The GOAT = Confirmed 'A-Level' Athlete

You do realize he is bending at the knees? Although I thought that was obvious.

Yes I did realize and he still seems shorter than I expected. Bending like that doesn't reduce height that much and Ronda isn't that tall.

He looks like he has an inch maybe two on her in bare feet.

Yes I did realize and he still seems shorter than I expected. Bending like that doesn't reduce height that much and Ronda isn't that tall.

Plus Ronda is slightly bent with high heels

And he still got tapped by joe duffy.

It isn't fair for Conor to fight other humans. He should have to fight bears or lions or something. I doubt the athletic commission will even sanction Conor vs another human being after seeing this footage.

conor-mcgregor-weigh-in.jpg

Weidman is bending his knees so what's your point?

And he still got tapped by joe duffy.

Come on Bob, you're better than this! :icon_lol: That's pretty cruel to bring up. :( But yes, he did. He only had 5 pro MMA fights prior to this happening though and didn't have sufficient takedown defense or submission defense, which is really clear considering how easy it was for a striker (Duffy) to take him down and then hop over to side control to get the triangle choke. Since then he's been rebuilt... bigger, stronger, faster, better! :)

Contrary to popular believe, a majority of fighters actually has a HIGHER level of fitness than athletes from most other sports, with the exception of a few fighters (ie Big Country or DC).

The nature of fight sport itself requires a participate to be fitter, because it is neither purely strength nor purely endurance nor purely a speed contest and there are a lot of stop/start element to it. Stop/start tires one out faster than constant aerobic or pure anaerobic exercises.

It's pretty brutal. Rowing is pretty hard too as it's a 6 min sprint with the movement being explosive, full body (other than chest and tris) and loaded. The need for all rounded strength, power, endurance and flexibility is pretty unique to MMA (and wrestling).

Just curious, on what did you base that claim?

Because you can set yourself in the perfect position under the most ideal circumstances. In competition too many variables throw off the numbers. Body positioning, fatigue, accuracy etc.

Perfect circumstances will always allow for a superior movement in isolation.

Huge Conor fan. He's obviously an awesome athlete [Probably on his way to knocking out Aldo] but that stat is flawed.
As a for instance [I'm not American but I'll use an American football analogy]:

- In the middle of a football game a wide receiver won't be regularly hitting the speed he attains in a one off 40 yard dash.
- A linesman won't be generating the peak power outputs that he can attain in a one off test in training.
- A wide receiver won't have the same vertical leap as he can achieve in a one off test in training etc.

Last edited:
I've been watching MMA for over 20 years and the first time I ever searched Utube for a fighter was after I saw Connor's first fight in the UFC.
I could tell he was different and very good and was intrigued.
I would like him to crack a smile here and there and show he has humor, because his tough guy, best in the world act is getting really old really fast, even if it turns out to be true.

He's 5'9.

He's faster than Belfort? They should fight.

Oh wait Vitor fights real sized men.

Pic1a_3114201k.jpg

I wonder how much thought went into the composition of that picture. None? A lot?

Men - woman - men
Former champ - champ - contender - champ - contender - champ - former champ.
Brazilian - American - European - American - European - American - Brazilian
Asian(ish) - whites - blacks
Dark hair (x2) - Blondes (x3) - (dark) no hair (x2)

I just realized that nationality and a fighter's relation to the belt directly correlates in that picture. Pattern recognition is fun. Even when random.

Of course he can spin like a ballerina faster than Belfort. He's 50 pounds lighter.

And if whatever nut jobs think his "movement and fluidity" is unparalleled, they've never been to a boxing gym.

Connor is D-Level, tops.

Connor is tiny compared to all those guys, so it's not surprising he can rotate his limbs way faster, it's only physics.

Good for him no doubt, though.

Is this available online anywhere?

As sick as I am of this Conor bandwagon, that's actually some pretty cool facts. Love seeing the science behind shit like this.

still about 3-5 years from realistically being considered a GOAT, let alone P4P

Rotational velocity, looool. These pseudo science shows are really reaching.

6Cy3Wi4.gif

Back