Opinion the hypocrisy of the consumers of news

Yea, it was telling indeed. It was obviously an attempt to get out in front of the inevitable critique they knew was coming. And why did they know it was coming? Because they themselves realize that there is truth to it, but they'd rather try and play it off as some irrational and reflexive right wing assault on the station than to admit that it is indeed a source that often exhibits a lean leftward.

I think NPR is better than any cable news media out there and used to get the bulk of my news from them. Still do to some extent but I think they lean to the corporate owned left and not just the left.

I feel that they covered the Bernie campaign in the primaries quite unfairly and lost a bit of respect for them after that. Apparently I am not the only one as many people complained about it back then.

One advantage it gave me is that I no longer have to donate to them during their drives.

hi everyone, i hope you're all having a nice day!

i had a quick question for all of you - do any of you make a regular habit of reading NPR, ProPublica or PBS?

a question that pops up from time to time here in the War Room is one poster challenging another with a "what press do you follow" inquiry. i have to say, i'm a little depressed how rarely they answer with three sources i listed in my opener.

the reason i am asking is that there is regular lament about the nature of the MSM; of how errant the information is, of how ideologically biased it is, of how its inundated with trashy click bait headlines, and how tightly it exists in the grip of corporate ownership.

the existence of lousy news sources, ones that are rich in partisan misinformation, is only possible because that's what most of America is consuming. that's what the consumer wants.

with all the informed commentary on what CNN is doing, i figure that's what most of you are watching and reading. so you all watch and read CNN and then log on to complain about CNN.

why not just address your grievances by turning on the radio and listening to some boring 'ol NPR?

if you actually believe the information presented on NPR is accurate, there'd be a good deal of agreement on any number of issues here in the WR.

anyways, just curious.

- IGIT

I consume the Intercept, the American conservative magazine, PBS, Jimmy Dore regularly.

I do everything I can to avoid tabloid news, aka the MSM.

hi everyone, i hope you're all having a nice day!

i had a quick question for all of you - do any of you make a regular habit of reading NPR, ProPublica or PBS?

a question that pops up from time to time here in the War Room is one poster challenging another with a "what press do you follow" inquiry. i have to say, i'm a little depressed how rarely they answer with three sources i listed in my opener.

the reason i am asking is that there is regular lament about the nature of the MSM; of how errant the information is, of how ideologically biased it is, of how its inundated with trashy click bait headlines, and how tightly it exists in the grip of corporate ownership.

the existence of lousy news sources, ones that are rich in partisan misinformation, is only possible because that's what most of America is consuming. that's what the consumer wants.

with all the informed commentary on what CNN is doing, i figure that's what most of you are watching and reading. so you all watch and read CNN and then log on to complain about CNN.

why not just address your grievances by turning on the radio and listening to some boring 'ol NPR?

if you actually believe the information presented on NPR is accurate, there'd be a good deal of agreement on any number of issues here in the WR.

anyways, just curious.

- IGIT
love NPR.

the American conservative magazine,

Huh, interesting.

love NPR.

Decent, definitely not bad.

I am going to check out this Bloomberg you speak of.

Financial Times is also cool, partially because they're bullish on Chinese implosion and I quite like that. However, Bloomberg was way out in front of them and the likes of "The Economist" or CNBC in getting around to understanding that the "trade war" with China is really an industrial high tech war - something I was shouting about six-plus months ago - over intellectual property and trade secrets. It's being fought with cybertheft, industrial espionage, investment restrictions, export controls and the 'deep state' is influencing policy. In this case, that just means US tech firms and the defense intel (pun?) community.

American companies still research, develop and manufacture the majority of their semiconductor chips stateside (less than 2% of the latter was ever offshored to mainland China). The industry is an invaluable source of technology leadership, global exports, high wage employment, advanced manufacturing capacity and domestic industrial output but due to how absurdly capital intensive it is, several major firms are fabless (no integrated manufacturing capacity) which allows more breathing room to focus strictly on IC design and engineering.

The biggest pure play foundries in the world (no in-house design capabilities) are located in Taiwan. That situation would already be testy enough in light of the '79 Relations Act, nevermind the fact they have highly valued American assets integrated not just into our tech industry but the US military network and supply chain. There is no way in hell they're going to be allowed to seize that island as some pondered the US may let happen and I'm sure you've heard the shit about the PLA admiral threatening to sink aircraft carriers.

Last edited:
I go where Geraldo goes!

th
th
th
th

I consume the Intercept, the American conservative magazine, PBS, Jimmy Dore regularly.

I do everything I can to avoid tabloid news, aka the MSM.
MSM OK, even FOX, if you have the proper brain filter in place.

I do but that doesn't mean I don't take it with a grain of salt.

hey there Kafir-kun,

i've read it too, from time to time, and i also take it with a grain of salt.

when i read Townhall.com, i call Mortons and ask them to deliver a pallet of it.

- IGIT

It's better than RT.
Both offer a different perspective, you just gotta remember whose is funding it and what their objectives are. As long as you keep that in mind I think you can derive value from either(though I agree AJ is better than RT).

Back