Opinion the hypocrisy of the consumers of news

I've listened to npr for 20 years. Of course it leans left, but it's still better than cable news.

The best news is AM 950 and WWJ and what many would say are right leaning outlets, because they report more straight fact than anybody, until their talking head shows come on.

hello Amerikuracana, nice name!

i get no sense that NPR leans left, really. maybe it does? i guess a little bias doesn't bother me, but inaccuracy or misrepresenting the truth (in the service of ideology) would bug me alot.

with those parameters in mind, NPR seems very very good.

i am not familiar with the radio stations you listed, but i'll check'm out.

also, i am unclear what a "right leaning outlet" would be, at a national level. i think the WSJ is good, i think the National Review is ok, at times. i can't think of any others, at the moment.

- IGIT

Does anyone remember how insanely boring CNN was in the early 2000s?

That's why Fox News was always so much more popular. Fox News, right from the start, understood that accuracy and tact was secondary to ratings.

The fact that you had to put that last sentence in there says a lot about how they are viewed.

They are viewed that way by people who prefer clown news sources like the Gateway Pundit.

Nobody should have a central place where they get their news. You can get information from everywhere.

Hi IGIT,

I like to get my news from the Sherdog War Room

- Mr Holmes

Nobody should have a central place where they get their news. You can get information from everywhere.

hello TheComebackKid,

sure you can.

i am not saying that people should only go to one place for their news. i try to read the National Review and Townhall.com daily, to get a view on what establishment (NR) and utterly insane(TH) journalists on the right are up to.

i think its good to get one's intake from a variety of sources.

that being said, do you find NPR, Propublica and PBS credible and accurate sources of news?

- IGIT

Hi IGIT,

I like to get my news from the Sherdog War Room

- Mr Holmes

hey there Mr Holmes,

i'd look for one of those palm-meets-face gifs, but i'm pretty high, kind of lazy, and late for a dinner reservation.

talk to you later, my friend.

- IGIT

The fact that you had to put that last sentence in there says a lot about how they are viewed.

Yea, it was telling indeed. It was obviously an attempt to get out in front of the inevitable critique they knew was coming. And why did they know it was coming? Because they themselves realize that there is truth to it, but they'd rather try and play it off as some irrational and reflexive right wing assault on the station than to admit that it is indeed a source that often exhibits a lean leftward.

I agree NPR is a good source. Inb4 complaints it is too left leaning.

But it is.

I've listened to them my entire life. And I like them compared to the major networks.

But the lean left, decidedly, and more as time goes on.

hello nac386,

the bolded, 100%.

i don't understand it. NPR (and PBS and Propublica) are not owned by some massive, multizillion dollar corporate entity.

they present the news, and at times, engage in long form journalism where they try to explore context. there are less bells and whistles and a helluva lot less editorializing than cable news.

whats not to like?*

- IGIT

* - the answer, of course, is that they lack the white knuckled partisan bias that everyone claims to hate, but actually seek out when they're not busy pontificating in blanket statements about the awful bias in the media.
I forgot to add PRI (Public Radio International). In particular, the World is a great program.

Yea, it was telling indeed. It was obviously an attempt to get out in front of the inevitable critique they knew was coming. And why did they know it was coming? Because they themselves realize that there is truth to it, but they'd rather try and play it off as some irrational and reflexive right wing assault on the station than to admit that it is indeed a source that often exhibits a lean leftward.
What's funny is that saying an outlet being biased one way or another isn't really something that needs to be 'corrected' at this point in time, the cards are dealt. Like rightist are not going to take umbrage at someone saying Fox is right-wing or any other with an obvious history.

But it is. I've listened to them my entire life. And I like them compared to the major networks.
But the lean left, decidedly, and more as time goes on.
Yep.

But for the real issues that matter, I get my news directly from Source
@N13

hello TheComebackKid,

sure you can.

i am not saying that people should only go to one place for their news. i try to read the National Review and Townhall.com daily, to get a view on what establishment (NR) and utterly insane(TH) journalists on the right are up to.

i think its good to get one's intake from a variety of sources.

that being said, do you find NPR, Propublica and PBS credible and accurate sources of news?

- IGIT

I’m curious IGIT, where do you get your establishment and utterly insane journalism of the left? Or does NPR suffice?

But for the real issues that matter, I get my news directly from Source
@N13
Hark, the material world is calling. But I think one can straddle ITT, one foot on the land and one in the sea.

herro emefer,

also, and perhaps most importantly, rich people can do something about it, when they are lied to.

- IGIT
Why are you making fun of my speech impediment?

After the wisdom contained in the Emerald Tablets sinks in, I'll be able to see how these events that are to happen look like in the expanding Nexus.

@senri

Back