it wasn't a thing then. Word is that it's an ancient tradition they're bringing back.

One would assume the code allows them to take it off in private. They have to eat... & I pray to god they bath & clean it out otherwise they'd all be dying from noxious gas... lol... Gina be all... Boiy you better wash that ass if your gonna be checking me out with your little xray helmet. That's right... I know wtf you're looking at. I don't mind...
<NewGina>
...but you smell like a fookin Jawa & this ain't going nowhere till you wash dat nasty ass.

That was taken out of context.

They decided not to use any of the EU stories in the main sequel trilogy... & so they had to make a new story from scratch. That's all she was saying. The point she was making is that there's a lot more un-knowns involved in showing a story to the public for the first time in a movie, than it is to have a proven story that you're making a movie about.

Personally, I'm happy to see a new story.

Neither the new sequel trilogy nor the Mandalorian are stories straight out of the EU... but they both sprinkle tidbits of EU lore in here & there.
And I think Lucas disregarded the EU first anyway, they’re just following his lead

Last episode was directed by a woman, and she kicked ass. Do the twitter critics or whoever is complaining about lack of representation realize this?

Yeah, they really did a lot of exploring on the Mandalorian culture in that series... & as I understand it, the new season they're making (release Feb. 2020) pretty much usez Mandalore as its focal point during
"The Siege of Mandalore" specifically.

Rebels had a good bit of it as well... & one of their main characterz Sabine... was a Mandalorian who very well could be the Armorer Lady. The house of Wren waz a very respected clan & she was pretty much offered the role of leader of Mandalore at one point but passed it on to someone more politically sound. She even weilded the Dark Saber for a time which is a Mandalorian artifact that represents Mandalorians united. So her getting respect makes sense. We'll see down the road if she starts painting thingz. :D

What Retcon did you disover?
nothing specifically, just saying I wasn't complaining about things not being canon or being retconned just in general

As I understand it... Favreau did the voice & Taint Fletcher is the physical actor. Fletcher's the "double" in the credits... that's how we know the big Mando'z name is Tab Vizla.

I suppose a "double" indicates that he's like a stunt man who stepped in for the action scenes though. So that could mean that Favreau himself was in the gear... but then again... if your character is in armor with a covered face.... what's the point in switching out? Ya know... just let the stuntman do all the shots. Or Maybe Favreau has a swag that the camera fell in love with. :cool:

Hmm... now I'm curious as to whether Favreau is in the armor sometimes. I do recall a picture a while back of him wearing some Mando armor, so I guess it's a possibility. Anyone heard anything about this?
Tait is like 2 feet taller than Jon though ain't he?

Tait is like 2 feet taller than Jon though ain't he?
Good call. Tait's 6'3" & Fabreau is 6'1"

Maybe they could work that out with platform boots for Fabreau... or even just camera angles so as not to give away the height difference... but again we're looking at a lot of trouble to go through for a masked character who the stunt man can obviously just play all the time unless Fabreau just wants to do it just to say he did it or something.

Fun Fact: I just now realized Tait Fletcher used to be an MMA fighter with a short run, but was on the 3rd season of TUF.

Good call. Tait's 6'3" & Fabreau is 6'1"

Maybe they could work that out with platform boots for Fabreau... or even just camera angles so as not to give away the height difference... but again we're looking at a lot of trouble to go through for a masked character who the stunt man can obviously just play all the time unless Fabreau just wants to do it just to say he did it or something.

Fun Fact: I just now realized Tait Fletcher used to be an MMA fighter with a short run, but was on the 3rd season of TUF.
I’m just glad you’re spelling his name properly, your origjnal post you named him “Taint”

I’m just glad you’re spelling his name properly, your origjnal post you named him “Taint”
Haha... just a bit of fun. :D That's probably why he had to get tough & be an MMA fighter to check people for making that joke. :eek:

Should we let everyone know what Mando's name is? Or should we make them beg before sharing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back