The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Good observation. Its one thing if Harris expresses opinions based on his observations but he makes absolute proclamations of infallibility without a thought of giving anyone before or after him the slightest thought. Iconoclastic fundamentalism based on a deity made in his own image. Those that desire to be knighted by the anointed parrot him incessantly , repeate word for word with the same self serving grandiose narcissism.
Actually quite amusing.
Harris comes off as a bit smug in the discussion. Like he's trying to flex his intellect against Peterson's, who keeps it very casual. I like both, but Peterson knows Harris's viewpoints better than Harris does himself. He's clearly outmatched, but he is a smooth talker with an excellent vocabulary.

That was almost maddening to watch. Good on him for having to patience to confront those kinds of infantile disruptions everywhere he speaks.

The protesters seem completely oblivious to their own hypocrisy. Free speech is what allows them to voice opposition yet they somehow feel justified in shutting him down.
He exposes that the lefts perception of reality is based on emotion and the elitest
proclamation of truth that has no basis in reality. It's a pathetic self exposing flaccid effort really. Could almost feel sorry for them after going in debt for a "education".

He exposes that the lefts perception of reality is based on emotion and the elitest
proclamation of truth that has no basis in reality. It's a pathetic self exposing flaccid effort really. Could almost feel sorry for them after going in debt for a "education".

It's one of the best contrasts that, like you say, exposes the irrationality of these protest groups.

Anyone that listens to Peterson honestly, and then listens to the protestors chanting their hate slogans and other tactics trying to shut him down, can really only come to the conclusion that they are oblivious and out to lunch.

But, these groups are merely proxies sent to attack political opposition to what is being pumped in their identities courses. They know not what they do, as they are just pawns. It is quite easy to feel sorry for them when viewed in this context.

Peterson has a podcast out now. Most of the episodes that were released are basically edited versions of the TVO broadcasts of some of his lectures, I've enjoyed listening to some of them. There are 2 or 3 interviews he has with people on there as well, I haven't listened to those. Him doing the interviewing for a change.

I guess he gets enough Patreon dough rolling in every month that he doesn't have to reduce himself to this, but wouldn't it be hilarious if he had to read out commercials like most other podcasters? Can you imagine Peterson in his Kermit voice "ok guys before I get into the Jungian symbolism in Genesis......let me tell you about True Car. Whether you're looking for a new car or one that's just new to you, download the True Car app on your phone" and so on.

It's one of the best contrasts that, like you say, exposes the irrationality of these protest groups.

Anyone that listens to Peterson honestly, and then listens to the protestors chanting their hate slogans and other tactics trying to shut him down, can really only come to the conclusion that they are oblivious and out to lunch.

But, these groups are merely proxies sent to attack political opposition to what is being pumped in their identities courses. They know not what they do, as they are just pawns. It is quite easy to feel sorry for them when viewed in this context.
Peterson feels sympathy towards the SJW and mentally ill left. He knows that they are just ignorant, lost souls but it must pain him even more that these bigots who are attacking him are doing so on the grounds of a college campus - a place meant for higher learning and intellectuals. They have comprimised our education system and Peterson knows it all too well.

Peterson has a podcast out now. Most of the episodes that were released are basically edited versions of the TVO broadcasts of some of his lectures, I've enjoyed listening to some of them. There are 2 or 3 interviews he has with people on there as well, I haven't listened to those. Him doing the interviewing for a change.

I guess he gets enough Patreon dough rolling in every month that he doesn't have to reduce himself to this, but wouldn't it be hilarious if he had to read out commercials like most other podcasters? Can you imagine Peterson in his Kermit voice "ok guys before I get into the Jungian symbolism in Genesis......let me tell you about True Car. Whether you're looking for a new car or one that's just new to you, download the True Car app on your phone" and so on.

haha I can't see it happening and that would be tragic! He doesn't seem motivated by money.

Peterson feels sympathy towards the SJW and mentally ill left. He knows that they are just ignorant, lost souls but it must pain him even more that these bigots who are attacking him are doing so on the grounds of a college campus - a place meant for higher learning and intellectuals. They have comprimised our education system and Peterson knows it all too well.

Yeah for sure. It's weird because on one hand they are worthy of sympathy, and on the other they are quite destructive as minions and it's not excusable.

Either way, they are just a symptom.

I don't think he is.

As far as I can understand.
He was raised Christian, is currently atheist/agnostic.
However he believes the archetype of Christ as fictional-ish character embodies the morality of Western society.

I guess to restate, I think he believes that Christ as an archetype is of unique value regardless of the empirical reality of his existence.

Does that make any sense? I've only listened to him a few times, but that's what I've gathered.

As far as I can understand.
He was raised Christian, is currently atheist/agnostic.
However he believes the archetype of Christ as fictional-ish character embodies the morality of Western society.

I guess to restate, I think he believes that Christ as an archetype is of unique value regardless of the empirical reality of his existence.

Does that make any sense? I've only listened to him a few times, but that's what I've gathered.
I think your close here. Possibly more agnostic than atheist but only a perception on my part. He is as earnest as a individual can be.

If ever 15min told more about Jordan Petrson I don't know what it would be. Would like to say more but
dang, I'll just post it. Personally challenging to my own response to difficult situations.

Note- it's worth reading all the subtitles.

Last edited:
So were all those nu-male types protesting doing this to get laid or what?

So were all those nu-male types protesting doing this to get laid or what?
Lol, that was my thought also. We all did different things at times to get a gals attention(extrem skiing, there were some beautiful girls) but there has to be some kind of limit right?

Can someone make a gif of 2:52 - 2:55?

Last edited:
Yeah for sure. It's weird because on one hand they are worthy of sympathy, and on the other they are quite destructive as minions and it's not excusable.

Either way, they are just a symptom.

One person of the "extreme left" that I knew of, was molested as a kid. Fighting against "fascism" was his way of feeling better about himself, and his childhood experiences.

There's not really whole lot you can do to convince such a person of their logical fallacies, through constructed arguments. Their ideology is tied to emotional experience, not to any sort of a rational explanation of the world.

Unfortunately, one's emotions can always be manipulated to another person's gain. Such a person is very vulnerable to having their emotional energy directed to a malicious purpose.

Agreed, and that's very odd considering how unflinchingly liberal he is on the right to free speech. His views on truth are illiberal as all hell.
I don't think he would identify with liberals at all on how they've bastardized fake causes with catchy phrases an his fight against pronouns for gender politics or social justice.
All huge liberal causes and they are the exact opposite of free speech, hell liberals try to shut down dialogue by bullying people out of their opinion with the likes of phobia attached to the end of words and calling people racist for disagreeing with any number of things that have nothing to do with racism.

Last edited:
Jordan Peterson speaks at U of C for Generation Screwed Action Forum

“This is a note to women,” Peterson said to the roughly 150 attendees. “You have obtained power, even equality. Even in some cases, superiority. But you have not taken responsibility for reigning in your insane sisters. Men cannot do it. Men cannot oppose pathological women because chivalry demands they keep their most potent weapons sheathed. It’s up to you. The forces that have provided you with oft-unhappy freedom have also bred the shrieking harpies of fairness and victimization.”

http://www.thegauntlet.ca/jordan-peterson-speaks-at-u-of-c-for-generation-screwed-action-forum/

jordan peterson
dennis prager
ben shapiro

are 3 of my favorite people to listen to

thomas sowell was my favorite living thinker but hes retired...

One person of the "extreme left" that I knew of, was molested as a kid. Fighting against "fascism" was his way of feeling better about himself, and his childhood experiences.

There's not really whole lot you can do to convince such a person of their logical fallacies, through constructed arguments. Their ideology is tied to emotional experience, not to any sort of a rational explanation of the world.

Unfortunately, one's emotions can always be manipulated to another person's gain. Such a person is very vulnerable to having their emotional energy directed to a malicious purpose.
I bet molestation and abuse explains a large percentage of Peterson's opposition.
You can tell all these extreme leftist protestors are mentally insane. You know that they didn't have a good childhood. Some maybe too spoiled, some too abused and molested and some all the above.

Back