I'm Finally Watching The Mandalorian

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I didn't have Disney and had no interest in subscribing to it, so I never saw this show, except the Luke scene which was all over the internet the day after it aired.

They added Disney to my regular cable, so I started watching it and I just finished S2 (the Luke episode).

As a '77 OG fan I'll say this - this show is the best Star Wars product I've seen besides the original trilogy. Great story, great characters and plenty of fan-service elements that don't overly draw attention to themselves.

I'm going to start OWK as soon as I'm caught up on The Mandalorian; I hope it's just as good.

unmask-myself-din-djarin.gif

Obi Wan Kenobi and book of Boba Fett are both a pretty big step down from the Mandalorian, but they're not garbage. I enjoyed them both.

But it's easy for me to enjoy star wars content now that the bar has been set so low. I guess in that regard, JJ Abrams was successful.

Watch Andor after it, it's even better.

Never got into it . I think I watched 4 or 5 episodes and stopped .

Enjoyed Mando though , season 3 was a drop off though.

Reactions: lsa
Book of Boba Fett and OWK are both a step down from the Mandalorian, but they are still quite good. The first 2 seasons of The Mandalorian just set the bar so high. The Book of Boba Fett actually almost serves a season 2.5 of the Mandalorian though.

Pro tip:

If you watched Mando 1 & 2... you have finished Mando.

Skip 3, forget it exists, & remember the show fondly.
What Petey said... Sidelining him in his own series to push the "strong female character" is so very depressingly Disney :(

Don't get your hopes up for anything else good made by Disney+.

I think I read they took down their shit Willow continuation show to avoid paying residuals on it. That's how bad it was.

Can't believe people are saying OWK was pretty good, that show was trash tier and everything wrong with Disney Star Wars.

Andor is literally light years ahead of it in every possible way...and nobody watched it lol

Can't believe people are saying OWK was pretty good, that show was trash tier and everything wrong with Disney Star Wars.

Andor is literally light years ahead of it in every possible way...and nobody watched it lol
<PlusJuan>

In hindsight OWK has no reason to exist except money and having Obi Wan and Vader meet again feels forced. Like it is not explicitly said Obi Wan and Vader never meet between Episodes 3 and 4 but it feels like they took advantage of a technicality because they were too lazy to construct a story with Obi Wan without having Vader in it.

I am not one of those "wahh legends was decanonized" people but legends offered potential for a much better story with Obi Wan having to protect Luke from a Tusken Jedi purge survivor who wanted to kill the farmers on Tatooine. For the whole series Obi Wan has to grapple with killing one of the few surviving Jedi to protect Owen Lars who hates him. Before dying Hett(I think that was his name) could have told Obi Wan some deep shit like "you're just like Anakin" or something wild. And then he has to wipe out a Tusken camp to keep Lukes secret. Ghost Qui Gon was there when Anakin killed the Tuskens so they could have done something with that too.

Last edited:
Ashoka wasn't bad. Had its stupid moments but also had Thrawn.

I feel Ashoka was more divisive than bad. And it was the sort of divisive where you could see it coming from a mile away. The "I don't watch animation" people felt left out. Thats one of the less talked about divides in our society. But its clearly there.

If Ashoka didn't have "the stab" and "the push" it was an otherwise good 1st season especially as the building blocks of something larger. Can't shake the feeling the same person was responsible for both of those.

Back