Opinion the hypocrisy of the consumers of news

People say they like strong black coffee too. Doesn't make it true.

@N13 operates at levels that shouldn’t even be possible.
U can 2

I'll help you find your way, just a little.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/spooking-with-truth-volume-2.3823767/
th

Rich people watch Bloomberg and rich people don’t like to be lied to.

They like a world of delusion more than anybody.

hiya NoDak,

i used to get Bloomberg (the magazine) delivered to my office and i agree that its a solid source to go to.

however...

...its obvious that a large segment of the War Room disagrees, because the content of their posting contradicts so much of the reporting that goes on in that periodical.

- IGIT

Just about all politics is garbage and almost all outlets who cover it peddle garbage. Bloomberg is easily the best for a mainstream outlet IMO. The Opinion pieces are left leaning and that's fine because so I am, but guess what? If there's economics research published showing that China is actually bearing the brunt of Trump's tariffs, or that the US manufacturing industry just enjoyed its biggest annual job gain in over two decades? They're going to report that because it's the motherfucking reality. Period. There is no time for anything else and I appreciate that.

They are SOLID given the enormous breadth there is to cover for aforementioned primary interests, though if I want more specifics there's the likes of FRED, IHS, PwC, BCG, R&D, IC Insights, etc. as well as scientific journals.

hio MadSquabbles500,

Yahoo news, along with Google news, i think are rated number 1 and 2 for internet news. alot of folks apparently get their news there, though i haven't. are they good sources and unbiased, in your view?

also, the WR is not a good place to get your news, but its an interesting place to see how people react to it.

- IGIT

I dont know what metric they use for the rankings, but I dont find Yahoo to be any better or worse than the TV news. Also I do need to add, that Yahoo has a lot of, and I mean a shit ton, of click bait news, that just takes you to websites that require you to click more, and more.

So there is that. But I do fined yahoo to be convenient for me because I use their mail. Plus they are just getting their headlines from elsewhere on web.

RT is the best source for world news, it tells you about the stuff US media lie to people about. Obviously they're a little biased being Russian but everything they write about is backed up with facts and 99% of the time they get it right

News is more about controlling you than informing U.

IF you want the news, you have to work for it.

I listen to NPR daily

Hi @IGIT
Your gimmick is fucking stupid.

Sincerely,
Liquid Smoke

hi Liquid Smoke!

its not really a gimmick. for eons, this is how people generally wrote to one another, in that long ago age where letter writing using pen and pad is how missives were sent.

still, i'll do what i can to mitigate your vexation.

be well!

- IGIT

I’m curious IGIT, where do you get your establishment and utterly insane journalism of the left? Or does NPR suffice?

heyo Mr. The ScorpioN,

hmmmf.

i've been busy with a girlfriend and business and increased pot smoking the last few years, and read much less than i used to.

its just NPR and the NYT nowadays.

i guess Paul Krugman's column is the most insanely radical and subversive lefty thing i consume on a regular basis.

- IGIT

@Jack V Savage @Fawlty

I got a meme that U can use.

"The only thing true there is that you believe itt."

Hello @IGIT

I love the gimmick!
Dont let the haters stifle your style

-sniper

hello TheComebackKid,

sure you can.

i am not saying that people should only go to one place for their news. i try to read the National Review and Townhall.com daily, to get a view on what establishment (NR) and utterly insane(TH) journalists on the right are up to.

i think its good to get one's intake from a variety of sources.

that being said, do you find NPR, Propublica and PBS credible and accurate sources of news?

- IGIT

I haven't listened to NPR for years because I didn't find their content credible, edifying, or at all beneficial. I haven't checked out the others you've mentioned.

Question for you... what information should I expect to get from these outlets that i cant find on my own? Conversely how much potential misinformation am I going to get by allowing these outlets to filter information for me? And lastly... given the answers to those questions why should I ever watch or listen to these kinds of news stations and outlets, credible or otherwise?

That's a good ting. Red Cross is a scam even worse than the united way.

The most devious is the Shriners. They create those children (injure them on purpose) and then use them in advertising to suk money from the herd.

How about the animal rescue thing that is on TV now. The tune they play is Silent Night...….translation: Give us money so we can euthanize them. Better then what some satanic ones do...skinning them alive for loosh feeding.

heya TCK, glad to see you're still in the WR,

I haven't listened to NPR for years because I didn't find their content credible, edifying, or at all beneficial. I haven't checked out the others you've mentioned.

credible? alright, so, can you elaborate on that a little bit?
you found their reporting inaccurate, i take it. so can you illuminate me as what it was that you found to be errant? you can tell me if you remember, or you can just take a look at NPR's front page and tell me where you find lack of crediblity.*

edifying? as in, their writing didn't provide you insight? if you found their reporting to be lacking, i guess that this naturally follows.

beneficial? ditto. i'd feel the same way if i found a news outfit to be writing counterfactual articles.

* - to save you the trouble, here is the current front page over at NPR.org

1 - a story on how parts of government are continuing to function without a hiccup, despite the shutdown

2 - an analysis on whether or not the POTUS can build the wall without the Democrats who are obstructing him (it seems he might be able to)

3 - a piece on how Iraq has stabilizing, a recent development that's occurred during the Trump administration.

4 - a very sad story on the last surviving Achatinella apexfulva, a small Hawaiian snail named George, and his death, tallying up another species that is gone from this earth forever.

5 - a slightly wonky feature on why drug prices get pushed up higher and higher. it goes into specifics of patent cliffs, generics and the research and development breakdown in bringing a new medication to market.

those are the first five stories listed. any complaints about veracity or credibility?

Question for you... what information should I expect to get from these outlets that i cant find on my own?

i would think that the information you get from NPR will be essentially devoid of editorializing from the writer, for one thing. in terms of the general thrust of my OP, that means a great deal.

there would be none of that bitching and moaning about CNN that i read about constantly on this forum, because bias and partisanship aren't badges of honor to be worn on the sleeve at NPR or PBS or Propublica.

Conversely how much potential misinformation am I going to get by allowing these outlets to filter information for me? And lastly... given the answers to those questions why should I ever watch or listen to these news stations and outlets, credible or otherwise?

if you consider PBS to be a wasps nest of misinformation, then i don't know what to tell you. you have to consider the reality that any news outlet has to filter - they aren't wire services, and space costs money, whether its on the printed page or the tele.

what that means, is if you have a yearning for story upon story about how Central Americans who illegally enter the country are mostly rapists and drug smugglers...well...NPR probably isn't going to satisfy your hunger. PBS did a rather dry investigation into this claim, you can read it here; https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/truth-vs-perception-crime-rates-immigrants.

unless you can expound a bit on how NPR is rife with errant reporting, i can't really comment more - because i am unclear what you're referring to.

- IGIT

Last edited:
That's a good ting. Red Cross is a scam even worse than the united way.

The most devious is the Shriners. They create those children (injure them on purpose) and then use them in advertising to suk money from the herd.

How about the animal rescue thing that is on TV now. The tune they play is Silent Night...….translation: Give us money so we can euthanize them. Better then what some satanic ones do...skinning them alive for loosh feeding.
And the reptilians?

<Moyes5>

And the reptilians?

<Moyes5>
Ever wonder where all the blood goes when it is drained from bodies at the funeral home?

That would be the reptoid version of got milk.

<30>

THEY even make "milk" that is blood dyed white. Rh + and -, red or blue container....All the vampires know what brand to look for.

Just about all politics is garbage and almost all outlets who cover it peddle garbage. Bloomberg is easily the best for a mainstream outlet IMO. The Opinion pieces are left leaning and that's fine because so I am, but guess what? If there's economics research published showing that China is actually bearing the brunt of Trump's tariffs, or that the US manufacturing industry just enjoyed its biggest annual job gain in over two decades? They're going to report that because it's the motherfucking reality. Period. There is no time for anything else and I appreciate that.

They are SOLID given the enormous breadth there is to cover for aforementioned primary interests, though if I want more specifics there's the likes of FRED, IHS, PwC, BCG, R&D, IC Insights, etc. as well as scientific journals.

I am going to check out this Bloomberg you speak of.

Back