The Cheap Shot and The Cheap Win

Did you lose respect for Diego Sanchez (DQ win)?

• Total voters
This reads like a meme about dorks in their moms basement.

Adults don't give a shit about you attributing them a warrior legacy. He's an old athlete on the brink of retirement who all but certainly has brain damage.

These guys fight for peanuts to make billionaires richer. When the UFC decides they are done with Diego, they are going wring him like a wet rag and toss him in the bin. His only responsibility is to his own health and his family. Only a moron in his position would take a blatantly illegal knee to the skull - that split his head open - and go home with half a pay check.

He's already underpaid and has been for years.

Some of you guys don't live in the real world.

yup

Adults don't give a shit about you attributing them a warrior legacy. He's an old athlete on the brink of retirement who all but certainly has brain damage.

These guys fight for peanuts to make billionaires richer. When the UFC decides they are done with Diego, they are going wring him like a wet rag and toss him in the bin. His only responsibility is to his own health and his family. Only a moron in his position would take a blatantly illegal knee to the skull - that split his head open - and go home with half a pay check.

Seriously a guy like Diego that's been in tons of exciting wars, and was a ranked contender in his prime? Yeah they should have paid him enough to retire by now.

he shouldn’t anyway, going by his performance that night
By showing heart and staying in a fight when he had a clear and easy path to the victory. Your statement makes no sense. I get what you mean. But bad example. He did fight shitty that night but he showed all heart

He made a veteran decision, but ended his career.

He doesnt have the physical abilities or skill set to compete and now the UFC can't promote him as this wild never say die warrior.

How could you not?

His whole reputation is built on being a tough fighter and a warrior.

He straight up quit last night. Embarrassing for Diego and hurtful for his legacy.

By showing heart and staying in a fight when he had a clear and easy path to the victory. Your statement makes no sense. I get what you mean. But bad example. He did fight shitty that night but he showed all heart

all heart?

maybe you need to rewatch that fight buddeh

all heart?

maybe you need to rewatch that fight buddeh
He had a chance to take the easy road to victory and money but didn't. The heart of a warrior man. Just didn't have the skill to back it up that night but the heart was there . If it wasn't, jones would have 2 dq loses on his record, is how i personally look at that.

Look at how quickly he recovered. He gets up at the same time as MP. This undermines his claim he cannot continue.

His forehead got sliced open by the illegal knee and he probably got wobbled.

It's not unreasonable to say I don't want to continue or to wonder what will happen if he makes that decision.

not blatantly illegal. He’s a fighter. He always preached about being such a noble warrior and he bitched out

No but I didn’t have really any to begin with

There was no need for Diego to continue...
Down 2-0...
Michel was beating him up...
A comeback wasnt in sight...
And his stupid corner wasnt helpfull at all..

I dont really blame him...

I don't like that he did this.
But I would do the same if I were him.
Also, A Smith should have taken the DQ win over Jones.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tenor.gif

I'm sure Diego is saddened by you guys losing respect for him.

Yea I don't blame Diego, Perreira should've known he was down. I mean he was fully bent over at the waist when he threw the knee. That should be enough to know your opponent is grounded.

I wanna see them DQ by eyepokes... I wanna see DC disqualified vs Stipe and retire in shame because of that.

Clear illegal knee and it landed flush.
Diego was already struggling how do you think he would have done after that?
That may be the smartest decision he has ever made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back