The Heavies Awards 2020 - Poster of the Year Nominations (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Heavies Poster of the Year 2020 Nominations

Whattup everyone! This is our nomination thread for poster of the year.

I will be hosting the event this year, and look forward to the coming events. We will have additional award threads coming at the beginning of January.

upload_2020-12-24_3-27-53.jpeg

This is your opportunity to recognize and praise your peers who have contributed to this forum in a positive way. The poster you nominate should be funny, witty, clever, intelligent, and kind to their fellow sherdoggers. This award is a huge honor, so really think about who deserves this privilege.

We will have three rounds. Nominations, and then in a second thread we will vote from a selection of the top nomination receivers to decide who will become a finalist. The finalists will all compete in a third and final thread to determine your 2020 poster of the year.

upload_2020-12-24_3-23-16.gif

Let the games begin, and may the best man win.

Due to the holidays, we’ll leave this open for quite a bit. We will see how quickly nominations are coming in. I will likely be closing the thread sometime in the middle of next week.

Last edited:
I'll nominate Mr.Maelstrom because he is the only other guy that delivers Sopranos references on this board

Jackonfire as well for always doing the PBP threads

And the PBP GIF guys which I don't remember the nicks of. There is a prominent one but there's at least one more that also does a lot of good work

I may add a few more as remember other names but this is a good start. I feel like this year I’ve been so involved with the heavies, and I’ve gotten to know a lot of you way more than I had in the past. You’re all good people, and you deserve this shout out.

@Paynebringer - great personality and poster in the pbp, quite frankly, sherdog would not be the same witho his presence on fight night

@BFoe - close friend of mine, huge contributor in pbps, and great guy to talk about fights with. Super friendly guy.

@Ladder Master - for his contributions to gifs

@KazDibiase - for his legendary post fight night gif threads.

@Ares Black - great contributor to the heavies, has a serious of knowledge of prospects and up and coming fighters, great humor

@Kryptt - solid all around poster, huge contributor to pbps

@fortheo - consistently one of the most thoughtful and analytical posters in the heavies. His posts are always insightful and intelligent.

@Substance Abuse - this man is brings a great energy to pbps. Always shows up, and knows how to have a good time.

@Jackonfire - probably the hardest worker on this forum, and I don’t say the lightly. The quality of posting he maintains with the amount of work he puts into this website is incredible, and all while being super unassuming and chill.

@Ironnik94 - this dude takes some serious deep dives into analyzing fights. He’s produced some analytical threads that are fucking encyclopedias on the fight game and I respect the fuck out of his passion for mma

@Arqueto this man has done behind the scenes work for the shoop community this year that is quite frankly massive. We likely would have had to miss some shoop comps if he didn’t step up to the plate and absolutely kill it. He’s one of the friendliest faces on sherdog, and he’s also hilarious

@Rebelfett likebot supreme himself. Well, there’s a lot more to this guy then that. He’s also down to earth, extremely friendly, and has been a solid presence in the pbps this year.

@giovanni_ss he’s produced a lot of quality threads this year. Does a great job at presenting his threads in a nice manner, and they are always crisp and neat. I appreciate his effort, and he tends to hang out and chat about mma during the week between events. Solid all around poster.

@PurpleStorm everyone on this list is nice. I did not nominate any assholes. However, purple storm takes that shit to another level. This guy is undoubtedly the Stephen Thompson of sherdog, and without a doubt is the nicest mother fucker on sherdog.

Last edited:
Everyone really. During a monumentally shitty year I've really enjoyed coming on here just to chat shit with people and enjoy some respite with my Sherbros. Thanks to each and every one of you (except Hitto).

source.gif

If you're going to hold a gun to my head and make me nominate three people then it's going to be @careto @Ironnik94 and @Ares Black

@Ares Black, @bigwaverider, @fortheo and @Jackonfire come to this shameless casual's mind right away for sure. Always with good, insightful input to spare.
Also @HHJ, the only Fedor AND Khabib supremacist in this board.
And how about some love for the epitome of unabashed devotion, @Ackmed. There's literally no other poster with a name so tied to a particular fighter in my mind, I sometimes mutter "Ackmed" when I see footage of Islam.
Merry Christmas you doofuses --- love you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back