The Heavies Awards 2020 - Poster of the Year Nominations (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

100% thought that said worthless posters ... wasn't going to debate you tagging me lol
I'll drop you a vote in the pick 5 poll.

I appreciate the recognition @Zebra Cheeks . Coming from you, it means a lot. Merry Christmas! And may the best poster this year wins.

Edit:
My picks:

@bigwaverider @Arqueto @dindonker @Doughie99 - my brothers, shoop experts, and great guys.
@Kryptt - funny guy who makes threads alive and get going
@Rebelfett - generous guy, and yep love his presence
@Zebra Cheeks - Rock-solid mod, with a heart of gold

You’re welcome my friend you definitely deserve it. Enjoy the holidays. Thank you for the nomination, I appreciate it a lot.

Thank you for the nomination my friend, you’re a fantastic thread starter as well and the recognition means a lot coming from you.
Thanks for the nomination @Zebra Cheeks .

<5>
<{silvanormal}> You know it buddy
1. @Zebra Cheeks - maybe sticky this?

2. @dildos has had a good yr.
Thanks bud, went ahead and stickied
Lots of love in this thread from some classy sherbros. Thanks guys.

I enjoy reading posts from @KID Yamamoto @Ironnik94 @Zebra Cheeks and many many more. Mostly because they're just chill sherdoggers who are always down to discuss a fight while staying level headed.

thank you my friend, I really enjoy our discussions.
Yes, staff are eligible, given that I’m pretty sure BWR has won 2-3 times now. Thank you for the nomination bud.

I'd like to nominate @Medulla Omoplata

I'd like to nominate him because poster you nominate should be funny, witty, clever, intelligent, and kind to their fellow sherdoggers.

A lot of people don't understand what it takes to run a sight like this anonymously, without ever asking for any recognition or payment, even his disability of Canadianism doesn't hold him back, and as we all know Canadianism is no joke eh.

YO,
Has no one mentioned @IngaVovchanchyn yet? Great contributor in the Heavies and PBPs, super knowledgeable, always down to discuss or debate fights, always logical and even-keeled poster. She’s one of my favorites here.

That said, thanks a lot for the mention @Zebra Cheeks. There are so many great posters here, it’s hard to narrow them down. In addition to Inga, I’ll mention:
@Jackonfire - Let’s be honest, is there a better place on Sherdog to talk fights than the PBP? Jackonfire’s work there and all throughout the Heavies is so appreciated.
@Zebra Cheeks - My good bud, and a great fight picker, fight bettor, thread starter, a shitload of fun in the PBP. Probably no single person has been more welcoming to me in this community than Zeebs.
@Paynebringer - When it comes to who has the better Tapology card, he’s my favorite rival. When it comes to everything else, he’s one of my best buds. An OG who doesn’t give a fuck if your join date is from 15 years ago or 15 minutes ago, as long as you know your shit and are down to talk fights. The Heavies and PBP wouldn’t be the same without him.
@Ares Black - another bud of mine who is super knowledgeable about multiple orgs, upcoming prospects, and everything in between. Great poster and TS.
@Ironnik94 - I don’t mean to sound biased, but pretty much everyone I hang with here is the shit :) As others have pointed out, Ironnik is incredible at analyzing and breaking down fights, he’s a super friendly dude and great contributor.
@SKYNET - Another great poster and contributor both in the regular Heavies threads and PBPs, he’s a ton of fun in the PBP and great poster overall.
@PurpleStorm - All around awesome and welcoming dude who is a great contributor in the Heavies and PBPs. Zebra already covered this, but he’s one of the nicest motherfuckers around. I can only think of one other poster that nice:
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN - Longtime poster with an absolute heart of gold, and a walking encyclopedia of the early days of the sport. Scottie is a great contributor and one of the best human beings on the Dawg.
@KazDibiase and @Ladder Master for the amazing GIFs and their humor. PBPs are the place to be on Sherdog, but a PBP doesn’t feel like a PBP without Kaz and Ladder.

Im sure I’m forgetting a shitload of people, I’ll probably drop more names once my coffee kicks in :)

I'd like to nominate two people.

@Eater of Souls - He possesses great experience in viewing and understanding the complexities of the fight game, not only what goes on during a fight - also all the work that goes in before, down to weight, psychology, biology, physics, food and other disciplines that I can't spell. He's also a laid back chef and has mentioned people like cool italians because they bring people together, feed them and encourage community and social interactions. As such he was the first person to make me feel welcome at sherdog. I'm appreciative and loyal.

@Jackonfire - His timing and comments are impeccable. Like the best referee you rarely notice he's here because it's all about keeping the action rolling along without focusing on him. He's involved with two of my favorite threads: the play by play section for fight cards and the bakers dozen music game. I'm not alone when I say he's my brother from another mothership. He was among the first (others are too numerous to mention, you know who you are and I thank you all) to help make me feel welcome anywhere and in any thread here. He connects like that with many here. Please lend a hand in giving props to our very own BMF mod and overall smart thoughtful witty dude the one and only Jackonfire.

Honorable mention:

All the posters who contribute here. Especially those who are positive and inclusive.
All the shoopers who make us laugh nonstop. They some hilarious mofos.

Thank you all. Stay healthy and positive. Merry Christmas. Happy new year!

Gentlemen:

This is very tricky once you are on here for years. If you make a list, you leave half the people you like off it by accident, then feel like an asshole.

Lots of good posters now, I feel like the PBP crew have become some of my favorite dudes.

Then, of course, you have the guys that are solid that dont do the PBP thread for whatever reason.

Also, of course, the shoop guys, who I dont know as well but appreciate the work.

Then you have a a couple good mods.

Overall, the site seems less ruthless and more nice this last year. Rather thats a good thing or bad thing, I dunno.

Anyway, Ill post a few guys that have been especially cool this last couple months-- because I have a terrible memory and cant remember stuff from beginning of year:

@Mr.Maelstrom-- Always fun to talk to you brother. Feel like you contribute to this board in more way than one.
@Clippy-- Lovable paper clip guy. Even though his heavy game is weak at times.....still glad you are here Clipster
@Wolf Of Sherdog-- One of the dudes thats actually fought (semi-professionally? professionally?) before. Isnt afraid to go against the rising current wave and say whats unpopular. Glad you are here my man.
@Fahcough -- Hilarious, always read his posts.

Ive even started to like @Ares Black somehow this year. Who knew. Ha, in all honesty man, its been cool to get to know you a bit more. Even though your life goal is to constantly defend WMMA, its been fun (and interesting) trading perspectives on things.

@BFoe, @Ironnik94-- Good to interract with you two dudes more this year as well. Similar to @Ares Black, we have for sure had our differences, but Im starting to think you guys are solid.

@Jackonfire-- Good looking out keeping the PBP thread going. Its one of the main reasons I visit Sherdog nowadays.
@Zebra Cheeks -- Sometimes you are terrible and try too hard to be Mr. Mod, but the other 95% of the time you are awesome. We have had lots of good convos this year, and everyone can tell MMA is a passion of yours. Lots of good work this year....just dont get power hungry and youll be one of the best mods on this site.
@bigwaverider-- lots of good work this year. Shoops provide sometimes needed comic relief. You really do add a lot to this site. Shoops and Sherdog now go hand in hand....as it should be.

@Paynebringer -- One of the best P4P dudes. I think it would be hilarious if you actually kept a list of P4P crew infractions this year. That would be pretty amazing.

@Frank McEdgar-- Always brings it with his posts.

@Buff-- An old legend of Sherdog, havnt seen him around as much, but he always deserves a mention regardless.

@Rebelfett-- Keep up the good work my man.

@IngaVovchanchyn -- Have you ever won poster of the year? If not I am going to burn Sherdog down. I feel like maybe you won last year or year before? I perhaps should pay more attention. Anyway, you deserve it if you have won, if not, then it has to happen this year. Probably the most consistently accurate and insightful poster on this board.

@PurpleStorm -- very likable guy.

@Arkham's Notorious Geyser -- Lost of good content and interactions this year.

@whaleshark -- One of the few dudes still reppin PMP around here. Good to see you are still posting my man. Also, hopefully by this time next year youll be cancer free. Rooting for you my man.

If I forgot someone, its just cause Im an asshole and honestly didnt mean to. Im sure in about 10 seconds I will be like oh fuck I forgot someone awesome. I have lots of convos on here and sometimes it gets rough to remember everything.

All that to say, its been a good year fellas. Heres to another good year next year.

Last edited:
SUGGESTION:

i feel like when we do these, or "MOD OF THE YEAR" , it would be cool if the OP featured prior winners ...
(yeah, i know its a lot more work)

... because i keep thinking "what about so-n-so.. or did they finally win last year?" etc.

Gentlemen:

This is very tricky once you are on here for years. If you make a list, you leave half the people you like off it by accident, then feel like an asshole.:)

Last edited:
This is very tricky once you are on here for years. If you make a list, you leave half the people you like off it by accident, then feel like an asshole.

Lots of good posters now, I feel like the PBP crew have become some of my favorite dudes.

Then, of course, you have the guys that are solid that dont do the PBP thread for whatever reason.

Then you have a a couple good mods.

Overall, the site seems less ruthless and more nice this last year. Rather thats a good thing or bad thing, I dunno.

Anyway, Ill post a few guys that have been especially cool this last couple months-- because I have a terrible memory and cant remember stuff from beginning of year:

@Mr.Maelstrom-- Always fun to talk to you brother. Feel like you contribute to this board in more way than one.
@Clippy-- Lovable paper clip guy. Even though his heavy game is weak at times.....still glad you are here Clipster
@Wolf Of Sherdog-- One of the dudes thats actually fought (semi-professionally? professionally?) before. Isnt afraid to go against the rising current wave and say whats unpopular. Glad you are here my man.
@Fahcough -- Hilarious, always read his posts.

Ive even started to like @Ares Black somehow this year. Who knew. Ha, in all honesty man, its been cool to get to know you a bit more. Even though your life goal is to constantly defend WMMA, its been fun (and interesting) trading perspectives on things.

@BFoe, @Ironnik94-- Good to interract with you two dudes more this year as well. Similar to @Ares Black, we have for sure had our differences, but Im starting to think you guys are solid.

@Jackonfire-- Good looking out keeping the PBP thread going. Its one of the main reasons I visit Sherdog nowadays.
@Zebra Cheeks -- Sometimes you are terrible and try too hard to be Mr. Mod, but the other 95% of the time you are awesome. We have had lots of good convos this year, and everyone can tell MMA is a passion of yours. Lots of good work this year....just dont get power hungry and youll be one of the best mods on this site.
@bigwaverider-- lots of good work this year. Shoops provide sometimes needed comic relief. You really do add a lot to this site. Shoops and Sherdog now go hand in hand....as it should be.

@Paynebringer -- One of the best P4P dudes. I think it would be hilarious if you actually kept a list of P4P crew infractions this year. That would be pretty amazing.

@Frank McEdgar-- Always brings it with his posts.

@Buff-- An old legend of Sherdog, havnt seen him around as much, but he always deserves a mention regardless.

@Rebelfett-- Keep up the good work my man.

@IngaVovchanchyn -- Have you ever won poster of the year? If not I am going to burn Sherdog down. I feel like maybe you won last year or year before? I perhaps should pay more attention. Anyway, you deserve it if you have won, if not, then it has to happen this year. Probably the most consistently accurate and insightful poster on this board.

@PurpleStorm -- very likable guy.

@Arkham's Notorious Geyser -- Lost of good content and interactions this year.

@whaleshark -- One of the few dudes still reppin PMP around here. Good to see you are still posting my man. Also, hopefully by this time next year youll be cancer free. Rooting for you my man.

If I forgot someone, its just cause Im an asshole and honestly didnt mean to. Im sure in about 10 seconds I will be like oh fuck I forgot someone awesome. I have lots of convos on here and sometimes it gets rough to remember everything.

All that to say, its been a good year fellas. Heres to another good year next year.
I feel like this was talked about recently—I’m almost sure that Inga has never won poster of the year. I agree with what you said: This should be the year.

I know you and I don’t always agree on everything, but I appreciate the shoutout and it’s always good to talk fights with ya. Happy holidays to you and yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back