The GOAT = Confirmed 'A-Level' Athlete

Yes, and that's great but it doesn't mean he'll be great. He's beaten some good fighters but I honestly can't go anywhere near the word "great" until I see something great against the top guys.

I understand your skepticism. Mac is a mystic, you're a skeptic. :icon_lol: Seriously though, McGregor is one of the best athletes in the sport and it's easy to spot right away. FOX FS1/FOX Sports isn't making outrageous claims and analogies like ESPN's Sport Science show does with the "Apache Helicopter" bullshit. These are numbers actually gathered scientifically as-is in controlled test environments. As good of an athlete and explosive as Belfort is, his rotational velocity is behind McGregor's by ~12

that's not what the chart says

sher.jpg

i think we'll take a scientific grading chart over your word LMAO

lol John Jons. Thats how vitor says it.

I understand your skepticism. Mac is a mystic, you're a skeptic. :icon_lol: Seriously though, McGregor is one of the best athletes in the sport and it's easy to spot right away. FOX FS1/FOX Sports isn't making outrageous claims and analogies like ESPN's Sport Science show does with the "Apache Helicopter" bullshit. These are numbers actually gathered scientifically as-is in controlled test environments. As good of an athlete and explosive as Belfort is, his rotational velocity is behind McGregor's by ~12

Belfort had the free testosterone levels of an 18/19 year old when his athletic performance regarding rotational velocity was assessed. :wink:

Was Vitor's recorded in an actual fight?

If so, it's much more difficult to attain higher numbers in a game scenario as opposed to a controlled environment.

If so, it's much more difficult to attain higher numbers in a game scenario as opposed to a controlled environment.

Just curious, on what did you base that claim?

Belfort had the free testosterone levels of an 18/19 year old when his athletic performance regarding rotational velocity was assessed. :wink:

Testosterone doesn't regenerate brain neurons dulled from decades of combat sports that help control reflex & agility.

Yes, it was (and was never replicated in their lab to my knowledge). However, it would have the polar opposite effect on athletic performance. The adrenal glands pump out a large amount of adrenaline rapidly in a fight situation/environment ("fight or flight"), which will heighten athletic performance a lot due to increased blood flow to the muscles, oxygen intake capacity (widened bronchioles) and a spike in blood sugar levels for the required energy needed to power it.

Testosterone doesn't regenerate brain neurons dulled from decades of combat sports that help control reflex & agility.

And how many neurons do you think Vitor had 'dulled'? He's only been knocked out three times in his entire career and two of those instances were TKOs, with the Anderson Silva knockout being recorded as a KO. Vitor hasn't been a punching bag over the years either, apart from a few fights that I recall. Last I checked, Vitor's reflexes and agility were off the charts. His reaction time is sharp as a tack, look to his knockouts of Rockhold and Hendo to assess that yourself with your eyeballs.

He's faster than Belfort? They should fight.

Oh wait Vitor fights real sized men.

Pic1a_3114201k.jpg

Totally irrelevant to the point of this thread but does standing next to Ronda make Conor seem shorter to anyone else?

I know she's in heels and he's a FW but when I saw them next to each other he seemed shorter than expected.

And how many neurons do you think Vitor had 'dulled'? He's only been knocked out three times in his entire career and two of those instances were TKOs, with the Anderson Silva knockout being recorded as a KO. Vitor hasn't been a punching bag over the years either, apart from a few fights that I recall. Last I checked, Vitor's reflexes and agility were off the charts. His reaction time is sharp as a tack, look to his knockouts of Rockhold and Hendo to assess that yourself with your eyeballs.

Reaction time will decrease with age, regardless of head trauma and hormone therapy.

Totally irrelevant to the point of this thread but does standing next to Ronda make Conor seem shorter to anyone else?

I know she's in heels and he's a FW but when I saw them next to each other he seemed shorter than expected.

You do realize he is bending at the knees? Although I thought that was obvious.

Reaction time will decrease with age, regardless of head trauma and hormone therapy.

This is common sense. While Vitor is considerably older, he still had the large benefit of both being on TRT and more adrenaline in his bloodstream (you can be sure of this) than Conor, both of which increase athletic performance, peak and sustained.

McGregor had the benefit of kicking multiple times and them likely taking the highest result, unless they averaged it out with the median or took the mean average. We don't know, all we have are the numbers themselves with the technique being identical (spinning back kick).

Last edited:
Back