The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

First saw Peterson in the smugglypuff video trying to wrap his head around these cowards nonsense, then was stoked to see him on JRE. Been watching every video I see of his since.

It blows my mind that people are trying to shut Peterson down, the man has a wealth of wisdom. He sort of reminds me of Joseph Campbell at times.

Peterson feels sympathy towards the SJW and mentally ill left. He knows that they are just ignorant, lost souls but it must pain him even more that these bigots who are attacking him are doing so on the grounds of a college campus - a place meant for higher learning and intellectuals. They have comprimised our education system and Peterson knows it all too well.

Peterson views them as brainwashed kids who could be red pilled if they would just open their minds and listen. I hear lots of stories of Students that finally red pilled themselves after just watching the horror that is SJWism in action. But I rarely see stories of someone actually straight up opening their minds.

Where as someone like Ben Shapiro understands when you're in a debate setting with a full blown SJW, it is useless to reason with them. And they should only be used as a verbal punching bag to show the third parties watching that SJWism is just pure bullshit. Ben doesn't see value in time wasting trying to converse with someone who has a safe-space force-field erected around themselves.

Peterson views them as brainwashed kids who could be red pilled if they would just open their minds and listen. I hear lots of stories of Students that finally red pilled themselves after just watching the horror that is SJWism in action. But I rarely see stories of someone actually straight up opening their minds.

Where as someone like Ben Shapiro understands when you're in a debate setting with a full blown SJW, it is useless to reason with them. And they should only be used as a verbal punching bag to show the third parties watching that SJWism is just pure bullshit. Ben doesn't see value in time wasting trying to converse with someone who has a safe-space force-field erected around themselves.
Peterson's approach toward the narrow, feeble minded SJW stems from his position of professor and clinical psychologist. He knows they must decide for themselves if they want to listen to the truth or remain in their infantile safe space echo chamber. Peterson is the concerned father archetype lol.

I bet molestation and abuse explains a large percentage of Peterson's opposition.
You can tell all these extreme leftist protestors are mentally insane. You know that they didn't have a good childhood. Some maybe too spoiled, some too abused and molested and some all the above.

I would say that the level of social pressure around universities and other places, where this type of an ideology is slowly being cultivated, is such that even a person without a direct emotional investment to the ideology, can easily become convinced about its righteousness, to the point where he will become as radical as the extremist, in an effort to become accepted within an in-group. A "normal" kid with "normal" parents (in the traditional sense) can come to adopt behaviour that we associate with "social justice warriors", if he is constantly surrounded by other people of that sort, and dependent on them in order to advance his life and career.

Those are the kind of people that, once separated from the "leftist" construct, can still be convinced about the potential flaws in their world-view, though only if they are separated from the group and allowed to receive and respond to information as an individual person, rather than as a part of a greater collective which seeks to suppress one's abilities to form conclusions in order to enforce a "hive" mentality.

Once you've become invested to an ideology through an emotional, almost a religious experience of sorts, it is impossible to convince the person one way or the other through arguments. These people could only experience an "awakening" of sorts, once they are forced to go through equal, or greater, emotional turmoil. Only then, they may change their mind. It would not, at all, for example, surprise me to see a hardcore social justice warrior turning into a hardcore Christian on a moment's notice, after what they deem to be a "life-changing" event. On the other hand, the kind of a person who does not truly have an emotional investment in their ideals and principles, is less likely to become hardcore anything, unless forced to as a result of the surrounding social pressure.

When dealing with a radical person it is important to be able to evaluate whether they have been radicalized through emotion, or through pragmatic necessity in order to advance in the social ranks. One must be able to adjust his methods accordingly, when dealing with different types of people, with different motives. One can be convinced through logic, one can be convinced only through emotion. For most people, of course, you will need a mix of both, well-constructed principles empowered by conviction.

Last edited:
Goat advice about wasting time sherdoggers

The chalkboard killed me. <45>

Last edited:
Peterson is a slayer of dragons.
That group hardly represented dragons, though. I think he was on the right side of free speech, but let's face it, if Rachel Maddow was talking calmly in front of a bunch of chanting klansmen, whatever she advocated would look good, too. I'm impressed by how calm he stayed, but I'd like to hear a quieter debate between himself and a more articulate, less emotional advocate for the language restrictions he is protesting.

That group hardly represented dragons, though. I think he was on the right side of free speech, but let's face it, if Rachel Maddow was talking calmly in front of a bunch of chanting klansmen, whatever she advocated would look good, too. I'm impressed by how calm he stayed, but I'd like to hear a quieter debate between himself and a more articulate, less emotional advocate for the language restrictions he is protesting.
There are quite a few on YouTube, his opponent here isn't a real high energy dude.

I don't think he would identify with liberals at all on how they've bastardized fake causes with catchy phrases an his fight against pronouns for gender politics or social justice.
All huge liberal causes and they are the exact opposite of free speech, hell liberals try to shut down dialogue by bullying people out of their opinion with the likes of phobia attached to the end of words and calling people racist for disagreeing with any number of things that have nothing to do with racism.

The War Room could learn something from what he's saying here
The first I'd say about that is learn everything you possibly can about Islam so you know what the hell you're talking about
Its not that easy to learn about Islam either. I've been trying to do it for the last three years or so with a fair bit of diligence and I still don't feel that I'm in a position to speak about it with any real authority

I'm not sure if you're that familiar with Jordan Peterson, but he did a lecture titled "Slaying your dragon," which I was referring to. I was just saying that for no reason other than to make that reference lol it was off topic my bad but you should listen to it if you have not already.

Also, Peterson does do interviews with other professors who disagree with him on news outlets and in debate sessions over the topic. He slays them all, which isn't hard to do when you are on the right side of the obvious truth.

Im with her

CuwpFVpWgAA3suO.jpg
i dont even want to know what the fuck is going on now... i was coming here to ask who JP was and now i dont even care

The War Room could learn something from what he's saying here

That is certainly true as it applies to judging the religion, and really, when judging anything. How can a judgement be made on something that is not understood?

But there are multiple ways of looking at it.

There are also the angles of:

- What impact does growing Islamic influence have on politics
- Where is the concept of 'Islamophobia' coming from and how it is used in politics and why
- What impact does this have on our existing sociopolitical landscape

etc..

So while a greater understanding of the religion itself helps across the board, it isn't necessarily required to notice changes and impact, and then to try to determine if you are in favor or are against such things.

Understanding political language and how it used to mask political objectives applies to 'Islamophobia' and you don't need to understand Islam to have an understanding of this political tool / mechanism and what it might mean.

So really it depends on what aspect people are talking about.

Im with her

CuwpFVpWgAA3suO.jpg
Is the person up front a dude or chick. The one with the giant holes in its ears and wearing a choker.
I have been trying to decide for the last 10 minutes. I even called my wife in and asked her. Both of us think dude, but not 100% sure.

Back