I'm Finally Watching The Mandalorian

I watched all of this,and the book of boba fett. After the first 2 seasons its not as good,as others have said here.

The stuff about the actual Mandalorians bores me to tears and slows the whole thing down.

Dont get me wrong, I love me some Temura Morrison,but after 40 years they finally stop pussying around and give us a Boba Fett series,what we have been asking forever for and Boba is in his 60s and kinda at the end of his rope.

Thanks.

I really needed to see Sasha Banks and him fight to a stand still.

Anyone else we need to put over?

RIP GREEF KARGA

Last edited:
Vastly overrated but entertaining. It’s better to watch it in one sitting than weekly by far.

Mandalorian was such a great run. Yeah season 3 has its faults but it all absolutely shits on the sequel trilogy.

The problem with Disney is that Mandolorian was the only show doing well so they started shoe-horning other show characters into it and the last season was so unbalanced and all over the place. They hope that having episodes focusing on Ashoka , Boba, the lady Mando that people will then want to watch their respective shows. They need to cut that shit out and just have Mando, Gina Carano (back) , Baby Yoda and nobody else going on adventures episode to episode like the first season.

If they replace Mando with that lady moving forward then you might as well just cancel the series now because nobody has any interest in her or her story line.

TS I look forward to your eventual thread on season 3 asking what the hell happened

Mandalorian was such a great run. Yeah season 3 has its faults but it all absolutely shits on the sequel trilogy.
I feel like they had taken the original format as far as they could personally and it needed something different, wasnt perfect with some weaker spots but I think making Bo Katan the centre of the drama worked very well, a great example of a well written and acted female character rather than a generic "strong female character".

Obi Wan Kenobi and book of Boba Fett are both a pretty big step down from the Mandalorian

OWK is pretty bad

Can't believe people are saying OWK was pretty good, that show was trash tier and everything wrong with Disney Star Wars.

On the advice of @Peteyandjia I decided to forego viewing S3 (although eventually morbid curiosity will probably get the best of me) and move on to OWK. Boy, were you guys right. I trudged through the first two episodes, and man is it awful. Like, he specifically told dude to bury his lightsaber in the desert so he couldn't find it, and in the next scene or so he walks right up and starts digging right where it was.

The blactress that played one of the inquisitors was terrible - way too thuggy for SW. Guess I'm done w OWK.

The show has a strong prequel vibe to it - maybe it's Leia?

What is good on Disney, anything?

On the advice of @Peteyandjia I decided to forego viewing S3 (although eventually morbid curiosity will probably get the best of me) and move on to OWK. Boy, were you guys right. I trudged through the first two episodes, and man is it awful. Like, he specifically told dude to bury his lightsaber in the desert so he couldn't find it, and in the next scene or so he walks right up and starts digging right where it was.

The blactress that played one of the inquisitors was terrible - way too thuggy for SW. Guess I'm done w OWK.

Andor.

Starts with a slow burn but the payoff is worth it.

The OBI Wan show was terrible and I watched it as a 2 1/2 hour movie with much of it removed. It was still bad and cheap looking too.

What is good on Disney+?

I was rewatching Alias, which I have on DVD, and seems like just maybe they swapped out some mainstream songs due to licensing issues.

Star Wars Rebels was ok. I rank it higher than Clone Wars cartoon even though there isn't much major characters.

You can watch the super ancient Sub-Mariner cartoon, Spider-Woman, and others. I was trying to rewatch the FOX Spider-Man cartoon and The Orville for the first time. Netflix Daredevil and Punisher are recommended, as well as Defenders which DD flows into after S2 I think.

If you skip Mando S3, you miss the first episode, I think, with nice air to air dogfighting with Bo Katan and Mando vs. TIE Fighters.

Andor does have one brief badass space fighting scene involving double ended lightsaber attached to the space ship.

As someone who has completely fallen out of love with Star Wars thanks to the prequels and Disney, I also loved the Mandalorian. It had the grit and atmosphere of the original trilogy that I loved. Since you are a 77 fan, I highly recommend Book of Boba Fett as well. It's not as good but it's solid if you like the original trilogy and want to see Boba's story.

I thought Obi Wan was complete garbage. It's truly sad that such a lay up ended up being a failure. It was the typical Disney pandering with bad writing and the occasional over the top fan service. What Mandalorian restored, Obi Wan killed it again for me. I have no interest in Ashoka, Andor or anything else they put out now.

Mandalorian only worked because it had actual Star Wars fans writing Star Wars. All of the other shows, Disney just has a diversity hire that doesn't know or love Star Wars and hands them the reigns to what is basically folklore to play with and modernize. It's awful...

Reva was really really fucking terrible. And OWK has some other issues but if you're a hardcore SW fan, it's still worth a watch for the Ewan and Hayden scenes which were very much on point and pretty damn great. If you appreciated their banter and relationship in ROTS, you want to see those scenes.

As others have said, Mando S3 pales in comparison to S1 and S2 but like OWK, it still has some great scenes that make it worth watching. Bo Katan is a very well-written female lead, has good on-screen chemistry with Mando and has a great ass. If you choose to watch Mando S3, you first need to watch the first 6 episodes of BOBF (skip the finale because that fucking sucks). There are two episodes solely dedicated to the Mando storyline after Luke takes Grogu and those are well done and have good pay-off.

You should give Andor a shot. The writing is miles ahead of the other recent Star Wars projects and the show as a whole is very well done. There are some very strong performances too and I honestly think it's the best piece of media Disney has produced since buying the property from George (although that's not really saying much).

It's a bit of a slow burn, but the heist and prison episodes are fucking awesome.

It's crazy to me that the same company that shat out OWK put Andor out a couple months later. Complete insanity.

As someone who has completely fallen out of love with Star Wars thanks to the prequels and Disney, I also loved the Mandalorian. It had the grit and atmosphere of the original trilogy that I loved. Since you are a 77 fan, I highly recommend Book of Boba Fett as well. It's not as good but it's solid if you like the original trilogy and want to see Boba's story.

I thought Obi Wan was complete garbage. It's truly sad that such a lay up ended up being a failure. It was the typical Disney pandering with bad writing and the occasional over the top fan service. What Mandalorian restored, Obi Wan killed it again for me. I have no interest in Ashoka, Andor or anything else they put out now.

Mandalorian only worked because it had actual Star Wars fans writing Star Wars. All of the other shows, Disney just has a diversity hire that doesn't know or love Star Wars and hands them the reigns to what is basically folklore to play with and modernize. It's awful...

Back