The GOAT = Confirmed 'A-Level' Athlete

Unfortunately Sports Science is D-Level entertainment and F-Level science.

Were they comparing the measurements of a kick belfort did in a fight to one conor did in a lab?

Finally, the SherXperts arrive! And they mentioned that Vitor is bigger. Yes, he has more mass obviously. Nobody is debating that.

Of course he can spin like a ballerina faster than Belfort. He's 50 pounds lighter.

And if whatever nut jobs think his "movement and fluidity" is unparalleled, they've never been to a boxing gym.

Connor is D-Level, tops.

You must go to some amazing boxing gyms. And lol @ D-level. Bron and co. lost to 'tor at the awards, breh. :icon_lol:

Were they comparing the measurements of a kick belfort did in a fight to one conor did in a lab?

Them? Nope. I remembered Vitor winning an ESPN Newton award last year for the same shit (angular velocity) so I included it in the OP.

Because you can set yourself in the perfect position under the most ideal circumstances. In competition too many variables throw off the numbers. Body positioning, fatigue, accuracy etc.

Perfect circumstances will always allow for a superior movement in isolation.

Huge Conor fan. He's obviously an awesome athlete [Probably on his way to knocking out Aldo] but that stat is flawed.
As a for instance [I'm not American but I'll use an American football analogy]:

- In the middle of a football game a wide receiver won't be regularly hitting the speed he attains in a one off 40 yard dash.
- A linesman won't be generating the peak power outputs that he can attain in a one off test in training.
- A wide receiver won't have the same vertical leap as he can achieve in a one off test in training etc.

Would you, then, expect the outputs to differ significantly? That is the main question at hand.

Unfortunately Sports Science is D-Level entertainment and F-Level science.

Well, then it's a good thing that this wasn't on Sport Science, or even related to ESPN at all. It was tested in a lab at Cal State University Fullerton on behalf of FOX Sports.

Would you, then, expect the outputs to differ significantly? That is the main question at hand.

I think you would hit on average 90% of your max output. Either way, Conor is still a beast. You just need identical testing to compare data.

I once did this punching bag competition at some bar with this dude that weighed like 100 pounds more than me. I smoked him in numbers every time, and it was pretty damned funny.

However, if we ever got in a fight, I'd be the one on the floor. Regardless of what that machine was saying.

McGoat is the greatest athlete to have ever lived.

1114.gif

I'm starting to believe.

He should fight Aldo in a lab because he's gonna get his ass kicked in a cage....

Pic1a_3114201k.jpg

I'd watch McG vs RRR. It would be such a competitive fight.

: |

When did Ronda start dating the dude from Sons of Anarchy?

Conor is A-level and he apples his abilities appropriately to fighting. In his case it works seamlessly.

If being an A-level athlete was a prerequisite for being a great fighter than Mike Tyson would have been in trouble. I don't imagine him ever looking anything but slow, plodding and clumsy on an NBA court or NFL field. I am tired of hearing lectures about how dunking a basketball somehow lends itself to fight-based skills. There is no evidence of that whatsoever. It's NBA fan-boy talk.

That is actually pretty damn impressive.

I wonder how much thought went into the composition of that picture. None? A lot?

Men - woman - men
Former champ - champ - contender - champ - contender - champ - former champ.
Brazilian - American - European - American - European - American - Brazilian
Asian(ish) - whites - blacks
Dark hair (x2) - Blondes (x3) - (dark) no hair (x2)

I just realized that nationality and a fighter's relation to the belt directly correlates in that picture. Pattern recognition is fun. Even when random.

Sick post, do you usually spot these kind of things for every little things in life ?

Belfort got his award for doing the spinning kick in a fight and the measurements for his kick were in fight measurements. You don't get awards for practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back